Tentacles

Sep 11, 2018
Spoilers for minmaxing austists:

I don't like that we get fucked over for copying the bitch princess. We were being lead astray by the implication that we SHOULD copy evil people. But now that brings only negative consequences?
Honestly I think I'm gonna cheat and turn that switch off in my save in RPGMaker. No way in hell am I reloading before the Erosian war because of this arbitrary and completely nonsensical turn of events.
But she is not evil as far as I remember. Just a bitchy noble

Reactions: Zaq Reman

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

I don't like that we get fucked over for copying the bitch princess. We were being lead astray by the implication that we SHOULD copy evil people. But now that brings only negative consequences?
Honestly I think I'm gonna cheat and turn that switch off in my save in RPGMaker. No way in hell am I reloading before the Erosian war because of this arbitrary and completely nonsensical turn of events.
She's a bitch but she isn't evil, she was being led by other people, that was made pretty obvious when you met her.

There was also never implication you should copy evil people, in fact it's also made clear you should be damn careful who you copy.

You did it purely because she was a bitch, of course that's going to have consequences. That's on you for not paying attention not the game.

Reactions: Zaq Reman

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
But she is not evil as far as I remember. Just a bitchy noble
Her introduction is literally her kicking a puppy. She then quite clearly abuses her maid. You feel bad for the maid. You are offered a solution. No NPC says something like "THIS MIGHT BE A BAD IDEA" (Aka only says "lol I dunno mang"). Here is the line from the game from SIMON HIMSELF, after Trin's suggestion of copying her being practical: "Yes, she could assist relations between Stenai and Arclent."

At the very least, getting the maid out of that situation seemed like the correct decision. There wasn't a single indication that it wouldn't be. The game punishes you for making a choice - that's ok, but only if I can see it coming.

Sierra likes pulling out these consequences out of her ass to keep the game "interesting" - I suppose that was my indication. Let's not forget how shitty moral issues are often handled by the game - starting with the fact Simon murders a merchant in cold blood just because he sold alcohol to the poor (and then steals the alcohol to sell it), but then he's all "oh I'm so troubled because I might influence other people's free will with my rape magic a bloo bloo".

I like the writing, I like the characters, but the more I like them, the more flaws I see in Sierra's writing.

Rant over.

Last edited:

0nymous

Nov 16, 2016
You can edit the flag for it don't need to.
Yep, that's what I wanted to do. Just to be fair also reversing the variables and positive effects of that choice at the time.

ON THE OTHER HAND; you never know, it might turn out actually copying Reletima is even more beneficial in the future; I don't know yet what exactly happens in this update with her.

SteelMemes

Dec 10, 2019
Yep, that's what I wanted to do. Just to be fair also reversing the variables and positive effects of that choice at the time.
Just to be clear, wouldn't doing just that mean there's two Rennas once the switch gets checked in the new update? I can't really find the switch related to her joining unless that's "Renna Trin Offer"

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Just gonna brag that I actually called copying Reletima was a bad idea. All the rationalizations for doing it were flimsy at best. "Freeing" Renna is weak because at that point she had every possible choice to "free" herself, it was made abundantly clear she could stop serving Reletima if she wanted with no consequences or moral reservations, forcing her into doing that isn't helping her, it is depriving her from having personal growth, similar to the one Iris had when she finally abandoned the Incubus Emperor.

"Improved diplomacy" was an afterthought, and if you somehow thought the little she could do diplomatically was worth the risk of tampering with a foreign hostage from a kingdom that was fearful and paranoid of the Doom King, then I don't know what to tell you except ya fucked up.

I think at least the xenophobic orc from the Tak'Kan council might also be a bad copy, possibly a few others but impossible to know for now.

Reactions: falafelswoop

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017

You were warned on several occasions that you should be careful about using Trin's powers because there might be consequences to do so... especially if you're found out. And you were discussing morality of using Trin's powers on several occasions with various characters.

This is not the first time you get penalized for copying someone. This is not even the first time you were penalized several updates later! And it almost certainly wont be the last... there will most likely be consequences for copying that Antagonistic Orc in Halls during Erosian crisis. There might also be consequences for copying Orgasmic Empire noble... or for copying those two priestesses. Every time you decide to copy someone you take the risk that doing so will have bad consequences down the line if people find out.

So no, this was not "arbitrary and completely nonsensical turn of events"... this is you making a bad choice and then complaining about suffering consequences for doing that.

Last edited:

Jaspion

Apr 29, 2017
Well, i just got lucky then. I didn't have enough copy possibilities to do it, was sad that i could only wait to get more spots to do it, but now i'm glad. KKKKKKKK

Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
Dude, what? Overusing Trin's power resulting in a fairly minor downside is not remotely arbitrary, the game is constantly telling you how immoral her magic is. You murdered a teenager for being a spoiled brat and so you could gain a minor benefit from replacing her. That you're shocked this had negative consequences in a game whose protagonist's goal, all along, has been to make his world a better place is entirely on you.

Also if you're that angry about the idea of replaying part of this game to get a better outcome this probably isn't a game for you. Sierra's constantly adding flags to record minor-seeming actions. Some are red herrings to throw off the hardcore fans, some have immediate effects, and some have consequences a year or more later (both in and out of game). The "optimal" path gets rewritten with almost every update, sometimes going back over a Chapter because of how intricate all the interactions are between the game's choices.

I made the exact same dumb (in hindsight) decision you did, expecting minor downsides down the road to make up for its minor upside. When said minor downsides turned out to be different than I expected, and slightly more extreme, my reaction wasn't "Ugh, now I have to go replay the Erosian War", it was "Huh, a reason to go replay the Erosian War. Might as well back up a little further and replay the Tower Depths as well, I always love that section." If replaying part of this game because new-but-predictable consequences got added makes you mad, you should consider waiting to play it until development's finished.

Zaq Reman

Jan 28, 2018
0.49 Mega/Nopy or Changelog Available?
Here's the changelog, copied from SL's public blog:

- Complete world overhaul for Chapter 5.
- Access to new nations: Erosia, Ghenalon, and Tatseni.
- Up to three new harem members (depending on your decisions).
- Several potential new staff members (heavily decision-dependent).
- Seven new plot scenes, plus four new affection scenes.
- Four new synergy skills.
- Three new Orcent conversations/events.
- Assorted minor retroactive changes. Yhilini civilians comment on the Thenoursan War, the monster patrol investment has some cosmetic NPCs, etc.

(Technically there's already been a Patreon 0.49.1 release but it was just fixes)

Public release is expected next week Friday; she rushed this out a little and plans to add more content to it (which will require another round of bug and typo fixes). The links in this thread are unlikely to get updated until then.

Taureum

Jul 1, 2018
Here's the changelog, copied from SL's public blog:

- Complete world overhaul for Chapter 5.
- Access to new nations: Erosia, Ghenalon, and Tatseni.
- Up to three new harem members (depending on your decisions).
- Several potential new staff members (heavily decision-dependent).
- Seven new plot scenes, plus four new affection scenes.
- Four new synergy skills.
- Three new Orcent conversations/events.
- Assorted minor retroactive changes. Yhilini civilians comment on the Thenoursan War, the monster patrol investment has some cosmetic NPCs, etc.

(Technically there's already been a Patreon 0.49.1 release but it was just fixes)

Public release is expected next week Friday; she rushed this out a little and plans to add more content to it (which will require another round of bug and typo fixes). The links in this thread are unlikely to get updated until then.
Cool, the Weekend get even more promissing as allready planed :>

Darkhorn

Nov 23, 2019
Well... It seems we all (mostly) fucked up with Stenai "princess":LOL: It's really laughable because we all know that it's decision will hit us in the future) This game built with consequences system) All our decicions have concequences that goes in two-way) We have some good and some bad with most of decisions at same time. And with this we still do some childish mistakes like copying Reletima because we want to be good persons and help every one, and forgeting about old saying that all good doings must be punished:LOL:
Redo! Redo the 4th chapter!:LOL:

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Just gonna brag that I actually called copying Reletima was a bad idea. All the rationalizations for doing it were flimsy at best. "Freeing" Renna is weak because at that point she had every possible choice to "free" herself, it was made abundantly clear she could stop serving Reletima if she wanted with no consequences or moral reservations, forcing her into doing that isn't helping her, it is depriving her from having personal growth, similar to the one Iris had when she finally abandoned the Incubus Emperor.

"Improved diplomacy" was an afterthought, and if you somehow thought the little she could do diplomatically was worth the risk of tampering with a foreign hostage from a kingdom that was fearful and paranoid of the Doom King, then I don't know what to tell you except ya fucked up.

I think at least the xenophobic orc from the Tak'Kan council might also be a bad copy, possibly a few others but impossible to know for now.
Same. Plus I chafe at the distrust aimed at my Simon by Elleani over Trin... especially since Elleani is, to me, the most attractive of the female characters in the game. This has made me unwilling to use Trin's powers further. I still might, if the only way to achieve my goals is to do so... but otherwise not.

Which just underscores how silly it is to say the game leads us to believe we should use Trin's powers. Quite the opposite.

4.40 star(s) 178 Votes