Others Abandoned The Legend of Versyl 2 [v0.44] [Kravenar Games]

Revan84

Aug 13, 2018
1 - did you have a fresh start?
2 - can you share your savefile?
If by fresh start you mean start a new game, I did not (Going to right now :p )
Here's the save that has the issue:

EDIT: Finally found the issue. Afer the first training with Reiko I generally use the sleep function to skip the night hours, but that apparently breaks progress. This time I just used the wait option several times and now I got the proper event after training 3 times. I didn't realize sleeping instead of waiting would break the chain ( I doubt it is intentional at all). So mystery solved, now let's see where the story goes given that what I've played 4 times so far is right up my alley, haha.
EDIT2: Right after the cutscene i was supposed to get I get the hint to sleep in my room and yet again it triggers nothing. Please tell me I didn't mess up again?

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
If by fresh start you mean start a new game, I did not (Going to right now :p )
Here's the save that has the issue:

EDIT: Finally found the issue. Afer the first training with Reiko I generally use the sleep function to skip the night hours, but that apparently breaks progress. This time I just used the wait option several times and now I got the proper event after training 3 times. I didn't realize sleeping instead of waiting would break the chain ( I doubt it is intentional at all). So mystery solved, now let's see where the story goes given that what I've played 4 times so far is right up my alley, haha.
EDIT2: Right after the cutscene i was supposed to get I get the hint to sleep in my room and yet again it triggers nothing. Please tell me I didn't mess up again?
Wait. This is totally confusing me. Sleeping will break the Reiko training cycles? O_O
Tell me exactly the actions you did, so I'll reproduce it and find how the bug happens and commit a fix. Because doing exactly what the question mark says, it's progressing for me. But probably my devs already fixed it in last build... So, please, go on and tell me.

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
Its nice if a game has a propper story, then i don't even care if the resolution is not that good but its pretty annoying if you can't even put the game on fullscreen.

And no ALT+ENTER does not work.

Edit:
So basically the content so far is: sleep, talking to an android, making food, getting a short peek on the redhead, training with the purple haired chick, getting a cutscene and pressing a ? button that always tells you to go to sleep (which it already did before you train with the purple haired chick). Not to forget the icons for the girls that show them in rooms, but the girls are pretty often not even there.

Sorry, but if someone says that they are more into developing story instead of quality renders and stuff, then i'll expect a bit more than what we've got so far. Maybe there will be more interesting content in the future but so far its nothing more than boring content with always repeating events and repeating one line dialogs.

Revan84

Aug 13, 2018
Wait. This is totally confusing me. Sleeping will break the Reiko training cycles? O_O
Tell me exactly the actions you did, so I'll reproduce it and find how the bug happens and commit a fix. Because doing exactly what the question mark says, it's progressing for me. But probably my devs already fixed it in last build... So, please, go on and tell me.
Problem for me was (and is) that question mark tells me to train, but as soon as I sleep once (time doesn't seem to matter) the hint changes to 'go sleep in your room'. After that the hint remains go to sleep even when I meet the criteria for the next cuts ene which never triggers.

And on the playthrough where I didn't sleep for 3 days, as soon as I trained 3 times and got the next scene the question mark once again reverts to the sleeping hint directly after the conversation ends, meaning I'm stuck again since sleeping still doesn't trigger anything.

If it helps I'll run one more where I log exactly what I do and click.

scorpioseason

Feb 22, 2019
Wow TLOV2 is horrible. What happened? Waste of a download. UI is poor compared to TLOV. Also, the game just keeps telling me to go sleep in my room. Done that. Still tells me to sleep in my room. Did it again. Did it for a week straight. Then tried going through each hour of the day on each day. Still tells me to go sleep in my room with the same encounters/dialogue over and over.
Shows either Rasiya or Reiko in a room and it's empty. Shows no one in a room and they're there.
Stumped here after dream.
Going to delete the game.

George Halstead

Oct 1, 2017
Friends i think i read that the Dev was working with a new game engine and we should probably expect some rough bumps during the feeling it out process.

Reactions: Darting run

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
Nice to se it didn't get updated in a life. This is the new and actual developed version:

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
So does this mean the 3D game will no longer be updated?
Cutscenes and characters, if you played the new version, you can see it's in 3D. the background and the environment are 3D to 2D ported. We've done this because tons of people left because "no I hate the visual novel style and bla bla bla", so we've done a step back and came out with this hybrid style. We could keep developing the 3D version, of course, if the 10% of people who showed interest in the game have supported us. But unfortunately, we can't go for expensive routes nowadays. :)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I can understand people backing off.

The first game was an RPG and then the sequel was, what, a VN type thing?

I love RPG's and thought the sequel would be too.

It's pulling in players with one genre and switching to another while expecting to keep those fans. Imagine a game having one genre, let's take Diablo it's pretty famous, people know it for what it is. Imagine taking a well known franchise like Diablo and say ... making it into a mobile game. It would be ludicrous, who in their right mind would pull shit like that?

• Haha
Reactions: Barabash

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
Many would call it bait and switch. Bait them in and then change it and hope they'll stay and not go I didn't pay for this I payed for a RPG sequel. I for one haven't even bothered touching the sequel.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017

It's pulling in players with one genre and switching to another while expecting to keep those fans. Imagine a game having one genre, let's take Diablo it's pretty famous, people know it for what it is. Imagine taking a well known franchise like Diablo and say ... making it into a mobile game. It would be ludicrous, who in their right mind would pull shit like that?
Blizzard Activision did that.... and got asked if it was an April fools joke...

• Haha
Reactions: Barabash

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017

Many would call it bait and switch. Bait them in and then change it and hope they'll stay and not go I didn't pay for this I payed for a RPG sequel. I for one haven't even bothered touching the sequel.
Nice to see people talking without knowing anything.
We made a poll asking what kind of game they wanted. Everyone went for VN, then said back after that they preferred RPG.
"Many would call it bait and switch." > No, we asked what they wanted, but in the end it showed that people don't really know what they want. ;)

Reactions: Revan84

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@Kravenar Games

Polls should only be used for non essential shit like clothing and things like that and never ever let them vote on fucking major shit that can make or break you as 99.999999999% of the time your just going to fuck yourself in the ass or shoot yourself in the foot or both.

Reactions: Kravenar Games

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Nice to see people talking without knowing anything.
I could say the same to you.

I never asked for a VN and I stand by my original comment. I played the first which was an RPG and thought the second would be the same.

What other people wanted is irrelevant to my personal tastes. I prefer RPG's, VN's tend to bore me.

You show me where 100% of the first games player base asked for a VN because I don't believe that for a second. I've no doubt a vocal group did, there is a section on here that hate RPG's because games are hard, they even need a walkthrough to pick between 2 or 3 choices, but they aren't everybody.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I could say the same to you.

I never asked for a VN and I stand by my original comment. I played the first which was an RPG and thought the second would be the same.

What other people wanted is irrelevant to my personal tastes. I prefer RPG's, VN's tend to bore me.

You show me where 100% of the first games player base asked for a VN because I don't believe that for a second. I've no doubt a vocal group did, there is a section on here that hate RPG's because games are hard, they even need a walkthrough to pick between 2 or 3 choices, but they aren't everybody.
Well, some people like it simple with their picture books and then the grown ups like more of a challenge :p j/k

Reactions: Kravenar Games