Others The Klub 17 + Hook5 [V11 & VX + KE Update 1 + Hook5 Extended] [TK17 & Pervokptr]

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
For those needing help, there is a reason we have always directed people to main site Klub Exile. Not because we want clicks (It is not ad supported), but because we much more resources to help folks plus a vibrant membership base who will try to get your questions asked. And no, don't expect people to tell you "Hi Newbie, this is not where to post your question" that is not how the KE community roles.

That said I will try to give you a basic step by step process here to install,

1. Download and install the executable. I suggest you do a portable install just to make things simpler
  2. Download Update P and extract the contents of the zip to the root of your game folder. Overwrite anything else that is there
  3. Run your game (This makes sure you get all the folders and things generated on first run)
Now Install Hook 5

PreReqs..install this stuff first

1. First, make sure that your game is running fine without hook5. If that doesn't work, look at your Antivirus and Security options in Windows 10. Install the game outside protected folders like ProgamFiles or ProgramFiles (x86).
  2. Install the June 2010 . You should do that anyway to have proper support for directx9 and older games. MAKE SURE YOU DO THIS YOU NEED THESE SPECIFIC RUNTIMES
  3. Install .
Install Hook 5 Files
  1. First download the archive from the main game folder. This is a pre-packeged archive that just made things easier.
    1. View attachment 2712051
  2. Extract this entire archive to the root of your game folder (this is only two folders "Binaries" and "Mod"). Overwrite if asked. This effectively gives you H5 Basic
  3. If you want Hook 5 extended, download the files on the OP page copy the contents of the Hook5 extened archive into your binaries folder. Thats it.
    1. View attachment 2712063
  4. Now when using H5 you need to run the TK17Launcher directly from Binaries. It will not work if you do not run it from binaries.
  5. Select DirectX graphics at the launcher screen and launch. With H5 it takes 1 minute for the welcome screen to appear, so be patient.
Hey, having some issues after following these instructions.

1689111359321.png

Gets stuck as shown above after Quick Game, or trying to start the Tutorial, or Quick Pose Edit. I stopped trying after trying those options.

Then this error appears:

1689111423214.png

I checked the mainfx_errors txt doc and everything looks fine there. It didn't at first when I tried to muddle around with the OP install instructions. But after following your instructions, I at least stopped having issues there (so far as I can tell, everything looks like it succeeds and nothing noted as missing, unlike before). But still I am getting the above shown error as before.

I guess two possibilities are that your instructions are not precise on two points:

First, for the June 2010 DirectX End-User Runtimes linked above, after executing, Windows asked me where to install them and didn't give me any hints, so I just installed them in The Klub directory folder (which is NOT installed in Program or Program86, but at the top of the drive directory alongside those folders). Perhaps there is a specific folder where this should be going?

Second, when downloading the MS Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 linked above, MS asked me which version I wanted - x86, ia64, or x64. I went with x64 since that is what I thought correct for Win 11 Pro (my OS), but maybe x86 makes more sense for TK17 support?

If it's not either of these issues, I'm not sure. So far as I can tell, with the above caveats, I followed your instructions precisely; but still got the above result. :(

Any assistance would be helpful and appreciated. (y)

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
Hey, having some issues after following these instructions.

View attachment 2762548

Gets stuck as shown above after Quick Game, or trying to start the Tutorial, or Quick Pose Edit. I stopped trying after trying those options.

Then this error appears:

View attachment 2762553

I checked the mainfx_errors txt doc and everything looks fine there. It didn't at first when I tried to muddle around with the OP install instructions. But after following your instructions, I at least stopped having issues there (so far as I can tell, everything looks like it succeeds and nothing noted as missing, unlike before). But still I am getting the above shown error as before.

I guess two possibilities are that your instructions are not precise on two points:

First, for the June 2010 DirectX End-User Runtimes linked above, after executing, Windows asked me where to install them and didn't give me any hints, so I just installed them in The Klub directory folder (which is NOT installed in Program or Program86, but at the top of the drive directory alongside those folders). Perhaps there is a specific folder where this should be going?

Second, when downloading the MS Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 linked above, MS asked me which version I wanted - x86, ia64, or x64. I went with x64 since that is what I thought correct for Win 11 Pro (my OS), but maybe x86 makes more sense for TK17 support?

If it's not either of these issues, I'm not sure. So far as I can tell, with the above caveats, I followed your instructions precisely; but still got the above result. :(

Any assistance would be helpful and appreciated. (y)
So if your H5 install was screwed up you wouldn't even see the above screen you posted. Did you try to migrate a bunch of stuff from an old v7.5 install? Does it load fine once and then not load when you try to go back and run it again?

tek17

Game Developer
Jan 4, 2022
Thats cool. Congrats on that. I know R0y already had like 2000 of the now 3000 members before the Phoenix conversion. Hats off to Roy for doing that all by himself since like 2017. Then 1000 new members just like that, after the fact since launch. That is something to be proud about. Congrats to both you and Roy on that accomplishment!!
FYI, Roy started the site on Sept 3, 2013, and we took over this year, with the official opening on April 16 2023.

Reactions: Richter Belmont
Oct 28, 2021
FYI, Roy started the site on Sept 3, 2013, and we took over this year, with the official opening on April 16 2023.
Wow. Longer than I thought. It seems your at good pace of ~300 new members a month. Not bad start at all. Like I told the other guy, the format is not really my preference, but I am sure folks looking for that ModsGarden nostalgic look and feel will feel right at home. Keep doing what you do.

Nov 11, 2017
Wow. Longer than I thought. It seems your at good pace of ~300 new members a month. Not bad start at all. Like I told the other guy, the format is not really my preference, but I am sure folks looking for that ModsGarden nostalgic look and feel will feel right at home. Keep doing what you do.
Thank you so much, we apreciate that =P

Reactions: tek17

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
So if your H5 install was screwed up you wouldn't even see the above screen you posted. Did you try to migrate a bunch of stuff from an old v7.5 install? Does it load fine once and then not load when you try to go back and run it again?
No, I did not migrate anything from an old install. It started as a fresh install, then after seeing your post, I decided to try from scratch by deleting The Klub folder, then reinstall. When I went to install, it said it detected that The Klub was already installed, and asked if I wanted to uninstall. That didn't work, so I installed anyway. Then after installing that second time, I ran the setup again and this time uninstalled successfully, then reinstalled a third time.

My experience is that I can start up the game fine, but whenever it needs to load models, that is when it hangs on the screen I showed, and then the error notice pops up that I showed.

Just now, I went to New Scene, got to the selection of Myself, Sexmate, 3some, and 4some, and chose Myself. Then selected the model. Then Quick Scene, and then it goes to the Loading Models screen. Same screen I keep getting stuck on, whichever options I attempt that eventually need to load models. Always it hangs whenever it attempts to load models.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
No, I did not migrate anything from an old install. It started as a fresh install, then after seeing your post, I decided to try from scratch by deleting The Klub folder, then reinstall. When I went to install, it said it detected that The Klub was already installed, and asked if I wanted to uninstall. That didn't work, so I installed anyway. Then after installing that second time, I ran the setup again and this time uninstalled successfully, then reinstalled a third time.

My experience is that I can start up the game fine, but whenever it needs to load models, that is when it hangs on the screen I showed, and then the error notice pops up that I showed.

Just now, I went to New Scene, got to the selection of Myself, Sexmate, 3some, and 4some, and chose Myself. Then selected the model. Then Quick Scene, and then it goes to the Loading Models screen. Same screen I keep getting stuck on, whichever options I attempt that eventually need to load models. Always it hangs whenever it attempts to load models.
Got it. So I do recommend doing a portable install in a fresh install. The standard install needs to add reg keys and the like and does not allow you to have multiple versions installed side by side. Just know when doing a portable install with hook, you need to run the TK17 launcher directly from Binaries.

That is a very odd place to crash. Can you zip up your log files and send them over?

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
Got it. So I do recommend doing a portable install in a fresh install. The standard install needs to add reg keys and the like and does not allow you to have multiple versions installed side by side. Just know when doing a portable install with hook, you need to run the TK17 launcher directly from Binaries.

That is a very odd place to crash. Can you zip up your log files and send them over?
Okay, I will try the portable install. But since I only have the one version installed, there shouldn't be an issue there, right?

Also, I was running from Binaries already. Maybe I wasn't supposed to do that in the standard install?

Edit1: I tried running the standard install from Desktop shortcut and also from the Play The Klub 17 exe in the main The Klub folder. The game does not start up at all, and gives that same error pop up as happens after the Loading Models issue when I start up from the Binaries folder.

I have attached the log files from the Logs folder. Edit1: This does not include logs for the issue about trying to start from the desktop shortcut or the main folder.

Edit2: I did the portable install. Without yet installing Hook5, I started up the game first to make sure it works, as suggested in the instructions. I went to Quick Game...and got the same issue as with the standard install. The game hangs at Loading Models screen. :(

Last edited:

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
Okay, I will try the portable install. But since I only have the one version installed, there shouldn't be an issue there, right?

Also, I was running from Binaries already. Maybe I wasn't supposed to do that in the standard install?

Edit1: I tried running the standard install from Desktop shortcut and also from the Play The Klub 17 exe in the main The Klub folder. The game does not start up at all, and gives that same error pop up as happens after the Loading Models issue when I start up from the Binaries folder.

I have attached the log files from the Logs folder. Edit1: This does not include logs for the issue about trying to start from the desktop shortcut or the main folder.

Edit2: I did the portable install. Without yet installing Hook5, I started up the game first to make sure it works, as suggested in the instructions. I went to Quick Game...and got the same issue as with the standard install. The game hangs at Loading Models screen. :(
Running from Binaries is more of a thing you have to do when using hook. I do no think it makes a difference otherwise. I looked through the logs there was nothing there that told me something major is office. So start from scratch scratch.

1. Do a portable install but install to a different directory C:\TK17, C:\TheKlub17Portable, etc... don't use the standard install directory. Just to make sure there is not some left over reg entry causing problems.
  2. Next install Update P (My opinion most stable version).
  3. Before even adding H5. Run the game wit OpenGL and make sure you can get into QuickMode. If all is good move to the next.
  4. Install Hook5 like normal. Then run the game again like before to make sure it works. If all is good. Then you know you have a fully functioning vanilla build with H5.
  5. Start adding in your addons. Stay away from old Theme addons, Orca, and Script Mods from 7.5. The most likely will not work. Rooms and Dresses should come over fine for the most part
  6. Test periodically to makes sure things are not broken.
  7. If you see everything is working as you want it to, from here if you want the new features we rolled out install KE Update 1.

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
Running from Binaries is more of a thing you have to do when using hook. I do no think it makes a difference otherwise. I looked through the logs there was nothing there that told me something major is office. So start from scratch scratch.

1. Do a portable install but install to a different directory C:\TK17, C:\TheKlub17Portable, etc... don't use the standard install directory. Just to make sure there is not some left over reg entry causing problems.
  2. Next install Update P (My opinion most stable version).
  3. Before even adding H5. Run the game wit OpenGL and make sure you can get into QuickMode. If all is good move to the next.
  4. Install Hook5 like normal. Then run the game again like before to make sure it works. If all is good. Then you know you have a fully functioning vanilla build with H5.
  5. Start adding in your addons. Stay away from old Theme addons, Orca, and Script Mods from 7.5. The most likely will not work. Rooms and Dresses should come over fine for the most part
  6. Test periodically to makes sure things are not broken.
  7. If you see everything is working as you want it to, from here if you want the new features we rolled out install KE Update 1.
I've determined that KE Update 1 is the culprit. I did 1.00p, 1.00q, and 1.00r, and they all work fine with loading models. But when I try KE Update 1, that's when I get the issue.

It's a little weird that when looking at the version, the KE one shows "1.01p" in the lower right corner of the title screen, but the other ones show "10.100p" "10.100q" or "10.100r". Not sure if that's helpful, or just expected.

In any case, KE Update 1 is the one that gives me problems, whether with OpenGL or with DirectX. Any idea if there's something I might be missing in my install, that might keep it from loading models? When loading from the main folder launcher, I did briefly get some kind of error about not enough memory cache, but...my PC is crazy good, memory can't be an issue. Unless there could be something I'm missing in settings, or how the Windows redistributables for compatibility were set up?

Edit 1: Btw, I just realized I didn't exactly follow your instructions, because I didn't realize Update P was the 1.00p. Since the KE update shows "1.01p" in the version on the title screen, I had falsely guessed that was the Update P you meant, rather than the 1.00p contained in the Updates folder in the OP download.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
I've determined that KE Update 1 is the culprit. I did 1.00p, 1.00q, and 1.00r, and they all work fine with loading models. But when I try KE Update 1, that's when I get the issue.

It's a little weird that when looking at the version, the KE one shows "1.01p" in the lower right corner of the title screen, but the other ones show "10.100p" "10.100q" or "10.100r". Not sure if that's helpful, or just expected.

In any case, KE Update 1 is the one that gives me problems, whether with OpenGL or with DirectX. Any idea if there's something I might be missing in my install, that might keep it from loading models? When loading from the main folder launcher, I did briefly get some kind of error about not enough memory cache, but...my PC is crazy good, memory can't be an issue. Unless there could be something I'm missing in settings, or how the Windows redistributables for compatibility were set up?

Edit 1: Btw, I just realized I didn't exactly follow your instructions, because I didn't realize Update P was the 1.00p. Since the KE update shows "1.01p" in the version on the title screen, I had falsely guessed that was the Update P you meant, rather than the 1.00p contained in the Updates folder in the OP download.

Yes KE Update 1 folllows Update P. If you install it without Update P it will cause issues.

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
Yes KE Update 1 folllows Update P. If you install it without Update P it will cause issues.
Okay, I thought I did that already, but tested again just now. Doing a clean portable install, I then applied TK17VXF_Update1.00p, and fine as before. Then I installed TK17VXF_Update1.01P_KE1 over it, and still get the issue with loading models.

I also tried it before, where I started with p, then q, then r, then the KE. Same issue with loading models.

I have not even applied Hook5 yet when testing the KE over the p update, so Hook5 doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

Is it possible that the Update P file you are referring to is not TK17VXF_Update1.00p, but a different one not contained in the Updates folder, which should come after 1.00r, but before 1.01P_KE1?

These are two different title screens I get, where the first is anything before KE, and the second is the one with KE:

1689128849951.png

1689128866450.png

A friend of mine showed me his, and it looks like this:

1689128892774.png

I don't know how he got his title screen like this...since I thought I applied the p update, and it just looks like the first screenshot above.

TeoNZ

Apr 24, 2019
Update P sadly is too hard to see and read text. Please can we have the original GUI for those that have poor eyesight, cheers

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
Okay, I thought I did that already, but tested again just now. Doing a clean portable install, I then applied TK17VXF_Update1.00p, and fine as before. Then I installed TK17VXF_Update1.01P_KE1 over it, and still get the issue with loading models.

I also tried it before, where I started with p, then q, then r, then the KE. Same issue with loading models.

I have not even applied Hook5 yet when testing the KE over the p update, so Hook5 doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

Is it possible that the Update P file you are referring to is not TK17VXF_Update1.00p, but a different one not contained in the Updates folder, which should come after 1.00r, but before 1.01P_KE1?

These are two different title screens I get, where the first is anything before KE, and the second is the one with KE:

View attachment 2762908

View attachment 2762910

View attachment 2762911

I don't know how he got his title screen like this...since I thought I applied the p update, and it just looks like the first screenshot above.
I am going to run the install fresh myself and see what I get.

Reactions: Pervy Sensei

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020

View attachment 2762908

View attachment 2762910

View attachment 2762911

Ok just did it on my end. First off yes I encountered the same issue. Good news it was a simple fix. Just turn on the 4GB patch in options manager and that should fix it. Let me know if it does not.

Reason being is because XBody Default is built into the KE Update replacing the older default body. My assumption because it is heavier it needs the 4GB patch.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
I should add my install was really straight forward
  1. Install Game
  2. Install Update P (Drag and Drop files in archive and overwrite)
  3. Install KE Update 1 (Drag and Drop files in archive and overwrite)
  4. Launch Options Manager and enable 4GB Patch (Not the old version)
  5. Launch Game
That was basically it. I did not launch the game until the end.

HDiddy

Nov 21, 2020
Sorry one last thing the default theme of the KE version (enabled with KE Update 1) uses KE Logo as the splash screen. My assumptions is your friend is running one of the multitude of modified GUIs for the game. Looks Like CR502s Flat Light Version.

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
Ok just did it on my end. First off yes I encountered the same issue. Good news it was a simple fix. Just turn on the 4GB patch in options manager and that should fix it. Let me know if it does not.

Reason being is because XBody Default is built into the KE Update replacing the older default body. My assumption because it is heavier it needs the 4GB patch.
Yessir, that did the trick! Thank you for your assistance, it is much appreciated. :)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: HDiddy

Pervy Sensei

Donor
May 1, 2019
I should add my install was really straight forward
  1. Install Game
  2. Install Update P (Drag and Drop files in archive and overwrite)
  3. Install KE Update 1 (Drag and Drop files in archive and overwrite)
  4. Launch Options Manager and enable 4GB Patch (Not the old version)
  5. Launch Game
That was basically it. I did not launch the game until the end.
Seems like the 4GB Patch should be enabled by default, no?

4.10 star(s) 8 Votes