Others The Klub 17 + Hook5 [V11 & VX + KE Update 1 + Hook5 Extended] [TK17 & Pervokptr]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

Jodi088

Oct 4, 2019
I must be doing something wrong because mine def doesn't look like those screens. What did I do wrong lol?

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
I must be doing something wrong because mine def doesn't look like those screens. What did I do wrong lol?
The most usual thing happening is that you didn't use the launcher in Binaries folder but the one in the main folder. If it's not this, I don't know without more precisions from you.

Reactions: zasdase

Jodi088

Oct 4, 2019
The most usual thing happening is that you didn't use the launcher in Binaries folder but the one in the main folder. If it's not this, I don't know without more precisions from you.
I had saw that earlier and went ahead and did that. The only thing is that the characters really are not as defined. I'll be honest I'm super newb at this program so honestly I'm assuming I need to do some more things with modsgarden or something. I went there and it just looked like a cluster fuck to me lol. Just loading straight from the binaries I have some preloaded models, but they are somewhat cartoony. Also, is there a way to just create one from scratch or delete some of them b/c I don't need that many, especially the men.

Last edited:

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
I had saw that earlier and went ahead and did that. The only thing is that the characters really are not as defined. I'll be honest I'm super newb at this program so honestly I'm assuming I need to do some more things with modsgarden or something. I went there and it just looked like a cluster fuck to me lol. Just loading straight from the binaries I have some preloaded models, but they are somewhat cartoony. Also, is there a way to just create one from scratch or delete some of them b/c I don't need that many, especially the men.
Post some screenshots of what it looks like, it will probably help me understand the problem.

Yes of course you can create them from scratch, that's the main point of the game :D When you choose a character at the beginning, choose "clone character", then choose this clone, launch the game (freemode is the most simple way), then right click on the character -> customize, and then you can spend 30mn to 3hours modifying your character, change body, hair, clothes, face in many ways. Once it's ok for you click the top right thing to go back to freemode and your character should look just as you made it look in the customizer screen. It will also kinda "save" it, meaning next time you choose this clone before a game, it will be exactly as you left it. But sometimes it changes (especially clothes and skin texture) so I would advise that you save individually each category you modified in the "customize" screen. There's a save and a load button in the customizer pannel. So save your body, your clothes, your face, and if you need it any other categories (tattoos, jewelry, makeup...etc).

I would advise against deleting characters as long as you're a noob. Those characters are base models which you can use as a starting point if you clone them. You shouldn't delete or modify them until you know what you're doing.

I'm not gonna lie tho, if you don't spend a least a year reading and downloading stuff in Modsgarden, you won't know the billion other things you need to know to use this game at its full potential.

Jodi088

Oct 4, 2019
Post some screenshots of what it looks like, it will probably help me understand the problem.

Yes of course you can create them from scratch, that's the main point of the game :D When you choose a character at the beginning, choose "clone character", then choose this clone, launch the game (freemode is the most simple way), then right click on the character -> customize, and then you can spend 30mn to 3hours modifying your character, change body, hair, clothes, face in many ways. Once it's ok for you click the top right thing to go back to freemode and your character should look just as you made it look in the customizer screen. It will also kinda "save" it, meaning next time you choose this clone before a game, it will be exactly as you left it. But sometimes it changes (especially clothes and skin texture) so I would advise that you save individually each category you modified in the "customize" screen. There's a save and a load button in the customizer pannel. So save your body, your clothes, your face, and if you need it any other categories (tattoos, jewelry, makeup...etc).

I would advise against deleting characters as long as you're a noob. Those characters are base models which you can use as a starting point if you clone them. You shouldn't delete or modify them until you know what you're doing.

I'm not gonna lie tho, if you don't spend a least a year reading and downloading stuff in Modsgarden, you won't know the billion other things you need to know to use this game at its full potential.
Basically this is what my characters look like. I went ahead and got quite a few mods such as the JZface and a skin retexture. Also made sure to get the 4x enabler as well but still looks meh...

Kryptozoid

Sep 3, 2016
Basically this is what my characters look like. I went ahead and got quite a few mods such as the JZface and a skin retexture. Also made sure to get the 4x enabler as well but still looks meh...
Thanks, from the screenshots I can say that your main11.fx (located in Binaries) is the basic one, always looked too dark. Go hunt for a more recent one in Modsgarden. Just type "main11.fx" in their search bar. Keep a copy of the original one just in case. You can also open it in notepad and change stuff yourself once you know more stuff. Also type "envmaps" in MG's search, download some and put them in "Mod\Activemod\_hook5data\envmaps\" . In Main11.fx, you have 2 places to copy the full path to these envmaps. One for the customizer (the environment in your screenshots), one for all the other rooms in ActiveMod that don't have a level_definition file in them. Look at my screenshot and do something similar :

To sum up, just find a nice Main11.fx in MG (usually people post screenshots of what their game looks like with their Main11.fx), then just correct the path to envmaps (named cubemap in Main11.fx) according to your install and the envmaps you found.

You have to change the main11.fx before launching the game, you won't see the changes in real time, it might even crash the game if you change the Main11.fx while the game is running.

Regarding 4x mode, I can't help I've never tried, I use normal resolution but I launch the game in 5000x3000 thanks to Nvidia's super resolution mode. AMD cards have a similar thing too. From your screenshots, I'm not sure the 4x mod works, it looks like normal resolution working to me but I may be wrong, hard to say.

In this thread at MG :

Look for the 2nd post, it explains how to set up the super resolution mode for NVidia cards. For AMD, I don't know, but a similar system exists.

Reactions: zippydan

Lorbass

Jul 28, 2017
Engine is pretty bad tho doesn't matter if u have a NVME SSD or HDD it doesn't affect loading time...

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes