HTML Abandoned The Lewd House: The Summer Of Sexy-time [v17.12.10] [Elerneron]

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
It's not closed. Jemini is still working on it; just very slowly . . . but whatever *shrugs*.
I'm aware Jemini is still working on it, between education and other real-life matters, which is perfectly fine, I just believe it would be doing a lot better if the game was opened up to the public. I was the one that suggested Jemini start using git to manage the project in the first place, rather than using dropbox. The next step would be to make it a proper open source project, so people can come and go casually, and the project leader can merge whatever they want from other people's forks of the project, and the public can build the latest from git and keep tabs on progress. I believe this would help the project gain some momentum. Right now it's just a little bit too obscure and with so few working on it, it tends to stagnate when lives get busy.

Reactions: John Doe Jr.

lubu343

Mar 24, 2018
Anyone else notice how once you take on the task to make dinner that when one of the older sisters shows up, the ditzy one, that you can't advance?

Safetydummy

Jan 18, 2018
There are 3 zip files that you DL- are they supposed to be opened into separate folders or do you just dump everything into one folder?

Luckzor

May 2, 2017
Well, the game is abandoned now or still working? Because i don't see updates links and i can't find that Jemini to see how advanced is the game.

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
It is still being worked on, if sporadically, there is a thread on allthefallen for the game, development is now being handled by Gemini and assisted by lockrobster and others.

Stay Frosty

Jul 17, 2017
It is still being worked on, if sporadically, there is a thread on allthefallen for the game, development is now being handled by Gemini and assisted by lockrobster and others.
Link to an updated version can be found here.

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
Link to an updated version can be found here.
Well, being as that "updates link" is to a version that is a year old, I understand the question. As I stated, the game is not dead or abandoned, just developer writers block, new content is being created but the people working on have daily lives and jobs so the work is slow and gets done as pressures allow.

Stay Frosty

Jul 17, 2017
Well, being as that "updates link" is to a version that is a year old, I understand the question. As I stated, the game is not dead or abandoned, just developer writers block, new content is being created but the people working on have daily lives and jobs so the work is slow and gets done as pressures allow.
Didn't realize something released in February is a year old, but okay.

Reactions: bacchusplateau

bacchusplateau

May 23, 2017
Didn't realize something released in February is a year old, but okay.
Thanks for clearing that up. I was thinking, "Now I'm sure that there is at least one version that is less than a year old," and I was going to post it, but it seems like you have the most recent. Cheers!

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
Umm...are we not looking at @kame cocky's post? The post that you quoted is from February 6th, 2018. I agree, the OP hasn't been updated, but the link kame gave us is less than a year old.
Sorry, I did not follow the right link, that is the latest and it is 6 months old. There is not much gameplay available yet, though I do hope that there will be another release in the not too distant future. I am the one who keeps telling people the the game is not abandoned as the tag suggests. I am hoping a mod will fix that at some point. Again I apologize for my earlier mistaken post.

3xpurt

Feb 25, 2017
Sorry, I did not follow the right link, that is the latest and it is 6 months old. There is not much gameplay available yet, though I do hope that there will be another release in the not too distant future. I am the one who keeps telling people the the game is not abandoned as the tag suggests. I am hoping a mod will fix that at some point. Again I apologize for my earlier mistaken post.
It's as good as being abandoned. There were some very minor additions that really added some basic interactions to Lynn's wrestling plot-line about 6 months ago, plus some bug fixes, then the last update 7 months before that. If they are going to keep it as one part-time dev, adding a few lines to one character every 6+ months, then it the game is going to take decades to finish, and drift off into obscurity. It needs to be open-source, so other devs can come and go, adding content and art to the game, there are a lot of talented people out there that I'm sure would be willing to help code and add content. You only need to look at popular games like GL ECV or PregMod for FC, which are both open source, and have a huge following, and content updated daily. While it might not end up as popular as those, it can't get any worse at this stage.

Futuredark

Mar 7, 2017
I am the one who keeps telling people the the game is not abandoned as the tag suggests. I am hoping a mod will fix that at some point.
I don't want to throw a wet towel on that optimism, and I hope I'm wrong, because it would be fantastic to see more, but Elernon has a long history of pitching really exciting game ideas, producing a very basic intro, and then dropping development altogether. Like the better part of a decade and at least 4 projects long.

Reactions: porcupyne13

SomeDamnedDude

Apr 8, 2018
I don't want to throw a wet towel on that optimism, and I hope I'm wrong, because it would be fantastic to see more, but Elernon has a long history of pitching really exciting game ideas, producing a very basic intro, and then dropping development altogether. Like the better part of a decade and at least 4 projects long.
As posted, Elernon is only associated with this project at this point, Gemini and Lockrobster are working on it, though it is backburnered at the moment, they both say that it is not dead, I am hopeful that the project continues.

porcupyne13

May 26, 2017
agreed. see post #8 from last year by Elerneron himself.

3.00 star(s) 4 Votes