Unity The Legend of the Spirit Orbs [v1.6.0] [BabusGames]

3.80 star(s) 16 Votes

Samǣl

Jun 7, 2018
Huh. Not bad, simplistic but not bad at all, I will be waiting for the next updates to come.

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
So i played it, using the real sounds is going to cause issues. also why didn't you include a full clear bonus?

Samǣl

Jun 7, 2018
Looks really interesting. Also nice change that Zelda is a girl in this one.
Zelda should be the girl in every Zelda game, because Zelda is the princess and a girl. Link is
the male which most seem to get muddled even some die hard game players
:ROFLMAO:

Oct 16, 2017
It started as a little experiment, so I'm still waiting to see what kind of shape does it take. I'd like to tweak the core mechanics to make it a really addictive, combo-flashy game with cool upgrades and stuff. Also, I think it's a priority to add narrative elements that give the sex scenes a lot more weight. For the moment I'm having a lot of fun developing it, so I'm sure I'll get to these points sometime. My only big concern is that it attracts enough people to my patreon page. I'm currently living out of it, so I can't afford to lose patrons.
I can certainly understand how gaining more Patreon Subscribers would be a priority for you but I think, even with a placeholder synopsis/plot, it would make the game more interesting for people, and possibly attract more Patreon Subscribers to your Patreon page, too. Many people won't even give a game a second look if it hasn't been developed for some time, or it doesn't have a lot of content.

So investing 30 minutes, or even as little as 10 minutes or less, into writing about the game's plot, features, etc, would help your chances of not only having the game put on people's watch list, but also quite possibly gaining more subscribers on Patreon.

Babus

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2018
So i played it, using the real sounds is going to cause issues. also why didn't you include a full clear bonus?
Probably I'll have to replace them at some point. But well, I'll try to survive it when it comes.
The full clear bonus is a thing I have on the (still very inmature) roadmap of the game.

I can certainly understand how gaining more Patreon Subscribers would be a priority for you but I think, even with a placeholder synopsis/plot, it would make the game more interesting for people, and possibly attract more Patreon Subscribers to your Patreon page, too. Many people won't even give a game a second look if it hasn't been developed for some time, or it doesn't have a lot of content.

So investing 30 minutes, or even as little as 10 minutes or less, into writing about the game's plot, features, etc, would help your chances of not only having the game put on people's watch list, but also quite possibly gaining more subscribers on Patreon.
Hmm, are you talking about writing a post about the narrative of the game or something like that? Because implementing narrative elements sure isn't a 30 minute task. Not only you have to write the script (that's the easies part probably), but implement it and create a lot of assets to support it (character portraits, UI elements, etc.).

Then again, you're right that plot is just too important to just forget about it. I guess it's my #1 task to work on in this game.

Reactions: MyWifeHaHa and Amte
Oct 16, 2017
Hmm, are you talking about writing a post about the narrative of the game or something like that? Because implementing narrative elements sure isn't a 30-minute task. Not only you have to write the script (that's the easiest part probably), but implement it and create a lot of assets to support it (character portraits, UI elements, etc.).

Then again, you're right that plot is just too important to just forget about it. I guess it's my #1 task to work on in this game.
I meant something like this: (keep in mind I haven't actually played the game, and I know nothing about it other than what the screenshots here show.)

In the world of Zelda: Spirit Orbs you'll get to play as everyone's favorite princess, help her reach her goal by defeating her enemies and opposition, whatever or whoever stands in her way will not do so for long unless you decide to go down the path of debauchery and corruption!

In this game, you'll have the opportunity to build your character the way you prefer her, be that a full tank build or an easy target for your enemies to defeat, the choice of how you spend your skill points is completely up to you.
The world in which Zelda finds herself is vast, and filled with many a foe and hinder to conquer on her way to saving Link.

The game will have h-scenes for defeat, as well as some bad-ends for more major enemies such as bosses, or major plot-related characters should you be defeated or become too corrupted.

You know, tell people about your game, what they'll find in your game's world, what kind of hindrances and situations the MC will find themselves in, what kind of plot and what the objective of the game is.
Explain about the current features, as well as planned future features so people get more excited about your game.
Treat the Overview to the game similarly to that of your bio page on a dating website, where you write about yourself in a way that would hopefully attract people to you.
That's what I'm talking about.

Jul 31, 2018
I have a little constructive criticism. Not sure if this style will be the whole game or not though so maybe it will be irrelevant.

1. I think there aren't enough distinct symbols. (For example there are a lot of symbols with variations of eye like symbols that make it difficult to determine what they are on a time limit.)
2. I think the symbols are too close to one another and not big enough. (many times i've meant to click on one symbol to accidentally click on another one because my cursor felt like it got stuck. I know it wasn't really stuck it was just time crunch caused me to click before it was on the correct symbol.)
3. Losing emeralds AND time when clciking the wrong symbol is a little harsh. (If that's what is happening and I think it is.)

Other than those things I enjoy the art and the concept very much. Maybe difficulty settings or something to that effect where there were less symbols to hunt through or you only needed to get fewer symbols to get the reward would help.
This could all be chalked up to me having terrible eyesight, but I feel like it's a little difficult. Thank you for putting your game on here though it means a lot and I hope you are successful. The game has a lot of potential to be a fun puzzle H - game.

Amariithynar

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I was thinking about "Legend of the Spirit Orbs" after ThunderRob's advice, or something among the lines.

To be honest I prefer long haired Zelda too. But, as a developer, it's so much easier to work with short hair. I have to thank Nintendo on that one lol.
Throwing in another vote for long-haired Zelda, but it's understandable if you'd rather not because of it being a hassle.

I also concur with ThunderRob, and think that "Legend of the Spirit Orbs" is vague enough to satisfy copyright dissimilarity while retaining enough for people to understand the Link all too easily.

This is why I will forever hate Disney, no matter if they produce decently enjoyable things. Copyright was originally as long as it was so the original creator could profit off of it for a reasonable amount of time, then anyone else could iterate upon it to fill any voids in content that the original creator missed or refused to develop for. And now we have *life of the creator plus 70 years* (and it's likely going to get increased YET AGAIN) all because they lobbied the gov't as hard as they did, and the gov't took the bribes, instead of refusing.

Reactions: rKnight

acewinz

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2018
Man, Zelda has a cameltoe you would need a bridge to cross lol.

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Ooh, neato :0
Gon' put a watch on dis.
Deffo parroting the others on the title.
Nintendo is infamous for destroying decades of hard work in an instant.
AM2R for example, could'a put it on the switch, they fucking got Skyrim in it, but nooooooo~
Fucking outdated and disgusting sense of pride they have, bitch you made Other M, Prime Chibis and Metroid 2: Garbage Spammer. Eat shit, take it like a man and do what a better(but not good) company like Sega or Capcom do and actively endorse it.

Last edited:

Muramasa0

Thicc thighs for breakfast
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
I honestly support the divertisty of engines we have nowdays, that allows more people to develop more games, so we all win! That said, Unity doesn't deserve to even exist, is such a shame how many good ideas drowns themselves because of this awful "engine".

Reactions: Amariithynar

kratoscar2008

Sep 28, 2018
Art looks really great and you play as Link which is cool (Im sure some will ask for Ganon, hope you ignore them).
May i ask who are going to be the other 2? Would love it to be Cia and maybe the fit red woman.

Reactions: Norbertossauro
3.80 star(s) 16 Votes