Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Yeah but that was 22 days ago. The last update 41.4 was released on February 8. That was 44 days I am going, to be honest, 41.4 was a disappointment. We only got changes to reflect what happens on the update before that and no story progress. At this pace, I might as well move on. The story is good but the update times are getting longer we are getting less content every update. It seems to me like Sierra is either working on too many projects or is just doing the same thing other content producers are doing drip feeding people content -_-
Also can you really call it 'drip feeding' content when Sierra releases a brand new 10 hour game out of the blue in the form of once ever after. I know it's not TLS but it's certainly not nothing.

kailius

Apr 21, 2017
I mean the synod was pretty darn amazing...
I am not saying it wasn't but a whole update with not even a bit of story progress was disappointing.

Also can you really call it 'drip feeding' content when Sierra releases a brand new 10 hour game out of the blue in the form of once ever after. I know it's not TLS but it's certainly not nothing.
Out of the blue really she didn't just make this out of thin air and make in a couple seconds >.> It probably took her some time at least. But hey if you want to wait 2 or 3 months for a text base game update go right ahead I am not -_- It will probably be mid April and next update might not be out yet.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
I am not saying it wasn't but a whole update with not even a bit of story progress was disappointing.[
Yeah, but that is how it has always been with how SL updates TLS. Big update, small update, big update small update.
After visiting Zirtania and Elven lands we had a 'wander around Yhilin' update. After the fucklord battle we had a 'look a bit around the world update, and heck after the 3AW the next update had us visit the base without being able to leave it!

I'm not really sure what your second point it. Like Ill revise it, "Also can you really call it 'drip feeding' content when Sierra releases a brand new 10 hour game she's been working on mostly in secret in the form of once ever after. I know it's not TLS but it's certainly not nothing."
It's still 10 hours worth of SL quality content which is FAR more then any TLS release.

"But hey if you want to wait 2 or 3 months for a text base game update go right ahead I am not -_- "
Won't you be? Unless you have a time machine you'll still be waiting same as us all!

• Haha
Reactions: demoka and Valtyr37

Nobby

Nov 15, 2017
I am not saying it wasn't but a whole update with not even a bit of story progress was disappointing.

Out of the blue really she didn't just make this out of thin air and make in a couple seconds >.> It probably took her some time at least. But hey if you want to wait 2 or 3 months for a text base game update go right ahead I am not -_- It will probably be mid April and next update might not be out yet.
The church literally breaking in two or creating a new sect run by fucking succubi is a major fucking development. New characters were introduced, old characters were developed, the world changed in ways far more extreme and impactful than something like the Fucklord's invasion caused, and it didn't progress the story? Agree to disagree.

Sierra has been running development on this game for years and they have had personal tragedies, collaborations with other developers, developing several independent games at the same time, writing short stories and entire books, multiple events that would and have caused lesser developers to give up projects all together and bail, and through all that they have never gone two months without a solid release. I am not even vaguely concerned that development on TLS will slack.

• Love
Reactions: demoka and Valtyr37

Ripe

Jun 30, 2017
Yeah but that was 22 days ago. The last update 41.4 was released on February 8. That was 44 days I am going, to be honest, 41.4 was a disappointment. We only got changes to reflect what happens on the update before that and no story progress. At this pace, I might as well move on. The story is good but the update times are getting longer we are getting less content every update. It seems to me like Sierra is either working on too many projects or is just doing the same thing other content producers are doing drip feeding people content -_-
Less content every update? Sure, 41.x was "smaller" but that is in part because you get to experience only 1/4 of the content during play-trough depending on how Synod concluded. And there is story progress... maybe not much, but there is some. Not to mention that seeing what all the effects of Synod are was rather interesting.

Drip feeding content? We just got a 10 hour game that nobody really expected. Quite a good game, I might add.

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
Damn, SL just put out another book for patrons. That's like the third one in 6 months.

TheHiddenOne

Aug 5, 2017
She is an endless fountain of creativity :D
Going to get her first book in 3 weeks, looking forward to it.

I do wonder what she will do once LS is done..

..No I want to play the game once more - but without my old saves it takes sooo long x_x

Waxer

Sep 11, 2017
SL's blog has an update with plans for the next release and of some ART!

Reactions: acewinz

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Wow. The writing of a King, the world building of a Tolkien, and the eroticism of a Marquis de Sod. If, as I read it, Sierra Lee is able to add CGs for the erotic scenes....its very possible I will be unable to finish the game. My hands will be too occupied.

• Haha
Reactions: demoka

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
Friends i need to find the 3rd focus point in the Elvin Woods with the 2 sisters and the 3rd point i have to get to i need to talk to the other sister but cannot find her. Am i missing something ? Please, any help.. I already found the first 2, do i need to do something to progress so she will show up somewhere on the map ?

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Friends i need to find the 3rd focus point in the Elvin Woods with the 2 sisters and the 3rd point i have to get to i need to talk to the other sister but cannot find her. Am i missing something ? Please, any help.. I already found the first 2, do i need to do something to progress so she will show up somewhere on the map ?
the three point are in theltiar (the city with the water/canal), denmiel (the city with the tree-house) and ivala glade (a signle withe three in the map).

you are done the ...?

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
CURRENT STATUS

Hey, everybody, let me give a general update on TLS before I get into the exciting new information.

As the game drew closer to the end of chapter four, I realized that there was a problem. Usually I stick closely to my original outline for the game, but in this case I didn't think the outline for the chapter four finale is up to the quality I want for TLS. So I found myself taking a step back and trying to see how I could rework the game so that the same events occur in a better way overall. I'm generally confident in the foundation that's already been laid, but the next update will need to set up things I'm uncertain about.

I recognized that this was going to delay me, and I don't like to be inactive, so I decided to take some time to try to clear my plate of side projects while I thought about TLS. That included a very large chunk of work on Once Ever After, which is now in a decent place to set on the backburner. It will also include a public demo of Don't Save the Princess that will be free for everyone (look forward to it before too long).

Basically, I hope to finish major stages of these things, then return to TLS with new energy once I'm completely confident in the plan. But meanwhile, there has been a potentially exciting development!

cuddles_03.png

As I've said many times in comments, I had come to doubt that I would ever be able to find an artist who was willing to commit to a project as large as TLS and who had a style that fit the game. However, for some time I have been talking to a long time fan of the game who wanted to offer their art. I've been discussing it with patrons, but now I'm letting all of you know too!

The above is just an image I commissioned for fun, but there is a with another scene meant to be representative of the style used for the game. We are discussing many details about what exact style of art to use, how certain characters should be drawn, and what types of art are highest priority.

Anyway, this conversation will continue for a while! No matter what is decided, you can count on me trying to make TLS the best game it can be and making it available here for everyone. Thanks for caring about my stories. ^-^

4.50 star(s) 183 Votes