Unity The Legend of the Spirit Orbs [v1.6.0] [BabusGames]

3.80 star(s) 16 Votes

JJATH

May 2, 2017
I think it was a complete waste of time to do those puzzles just for that amount of content that there was. I finished it in about 20 minutes. Wasn't worth it.

Reactions: {0__0} and Guz89

HentaiHoarder

Jun 19, 2017
Really nice to see a game that's early in development but still has a bit of content to it for the first release. Will the secret characters only be from BotW or is there a chance a character from the other games might be included? Really hoping we might see Cia

SarkenHS

Jun 29, 2017
Loogs good overall, I'll wait a bit more because most people already commented of what I was thinking.
As for Big N, by default, ANY FAN PROJET is illegal. Yes, ANYTHING. And no, you can't even ask them: asking them, no matter for what kind of fan project, even free ones, will result in an automatic refusal without any way to cooperate with them (it's written as in in their confidentiality politics)
A lot of games were shut down like that after years of work (a certain P*ké Uranium for instance...)

Anyway, keep up the goodwork, waiting for updates!

simsalabim

Apr 29, 2017
I honestly support the divertisty of engines we have nowdays, that allows more people to develop more games, so we all win! That said, Unity doesn't deserve to even exist, is such a shame how many good ideas drowns themselves because of this awful "engine".
Nothing to do with the engine. Just developers who don't know how to use it.

Cuphead
Hearthstone
Cities: Skylines
Wasteland 2
Kerbal Space Program.
Subnautica
Hollow Knight

Risk Of Rain 2

Just examples of good Unity games. Nothing wrong with them - at least not because of Unity.

Babus

Game Developer
Sep 11, 2018
'Based on' as in completely reused, right?
Kinda but not exactly. I didn't copy paste or trace over any of that doujin art. Instead I studied the anatomic proportions, the facial expressions and the stylistic devices that the author used to expand from there. So there are some scenes that are almost identical to the doujin's, but I also was able to add my own scenes using the artist's style.

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
So i enjoyed how the game is, the art and the animations were good, but damn i got frustrated with that freaking orb game cause of some of the images were almost identical would cause me to lose. But in overall the game is decent has it is.

Reactions: Guz89

lordlundar

Sep 30, 2017
For those complaining about the orb game, consider this: Earlier versions had more orbs (a 6x7 grid as opposed to the 5x6 grid this has), a single goal of 13 orbs to get with a straight 1 minute time limit and the orbs didn't get removed after getting it right. So yes, this IS a toned down version of the game.

Reactions: Amariithynar

Muramasa0

Thicc thighs for breakfast
Donor
Jun 25, 2018
The game works perfectly fine, I don't know why people feel the need to whine in every thread for a Unity game when it has zero bearing on the gameplay.

I'll take a Unity game any day over another cookie cutter Ren'py or RPGM game.
Because Unity doesn'w work well, and mostly doesn't work at all, on machines without dedicated graphic card. The content of the game is irrelevant for my point, and while I can run Ren'py or RPGM games regardless of the content, I can't run Unity games without issues (that's when I'm able to run it to begin with).

Nothing to do with the engine. Just developers who don't know how to use it.

[...]

Just examples of good Unity games. Nothing wrong with them - at least not because of Unity.
As I said before, the content of the game doesn't matter if the engine is so shitty and trashy that you can't even open the game at all.

Reactions: Amariithynar

Ariyuki

Nov 30, 2017
I developed a lot of time with Unity with no issue. It's a great engine, and this game on renpy/rpgmaker will be a pain in the ass, don't blame it for this, it's the best choice.

Also for the game, yes, the symbols are very bad selected, yes are the symbols of zelda, but they are so similar that the eye can't see it quickly. You need to make symbols very different, or, adding colour.

In the future, considerate about make the character strip in the orb game, it will be two rewards in one (One meanwhile the orbplay, and the other on the success) and will be less frustrating losing the game. Also don't make mistakes with time and gems, use only the time.

nineball

Aug 7, 2017
love the art but holy fuck lose the look-alike orbs. i wanna back they game but i cant give money to something isnt fun

3.80 star(s) 16 Votes