DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
Do you read the end of a book first or watch the end of a movie first? It's the same thing here just more interactive.
At least those are already complete when you start, so you know what you can expect, you don't have to wait months or years to fid out it got new content that you were never warned of after being invested and waiting for new content, the dev being vague on purpose with answers to very serious questions is not the right way to go about it, as the questions are about future content that players could hate.

Listing future tags should be mandatory for games with dark themes, and they should be explained in detail too, so people know what they're getting into before they can get invested in the story.

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
At least those are already complete when you start, so you know what you can expect, you don't have to wait months or years to fid out it got new content that you were never warned of after being invested and waiting for new content, the dev being vague on purpose with answers to very serious questions is not the right way to go about it, as the questions are about future content that players could hate.

Listing future tags should be mandatory for games with dark themes, and they should be explained in detail too, so people know what they're getting into before they can get invested in the story.
Yeah, I'm sure a lot of devs wanna spoil their stories in detail right from the start.

If it's that much of a problem for you, just wait until it's finished and check it then.

tatters

Jul 25, 2018
Looks like its going be a good game but its too early too tell so ill wait for a couple of updates before playing it again so it will have a nice chuck of content to see if it will or will not be good.

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Deleted member 4865569

Apr 26, 2022
A harem tracker is built into the game so as you meet a character officially you will know if they can or can not be part of the Harem.

You will not see any LI raped in the game, there may be a few hard conversations but I will say once a character is in your harem they will not be raped by anyone.

Nope once a girl is in your harem officially they are with the MC and the MC only. Well maybe a scene or two with two LI at the same time with the MC, but never without him.

While I do consider a harem not a reality in most cases, that is not what I am referencing here at all. I will not say anything further about this until after chapter 3.

A potential LI has this discussion in chapter 1 with the MC. So if that is not for you, you can pass on her or skip the game.
i will skip her and pass the game FOR NOW but overall it don't sound that bad.

I will lurk the thread until furthur notice, good LUCK DEV.

gone wait for more updates till i make a decision

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Call me impressed. A very good start. The girls are beautiful, and the MC looks great.
Diamonds reminds me of a California surfer girl, spunky, beautiful and sexy.
The story is believable and written well.
This was done right in my book.
Thanks Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Call me impressed. A very good start. The girls are beautiful, and the MC looks great.
Diamonds reminds me of a California surfer girl, spunky, beautiful and sexy.
The story is believable and written well.
This was done right in my book.
Thanks Uncle Loco
Thank you very much for the kind words. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story too.

• Hey there
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Well done, mate. It was an unique start for Chapter 1. Glad you were able to write out the complete story before working on VN's layout and graphic. Also glad to see you have few others to help advise you with few things and point out some suggestions. The graphic was well done for someone to learn from it on their own.

Looking forward for the future chapters.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
None of these bothers me. What bothers me is in the game you said your decisions have consequences. You made it confusing when it came to LI dying part. This is an absolute must I need to know Do I have to watch my love interests die?

Edit: I am guessing avoiding the red choices means I am safe :unsure:
:devilish: Please click on the red choices. :sneaky: Just kidding.

Kizma Buudi

Mar 16, 2021
I'm digging it so far! Maybe go a little lighter on the narrator stuff in future updates but they did bring a little bit of a fun element into the story. I can see some great plot twists coming that will require some new tags!

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Rob looks middle aged, but i'll give it a go

good luck uncle, please don't molest me
Yeah, it is hard to find good models that aren't overly used for men in Daz I did the best I could to make him look younger.

I'm digging it so far! Maybe go a little lighter on the narrator stuff in future updates but they did bring a little bit of a fun element into the story. I can see some great plot twists coming that will require some new tags!
I am glad to hear you like it so far.

In future updates, you will be able to skip the narrator stuff at the beginning and end of each chapter. For the first one, I made it longer to set things up for the players and to help level some expectations. That and used it to make fun of myself too. I also wanted players to meet Kelly as soon as possible since she is very important to the story and will not be officially introduced until chapter 5.

Also, new tags will be added to the story in the future. All 13 chapters for the game are written and just waiting on renders, animations, and coding.

Last edited:

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Thank you for the feedback, and for trying out my VN.

Any plans to add background music and sounds in future releases?
As of right now, I am not planning to add additional music beyond the game menu music. I got more feedback that people turn sounds off than keep them on which is why I went with the main menu music only for now. I may look into this more in the future if there is enough interest.

Some thoughts about the story:
Players like MC getting invited to an illegal $2,500 buy-in poker game, together with rich people, is pretty unrealistic.
He works a regular job and needed months to save that little money, so he's a low/micro-stakes player.
Why would high-stakes players meet up to play with him?
They don't give a shit about $2,500 and sometimes don't even show up for online tournaments they already paid for.
It's also very stupid to spend all your money on a single game (no winning player does this) and later on he even says he's not sure if he can make $250 in a week :ROFLMAO: for the next game.
I suggest making the buy-ins at least 20x as high and scrapping the part about MC possibly being unable to afford the next buy-in.
The numbers don't really make sense and you can even see later that MC is playing tables online with $25 big blinds(?), which is high-mid stakes.

Don't worry too much about the poker scene it was really to introduce Diamonds more than anything. Yes, I know the buy-in was low for some of the people there.

About choices:
2 choices (1 marked red, because it immediately leads to a Game Over) don't seem fun to me.
Not all red choices will be this harsh, some will have a more pleasant turnout.

About bugs:
You seem to have a scripting error in the choice whether or not to fuck Diamonds.
Choosing not to sets Dimonds_Harem to false - looking at the other code this probably needs to be Diamonds_Harem.
I will take a look at this to make sure it is right. (this is the one chance to add her to the harem though)

About image compression:
You seem to be using chroma subsampling.
This leads to very visible blocking artifacts on large single-colored surfaces with a slight gradients (like the wall in the poker room) and changes all colors.
Better to use a different image compression or making sure everything is textured.
Thanks, I will look into this further, still new to the whole process. I used software that was recommended by another Dev and it is possible I just missed a setting or something.

About videos:
Nonono! Better use images for now.
The videos don't even loop properly.
Yeah, I knew this was going to be a negative for some going into the release, and it is something I am working hard to improve going forward. Considering how much time I spent on those animations I was just not willing to scrap them completely for still images. Daz is still very new to me, and I know I made some mistakes along the way.

Again thank you very much for the feedback and for giving the story a try.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Good start. Besides the lack of ability to change the mc's name I have hopes for this. Best of luck and looking forward to more.
Valid point regarding to have option to change the MC's name. However that depends on the developer willing to give that an optional choice. If we change the MC name, we have to remember to use "MC" instead of the custom MC's name to save the confusing if we have to discuss it.

For me, most of the time I leave it be. There are some VN, I like to custom the MC's name. I am pretty much go either way, however it would be nice option.

WheresLucifer

Sep 1, 2018
Will there be an incest tag in future updates?
Well, not sure if you view chapter 1 closely. There will be no incest in there. It also had been repeated several times during the narrator comments. Also you will see why there will be no incest in the VN after checking chapter 1.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Sad
Reactions: wiwem71072
3.40 star(s) 21 Votes