VN Ren'Py The Loop [v0.01] [Professor Historian]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
banner.png

Overview:
The Loop is a story about a man who is trapped in a loop, and how it gives him the opportunity to find out how to seduce each of the women he will meet while trapped that night, and maybe, just maybe, at the end of it all, fall in love with the girl of his dream.​

Thread Updated: 2024-05-29
Release Date: 2024-05-29
Developer: Professor Historian -
Censored: No
Version: 0.01
Language: English
Other Games: Courtship: A Dance with Love
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux
: - - - -

loft_11.png bar_72.png bedroom_22.png coffee_10.png coffee_23.png
coffee_36.png coffee_88.png coffee_35.png loft_39.png bar_54.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Hello everyone,

This is a thread to talk about The Loop, an adult visual novel about a man who is stuck in a time loop I've been working on while I'm sick. L30 already made a great summary on another post. I'll add previews and special renders her from time to time and answer any questions you might have.

I'll start by answering this question:

Yes, she is one of the four main girls of the game. Her name is Abigail and she works at Got Coffee.
Thanks for replyin so quick, bro. Get well soon, or you'll have an over 6 foot sick dude comin round to beat yo ass. ;) :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
Good recovery.

This is a thread to talk about The Loop, an adult visual novel about a man who is stuck in a time loop I've been working on while I'm sick. L30 already made a great summary on another post. I'll add previews and special renders her from time to time and answer any questions you might have.
I think you made a mistake with the link for the summary. :unsure: I bet you wanted to link this.

Reactions: L30

Professor Historian

Game Developer
Sep 23, 2022
Good recovery.

I think you made a mistake with the link for the summary. :unsure: I bet you wanted to link this.
Thanks, good catch!

I forgot to ask, Professor Historian, what will the tags be and can we only romance one girl if the others don't float our boat?
I'm not sure about the tags yet, but it will be pretty standard stuff, just like Courtship. As for your second question, that's the beauty of the time loop; you can stick with just one girl and learn more and more about her during each loop!

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Thanks, good catch!

I'm not sure about the tags yet, but it will be pretty standard stuff, just like Courtship. As for your second question, that's the beauty of the time loop; you can stick with just one girl and learn more and more about her during each loop!

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Prof's work continues to be excellent. Here's the first official preview render for The Loop featuring Winter at the Café.

I'll likely continue to share image preview for now until more information on development becomes available at which point I may transition to sharing summaries of development related news and potentially image previews as well. That said, I do hope that everyone interested in the progress for The Loop enjoys this first official preview image for the title.

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone, excellent news on development progress for The Loop. Prof is closing in on 100 renders and has started posing for the first part of The Loop. An alpha build will likely be ready relatively soon. That said, I will not be sharing the alpha build here. My apologies, but I believe that the public would best be served by having access to builds that have undergone an appropriate level of fine-tuning and development rather than earlier W.I.P. builds.

For those looking for additional spoilers than what I share here, Prof also has plans to make the script available to Grande tier supporters and up. So for those curious about how the story is playing out but do not want to hazard the alpha builds, that will be another option for an early preview of the story and characters. In other news, a new character has been showcased recently in a preview render. Anna is her name and she is Winter's best friend. Anna has been described as the Gretchen to Winter's Regina for those familiar with said characters from a certain movie about a particular clique. For those curious about what she looks like, the preview render will be in the following spoiler.

I do hope that everyone interested in spoilers and update news for The Loop find this information helpful.

EDIT 21-2-2024 (February 21, 2024):

Hello everyone, I'm back again to share the latest development news for The Loop. Normally, I'd make a new post, but I'm merging this information with my prior post to avoid double-posting. The first alpha build for The Loop was successfully released almost two weeks ago now. Personally, I did enjoy my time with it as the alpha did provide glimpses into the personalities of the characters that could be interacted with as well as established the starting point for the main character to grow from as a person.

The first alpha build covers the events at The Café and ends with the protagonist leaving for the second location of the evening/night, The Dive Bar. Speaking of The Dive Bar, Prof has been writing the script for the events at the bar as well as creating the renders for said location and the new characters that will be encountered there. One of the new characters will be Mallory, a barmaid who works at The Dive Bar. For those curious about what she looks like, just check the following spoiler.

Other than work on The Dive Bar, Prof has also shown a preview of a future side character, Stephanie. She has a more unique look as she has heavy freckles. For those who would like to see what Stephanie looks like, her preview will be included in the following spoiler as always.

Finally, Winter was the winner of the Winter-Juniper lingerie render poll. So here's the lingerie render for Winter for those who want to see said render.

I do hope that everyone interested in spoilers and update news for The Loop find this additional information useful.

Last edited:

L30

Dec 20, 2017
Hello everyone, I have been adding information to my prior post to avoid double posting. However, the news I bring today seems noteworthy enough to make a new post despite this resulting in double posting. If you haven't checked back here in some time, it may be worth seeing the edits I made to my last post for development news and shared renders and previews.

Today's news comes from this on Patreon. In summary, an ongoing source of stress in Prof's personal life is close to being resolved. Having to deal with this issue has caused this past month (February) to be rather stressful, but hopefully the weight will be lifted from their shoulders and they'll be able to move on in the near future.

Other than these events in Prof's private life, work has progressed on the writing for the next part of The Loop. The second alpha build is planned to be released either in March or April, depending on a few factors. In the meantime, more characters will be introduced and preview renders shared. One of the new characters has a congenital condition that could be appealing depending on one's tastes and sense of aesthetics. Prof is welcoming the attempts to guess what the condition actually is, so feel free to try and guess what it is. As for the first official release, Prof is aiming to have the first official build of The Loop release sometime this summer.

Finally, here's another special render Prof made of Valentine to round out this post. As always, just check the following spoiler to see the image.

Prof is contemplating making a series of gymnast themed images for Valentine. Personally, I do believe that would be an effective way to showcase her flexibility and figure.

I do hope that everyone curious about development news and information for The Loop find this information useful.

EDIT 12-3-2024 (March 12, 2024):

Hello everyone, here's the next batch of information for The Loop. This is being merged into my most recent post in the thread to avoid double posting as per usual. The script was updated for the next portion of the game on March 5th, so we're steadily approaching the next alpha build for The Loop. In addition to this, another preview render has been released featuring yet another new character. The new character is named Summer and she is Stephanie's best friend. The preview render featuring Summer will be shared in the following spoiler as always.

EDIT 14-3-2024 (March 14, 2024):

Winter may have won the poll, but Juniper now has a lingerie special render much like Winter. Just check the following spoiler if you'd like to see how the render turned out.

EDIT 21-3-2024 (March 21, 2024):

Here are two more preview renders. This first preview render will be of two characters that can be met during the first alpha build for The Loop, Constance and Abigail.

The next preview render is a solo render for Summer for those that want to see more of the lovely blonde.

I do hope that everyone interested in update information for The Loop finds this latest development and preview render useful.

Last edited:

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
It is! If you want to check it out, you can go on Patreon:
I didn't want to link it without your permission/knowledge and stuff up downloads or something.

Good Luck with it all. I have it downloaded, but will be a while till I can get to it (I have a fairly big backlog to work through). But I'm very excited for it. (y) :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Professor Historian
3.00 star(s) 1 Vote