Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
She seems too self-aware to be another experiment of Lilith, plus as I recall she expressed feeling strongly about the message and crystal sent by the fake Ivala. (Although I don't think she actually detailed what it was that she felt). No, while what you say about Lilith does make sense, I just don't think it feels right for the way things are going. I still feel it's a hail mary by Ivala to prepare for her own demise. Her fragile nature is a result therefore of Ivala twisting the tower somehow to create her.

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
she was also Frustrated about the council of Gawnfall but didn't know why and if she was telling the truth about herself with the whole Illusion seen from only one side, it must be so for her to exist and what she knows is limited and even to speak too plainly she would be stuffed out.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
I suppose the whole Lilith-Mestan issue will need to be dealt with too, either as a minor scene or part of the Tanaruk line. I hadn't considered Xerces being the captor of Zelica, but it does work story-wise. Wouldn't mind knowing the former identity of the holder of the divine shard Wendis now has too. *sigh* As I type still more questions to be answered swim around... Who is the little girl? (My guess is she will be next incarnation of Ivala). As well as Lord of Blood (and his floating? base), we may get to kill Fuzkao (unless one of the other threats get to him 1st). Will Shining swords ever actually have a purpose? Will Ralke ever slay the human king? And is it you?
lilith/mestan is another pure speculative element. a thing very relevant is helping mestan in the LL node fight change everything is fluff about mestan in the second gathering, but nothing in the crunch. this let me think the resolution of the duo will be a pivotal point in the plot [like robin-simon relationship].

the little girl is tied to ivala. after the synod she comment how the synod make her frustrated, but even her don't know why. so the link is very unclear.

I always thought she would have something to do with Lilith. She was found in a more chaos region, when creating the tower base, than holy region (those, they only visited later). Additionally, she is afraid of being "untangled" to much by probing eyes (Wendis scene in the tower base). If you untangle chaos, it's not chaos any more. Since the little girl calls the entity she has a connection to "my mother", it's probably not Tanurak. Other points might be a) the questions she asks (understand the other, to do more chaos by working contraire to there beliefs) and b) helping them at some points (it's said that Lilith doesn't care much about stuff and might even ally with one for some time, though she might forget about it the next second). :3
the little girl is linked to ivala. not lilith. she ask everyone to don't look to close, because understand her will erease her from esistence. not explain, but understand.

the entity she put close to her "mommy" is xestris. not lilith, but xestris is a compound of many thing. some demonic, but not everything, and she never comment any encouter simon have with lilith, if a they share some sort of relation i think we will se some int in her dialogue.

lordfridge9

Emperor of Universe 7
Donor
Aug 24, 2017
Really? I'd have said there's enough to warrant the tag, off the top of my head I can remember a few swinging/sharing scenes:
Pimping Qum to the brothel, have a dominated Varia give a bandit a BJ to distract him, Yarra & Qum have sex with ogres, orcs and succubi throughout their route when it splits everyone up, Hilstara has sex with random Succubi after a battle and then has sex with a female dwarf later on, Yarra & Fuani, Yarra has sex with some soldiers during a succubus/soldier orgy, Yarra & Elleani, Nalili with an old woman.
There are probably others but those are the ones that I can remember, sure the majority of scenes are with other women and Simon has shown he doesn't mind them having sex with others but I'd say you'll have a hard time playing this game at times if you're overly possessive/sensitive to women the MC is with getting with others.
Get past those scenes though and yeah this is a really fun game to play just for the story and character interactions.
Huh, probably explains why i haven't really played this yet. And Jesus, this is thing is half a decade long. Where did the time go

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
So I dunno if this has been suggested by anyone before, but I wanna put forward High Priest Hester for my guess at who is holding Ivala. My reasons are as follows: During one of the chapter interlude scenes a conversation between Ivala and someone else (can't remember if it was Mithyn or Tanaruk) I got the impression that whoever was holding her was female. It's been mentioned that whoever is manipulating the tower to create the chosen is using tower magic but only on a real world level (I'm not saying this well. Only to effect shallowly at the real world?) and I feel this is because whoever it is doesn't care about the tower or great magic, they only care about the real world (and faith in Ivala). After Estevan's worldwide announcement about fucking all the goddesses, Hester in particular was mentioned as looking furious. And shortly afterwards the crystal appears in Ardford (where Hester was at the time of the announcement) and the number of Chosen significantly increases. Hester keeps going on about retiring once she has got the church and it's future in order (and using Ivala's magic to accomplish this?). Plus it's fairly obvious someone high up in the church is behind the chosen anyway and quite frankly, none of the other high priestesses seem intelligent enough.

So that leaves overall motive. My guess would be that, like King Alonon, Hester has taken a peek through the tower at the fundimental nature of the world. Perhaps even she did it with him. And my guess is that, like Alonon, the experience left her somewhat broken. Most likely for Hester it would be the realization that Ivala wasn't all powerful, and that goddesses as a whole were petty little powerholders. And so she has chosen to take that power and try to make it what she belives it should of been.

On a side note, if what was stated earlier about Xerces holding Zelica is correct, and with Tanaruk hunting Mithyn, then we seem to be heading for a divine shard nuclear stand-off. We have Tertia, Xerces has Zelica, Hester* has Ivala, Tanaruk will get Mithyn. Only the Mother will be free to upset the balance or wait for a 5th major player (Lillith or Mestan?) to enter the stage.

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
So I dunno if this has been suggested by anyone before, but I wanna put forward High Priest Hester for my guess at who is holding Ivala. My reasons are as follows: During one of the chapter interlude scenes a conversation between Ivala and someone else (can't remember if it was Mithyn or Tanaruk) I got the impression that whoever was holding her was female. It's been mentioned that whoever is manipulating the tower to create the chosen is using tower magic but only on a real world level (I'm not saying this well. Only to effect shallowly at the real world?) and I feel this is because whoever it is doesn't care about the tower or great magic, they only care about the real world (and faith in Ivala). After Estevan's worldwide announcement about fucking all the goddesses, Hester in particular was mentioned as looking furious. And shortly afterwards the crystal appears in Ardford (where Hester was at the time of the announcement) and the number of Chosen significantly increases. Hester keeps going on about retiring once she has got the church and it's future in order (and using Ivala's magic to accomplish this?). Plus it's fairly obvious someone high up in the church is behind the chosen anyway and quite frankly, none of the other high priestesses seem intelligent enough.

So that leaves overall motive. My guess would be that, like King Alonon, Hester has taken a peek through the tower at the fundimental nature of the world. Perhaps even she did it with him. And my guess is that, like Alonon, the experience left her somewhat broken. Most likely for Hester it would be the realization that Ivala wasn't all powerful, and that goddesses as a whole were petty little powerholders. And so she has chosen to take that power and try to make it what she belives it should of been.

On a side note, if what was stated earlier about Xerces holding Zelica is correct, and with Tanaruk hunting Mithyn, then we seem to be heading for a divine shard nuclear stand-off. We have Tertia, Xerces has Zelica, Hester* has Ivala, Tanaruk will get Mithyn. Only the Mother will be free to upset the balance or wait for a 5th major player (Lillith or Mestan?) to enter the stage.
I think that the deal with Ivala is that she's being held intentionally, I think she figured out a way of achieving some greater form of power, but it requires her to stay hidden deep in the tower away from reality, which means that for her plans to work she needs a representative on the real plane to wield her power. I think originally Alonon was the one fulfilling that role, but as he grew apathetic, Hester then became her new "captor", sometime after Chapter 2 if I had to guess (she was still mostly normal during the summit, only during the war and the synod that she seemed to grow more cryptic and concerned about a "bigger picture").

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
Dunno what makes you think it's intentional. Everyone talking to her seems to show either sympathy or mocking her for her situation. Do you have anything to support this idea?

I like that you mention about Hester being different during the war and the synod, as these were the times that you can persuade 2 chosen to give it up (perhaps because their manipulator being distracted)

manscout

Jun 13, 2018
Dunno what makes you think it's intentional. Everyone talking to her seems to show either sympathy or mocking her for her situation. Do you have anything to support this idea?

I like that you mention about Hester being different during the war and the synod, as these were the times that you can persuade 2 chosen to give it up (perhaps because their manipulator being distracted)
Mostly just how calm Ivala's demeanor has been about this entire thing, and how she tells Mithyn things had been in motion for ages now.

Also I can't imagine how anyone could have entrapped Ivala without her consent, the lore has shown that people that can master the Tower are just on a whole different level of power, Ivala is among the goddesses that survived the last great conflict and she is the goddess of the most widespread religion in the world, with the whole "goddesses draw power from faith", its hard to think there wasn't a point where she was the most powerful being on the planet.

I think both Mithyn's sympathy and Tanurak's mockery have to do with the fact that, whatever Ivala's endgame may be, it required her to trap herself in the depths of the tower and act as little more than a "magic battery" for her followers on the real plane. I think Mithyn's sympathy might be related to Ivala's plan eventually trapping herself away from reality forever (personal theory is that she will become a natural force of "dogma", controlling the destiny of all living things), while Tanurak's mockery is due that to install a permanent order she is sacrificing herself, while agents of chaos like him get to reap all the benefits of power and use it as they see fit.

Also she had a cool glow during the intermission before chapter 5, that's some REAL final boss shit.

Harabec

Nov 11, 2019
M'kay. Well, while I don't agree with your conclusion, I do find it interesting and look forwards to finding the truth. If it's anything like the theories around MCU's End Game, we're both wrong and it's something entirely different.

AxelMasters

Jul 27, 2017
I'm curious, is there a unified list of all the drawn scenes available?
On the wiki there's a list of all the scenes that you can get, don't know how up to date it is but it has a CG column, if it has a 0 with a note ([1] like this) then a CG hasn't been done for it yet if it's just 0 no CG is planned for that scene. Link below should take you to the page I'm on about.

giruru

Aug 16, 2016
On the wiki there's a list of all the scenes that you can get, don't know how up to date it is but it has a CG column, if it has a 0 with a note ([1] like this) then a CG hasn't been done for it yet if it's just 0 no CG is planned for that scene. Link below should take you to the page I'm on about.
Appreciate it!

catal010

Mar 22, 2020
So I dunno if this has been suggested by anyone before, but I wanna put forward High Priest Hester for my guess at who is holding Ivala.
If it's anything like the theories around MCU's End Game, we're both wrong and it's something entirely different.
This have been indeed discussed on TLS wiki forum.
I forgot where I have read this before, but I remember that Sierra said all the key player for the climax of the story have been introduced. So that we wont have some deus-ex machina villain revealing thyself at the final battle proclaiming that they are the final enemy to beat to get happy ever after.
The list of the Ivala captor is usually the High Priestesses in the Church Ivala.
Hester is the one with the most suspicion to be the Ivala captor, we just dont know the exact motive for her to do/become it.
The other one in the list are Annah, but she's too straight of an arrow to do something like this that requires subterfuge.
The other priestesses seems to be focused to real-world problem that they dont show some kind of tower understanding. (And its not in Sierra style I think to not drop hints to player about some of the prominent character 'other' motive. Only Hester that have shown to have this through ingame dialogue and faces expression in cutscene)

I think that the deal with Ivala is that she's being held intentionally, I think she figured out a way of achieving some greater form of power, but it requires her to stay hidden deep in the tower away from reality, which means that for her plans to work she needs a representative on the real plane to wield her power.
I think originally Alonon was the one fulfilling that role, but as he grew apathetic, Hester then became her new "captor"
You do bring up an interesting point that havent been discussed yet at length on the wiki forum.
That Alonon and Hester used to work together on the Ivala plan... they somehow met with Ivala and came up with the plan of "trapping the goddesses to acquire even more greater power, while fooling everyone else." plan. Like how Simon told his grand 'Doom King' plan to his 'high harem member' back after Yhilin conquer.
But Alonon decided its not worth it later on and drop out of the game completely.

4.50 star(s) 181 Votes