Others Abandoned The Legend of Versyl 2 [v0.44] [Kravenar Games]

samsoe

Sep 16, 2018
there is no sleep fuction (not yet?)
the person icon is appeare in some room but when u go there. the person not exist

Good graphic. i hope the strory line better than part 1, or atleast same

NightShadeX

May 11, 2017
the animation in versyl was not friendly at all. If the developers had focus on art images instead, it would have been a great game and save a lot time in rendering. I hope this game is gonna be the milk machine for them.

james2rose

Jun 21, 2017
i get a lot of errors after is says your ~journey begins ~ and it freezes. what is wrong with the game.

Can anyone share the CG of this game?

Jul 29, 2018
Actually the main plot ended, everything that was out of the main plot was just "spicy things" asked from people, and all the side quests were completed. What came to an abrupt end? :)
In TLOV 1:

1. The guy who's there to educate your kids never actually does anything; still says it'll be implemented later.
2. Not everyone who has "not pregnant" on their profile can actually be impregnated. For that matter, there are a lot of empty beds in the hospital, implying originally it was intended that a lot more could be impregnated...
3. You pick your queen of the realm of the dead, and then she doesn't do anything. You pick Dessa, for example, and she sends you on a quest... Which goes nowhere, because you can't access the library at that time.
4. Can't impregnate Veronika except via blackmail.
5. You can get two sisters to live in your basement if you find them; but then they're invisible/don't actually live there afterward, implying they were forgotten as characters.
6. Multiple characters, when pregnant, still appear not to be pregnant in various cut-scenes (watching them masturbate, for example).

That's a start. It was still a fun game for what it was. Just ended with some dead ends in there.

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
In TLOV 1:

1. The guy who's there to educate your kids never actually does anything; still says it'll be implemented later.
2. Not everyone who has "not pregnant" on their profile can actually be impregnated. For that matter, there are a lot of empty beds in the hospital, implying originally it was intended that a lot more could be impregnated...
3. You pick your queen of the realm of the dead, and then she doesn't do anything. You pick Dessa, for example, and she sends you on a quest... Which goes nowhere, because you can't access the library at that time.
4. Can't impregnate Veronika except via blackmail.
5. You can get two sisters to live in your basement if you find them; but then they're invisible/don't actually live there afterward, implying they were forgotten as characters.
6. Multiple characters, when pregnant, still appear not to be pregnant in various cut-scenes (watching them masturbate, for example).

That's a start. It was still a fun game for what it was. Just ended with some dead ends in there.
Because we almost reached all the switch \ variables slot avaiable in RPG Maker MV, plus, we wanted to add more cool features like single stories for all the npc... but Yanfly Plugins made the game unstable > we started to add more things but experience bugs too > tons of people quitted > the team broke up (a special thanks from my heart to all quitting people for that - That's irony of course) -> We didn't have the budget to recruit people that could re-code the plugins for RMV and de-compile and edit the engine to give us the opportunity to have more switches and variables because with the mass-loss of supporters, we lost people from the team too.

How we started The Legend of Versyl 2:
After getting tons of quits (but people still kept supporting dead projects instead of us - only God know why), getting 3 games wasn't cool for people, they left no-matter-what from The Circle > we took back TLOV1 on our page. We kept up the development trying to add things, but for a single new thing added a new bug was coming out (special thanks to YanFly and his plugins for the missing professionality in coding shit).
In the meantime VegetaSama rented a rendering farm server and took the lead of The Circle, pointing everything to a new project: The Caretaker, he gave us the access to the server too, so ONLY THANKS to VegetaSama (that is actually paying the rent), we were able to change engine and bring out a fresh new quality.
While the tons of fixed bugs on TLOV1 were made thanks to our coder and VegetaSama that were working together, of course VegetaSama didn't want to continue in helping us with Versyl 1, so the only way was choose to progress the saga since the Main Plot was over under a fresh new engine. Now, coding a new game in a new engine\language was pretty difficult, and after a full night in recruitment of a professional coder (they asked 1k per month while we barely reach a total of 700$), we decided no-matter-what to point everything on our actual coder (venom88) that (thanks god) wanted to invest her time and make the v0.1 come out. -> it came out with a single bug, fixed in the upcoming version. What we found out is that the new engine has no limits, so it is planned to add tons of features and content for TLOV2. And if you read everything here until this point, you could have some ideas about what we've been through, how we risked to close the "Kravenar Games" and how we decided to stay united and fight nowadays.

Darting run

Jan 11, 2018
Moved. His story telling is just fine as always. Now NPCs are hotter and they have their background stories so u can feel attached to them. Nice direction.

I think stopping the first version is reasonable. I just cannot enjoy that kind of animation anymore. Leaving something half baked is bad, but still better than sticking to the bad direction.

Re-4Andrew

Aug 4, 2017
I think stopping the first version is reasonable. I just cannot enjoy that kind of animation anymore. Leaving something half baked is bad, but still better than sticking to the bad direction.
I agree with finishing or trying to rework the first game. I've seen a number of RPGM games that you can create into something that isn't the standard RPGM games you find on F95. Threads-Of-Destiny is an example of that, but I don't know nor can I read the minds of devs to know what they were trying to accomplish in Versyl.

Having said all that I also went through the first Versyl thread and it seems the devs weren't happy or couldn't get what they wanted out of RPGM which I find some what difficult to believe. (also keeping in mind you have to have plugins written to accomplish somethings your not going to get using certain plugins, or course it costs money)

I also found it funny that people donating, bitched and whined about Kravenar games for a number of things, but would support other games that ended up abandoned or had little in the way of updates. At least the first game got completed and there's a sequel that hopefully gets enough support to also end up completed.

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
Yeah, javascripts plugins, problem was not that. We coded our plugins too and injected them in the game.
The problem was that assignable Switches\Variables were limited by the engine, with all plugins of the world it was almost impossible to break that limit or to create the conditions we wanted to trigger a specified event, and when we tried to re-create all days of the year (in example), the game died in an infinite lag so we had to re-design all maps in smaller locations (Special thanks to Kadokawa to create a shit-html5-exporter for that). With the new engine, we are free declare the variables we like, from 1 to infinite number of them with no lag at all. So we can even use variables as switches to create custom conditions. Plus, we can use single scene-files to create our custom functions to trigger custom event. From last tests for November release, we've almost been able to re-create a combat system from the scratch (of course, all hand-crafted). There is no way in the world to compare Rpg Maker to the new Engine, that is GUI based, but we prefer to have the freedom to bypass the gui writing directly the code for our custom things. :D
About the "power to read our minds", we were aiming to achieve something cool like Final Fantasy, and we've been able to inject many things, even a pregnancy system... but with that shit-engine, more features meant more lags\instability. :(

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
@Kravenar Games while I personally think the old style had its charm, I am more than happy with the switch (gets old after a while :S ) although I do have one question about tlov 1. what was with the art on the titlescreen? when I first downloaded the game I was expecting the cgs to be like that but was surprised when it was 3d animations.

this be the art I am referring to:

upload_2018-11-1_9-15-22.png

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
@Kravenar Games while I personally think the old style had its charm, I am more than happy with the switch (gets old after a while :S ) although I do have one question about tlov 1. what was with the art on the titlescreen? when I first downloaded the game I was expecting the cgs to be like that but was surprised when it was 3d animations.

this be the art I am referring to:

View attachment 170997
The artist that left us when seen that people were not loyal subscribers. :)
He was pissed off and went away saying "I'm not gonna invest my time if it will be not a safe thing. I can't trust this kind of job." boom, quitted. We got another one then that aimed to 3D.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
The artist that left us when seen that people were not loyal subscribers. :)
He was pissed off and went away saying "I'm not gonna invest my time if it will be not a safe thing. I can't trust this kind of job." boom, quitted. We got another one then that aimed to 3D.
fair enough then

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So is this an RPG or not?

The first was and I enjoyed it but this looks completely different, not sure what it's supposed to be.

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
It's an hybrid novel\rpg. We're trying to create something totally different compared to what's out there.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
So what is there to do? Seems like stuck in a rut of cook food, train and fap, lol....