Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
>starts SLOWLY

I don't think you understand what that means. You meet Yarra 20 minutes into the game.
Yet you have too sit through the introduction part, have to wittness "your Character" die and play as an old broken man, that lost both focus of his live and future.
Yarra proofes to be a disruptive Element that turns Simon into a sympatic character to the Player and turns him from side kick to MC... given that most people would stop a game if they don't like it 5-10 Minutes after the start that's still "far into the game" for them.

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
Yet you have too sit through the introduction part, have to wittness "your Character" die and play as an old broken man, that lost both focus of his live and future.
Yarra proofes to be a disruptive Element that turns Simon into a sympatic character to the Player and turns him from side kick to MC... given that most people would stop a game if they don't like it 5-10 Minutes after the start that's still "far into the game" for them.
Yeah, if there's one small criticism I have of TLS's intro section, it's that you spend a little too long in the shoes of a jackass before you get to play as Simon. It doesn't seem as long on a second playthrough, especially since you know what to expect, but it can drag a little if you don't.

That said though, if someone can't sit through 10-20 minutes of intro, I daresay the rest of the game might stretch a little too much for them :p

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Yeah, if there's one small criticism I have of TLS's intro section, it's that you spend a little too long in the shoes of a jackass before you get to play as Simon. It doesn't seem as long on a second playthrough, especially since you know what to expect, but it can drag a little if you don't.

That said though, if someone can't sit through 10-20 minutes of intro, I daresay the rest of the game might stretch a little too much for them :p
If you don't skip dialogue it's definetly more than 20 minutes. Exspecially if you try to explore in withered mountain, feroholm and the eastern forest. Like I said, I mean it for a completely new player.
It's not an issue if you know that something better is coming. But for a newcomer, the withered mountain part seems like the prologue and when simon jumps from that window, they expect the next part of the game to be the real game, so they can get discouraged when that is also slow and directionless.

For the record: I am not saying it's a huge issue or that the start needs to be reworked. Most of the stuff in the prologue is important to set the stage for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
Ain't "current patreon version" = "next public version" ( V0.6.0 )?
Or patreon version has stuff public version doesn't.
You make it sound like "public version" is better / newer :unsure:
like person said the first Patron version is basically beta version, it is already on 60.2 which has more stuff than the 60.0 version that dropped last Friday(to quote the maker on it " While this is likely not the final for this update, this one has reached what I'd consider a decent level of polish compared to the uneven first builds.")

which is normal because there are bugs(can even be bugs that straight up prevent you from competing the content in update) to find, extra stuff to put in and balance check to be made all of which mean the public version is always better than the patron version

Reactions: nackedsnake

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
like person said the first Patron version is basically beta version, it is already on 60.2 which has more stuff than the 60.0 version that dropped last Friday(to quote the maker on it " While this is likely not the final for this update, this one has reached what I'd consider a decent level of polish compared to the uneven first builds.")

which is normal because there are bugs(can even be bugs that straight up prevent you from competing the content in update) to find, extra stuff to put in and balance check to be made all of which mean the public version is always better than the patron version
I saw his other games are not free, didn't expect this game to go "Patreon = Beta" approach. So there's not even "Early Access" aspect?
Then I don't see why one need to complain "we don't get current patreon version", as you won't miss anything.
Not a Beta tester myself.

buff

May 29, 2017
It's 4.5 stars. I don't really see the problem. I love TLS, so much in fact that I am a Patron of the game, but it does have it's problems.
[discussion of minor defects]
The rating system only has meaning as a relative thing. There are games with higher ratings that are vastly inferior to TLS, which is why I call bullshit on it.

Reactions: Devil669

congamensch

Feb 19, 2018
The rating system only has meaning as a relative thing. There are games with higher ratings that are vastly inferior to TLS, which is why I call bullshit on it.
I prefer looking at number of votes myself; a game with 100+ votes and a 4.5 star average is usually better than a game with a single 5-star vote, even though the latter usually shows up as having a '5-star rating'.

Also consider that on this site people usually vote for 'how horny is game?' instead of 'how is the game's overall quality'? Not gonna rag on people for doing that, mind you- I fully admit I've given high ratings for games here depending on how horny they make me, after all.

Reactions: Devil669

Goi

Nov 18, 2017
I saw his other games are not free, didn't expect this game to go "Patreon = Beta" approach. So there's not even "Early Access" aspect?
Then I don't see why one need to complain "we don't get current patreon version", as you won't miss anything.
Not a Beta tester myself.
sort of early access since we do get it a week or two(and you don't have to talk to sierra about what going on with it ) before but yeah is more Beta version in that much more closer to in progress things(Like previous bulid aka end of that section rush still had some placeholder values or the ship being damaged switch never got used in 59.0 despite that being why it was made in the 58 version update so got included later) or how the trin calculation in the update before got more stuff added to it because it made sense and people brought the ideas up in the patron comments

though calling it beta is better fit I think since it basically is early version of update where balance is not guaranteed to be final or there might be content blocking bug added in(like 59 version had a one that kind of blocked chapter 3 stuff with the new chapter 5 because it happens in the same area)

Sierra does very often say in some cases because some updates are more beta like than other so some get a you want to keep a save before this or a you may want to wait to play if you only want to play though it once(basically the same thing that every outcome where content form one event is split over multiple updates by being too large where you are advised to keep a save before this because balance is not final till event is fully done

but yeah if you want to only experience the update once and in their most complete form it is best to wait for the public version

and yeah the rules vary some what by game but in TLS case it always was free public release so will remain free

yeah the patron is a kind of does a bunch of things which can be see if people care on it, one of the main ones is a this is what she has been up to every Sunday(be it TLS stuff, OEA stuff, or other stuff), but yeah I have to agree that I see no reason for where is the current patron version because very rarely does noting get changed(either making content easier or harder) or even some times more content is added during the point updates during the patron time with it

Reactions: nackedsnake

Delta 6

Jul 9, 2017
I am currently on the Incubus was part of the game, is there anyway to destroy the defense nodes on the Lord of Blood island, or is it still bug?

1647880702754.png

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
I am currently on the Incubus was part of the game, is there anyway to destroy the defense nodes on the Lord of Blood island, or is it still bug?
The defense nodes are a direct action of your choices up to that point.

The items are generally not worth it, in my opinion. The sublime gear is still optimal for most scenarios.

Reactions: Delta 6

Delta 6

Jul 9, 2017
The items are generally not worth it, in my opinion. The sublime gear is still optimal for most scenarios.
I agree, sublime gears are better. Just trying to be a completionist. haha.
But reading the walkthrough, it does seems like the thing bug at the moment.

MidnightKing

Jun 27, 2017
Without spoiling too much, anyone know who the two new harem members are? I'm more than a few versions behind since my last playthrough, kind of curious.

I'm assuming one is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
based on a spoiler I read, though I know nothing surrounding that so who knows. No idea who the other is beyond some possible guesses.

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
Without spoiling too much, anyone know who the two new harem members are? I'm more than a few versions behind since my last playthrough, kind of curious.

I'm assuming one is
based on a spoiler I read, though I know nothing surrounding that so who knows. No idea who the other is beyond some possible guesses.
For the love of god, I hope that the elven goddess also joins the harem one day....or at least gets one sex scene :)

4.50 star(s) 180 Votes