Nekirom

Nov 16, 2022
Any fixes for the infinite loop?
Only option I see is using the console (jump command or setting the variable that triggers it temporarily to False). But in my playthrough of this patch stuff with Deshira in front of the tavern triggered BEFORE Sofias Expedition was done, and I needed to manually change other variables to get things in the logical order again and doing that quest even after escaping that loop, so its probably better to keep an old save and wait for a complete fix.

kidopitz

Jan 13, 2018
Is it a bug where i have to talk to Elizabeth but i already talk to her in her room and on the bathroom and the quest still says that i need to talk to her.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Lust City [S1 v1.5] [Candylight Studio]

Just more languages added to Season 1, nothing game changing, unless you're a Turk, I guess?

NEW LANGUAGE ADDED:
Türkçe (Turkish)

Win/Linux/Mac/Android:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Lust City [S1 v1.5] [Candylight Studio]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- -

Mac:
- -

Last edited:

Ribaso

Oct 22, 2020
There is a bug in the latest version of season 2, having sex with Deshira ends up with a loop of drinking with Alyssa & Elizabeth.

Mookys

Dec 19, 2022
There is a bug in the latest version of season 2, having sex with Deshira ends up with a loop of drinking with Alyssa & Elizabeth.
FYI: According to Discord, the looping issues have been reported to the developer by other players.
I also pointed out that you can't hide the text box during a sex scene using the multiple views feature (a black screen appears).
Let's hope that the dev will fix these problems ASAP.

Reactions: Ribaso
Dec 10, 2022
Like a few of you, I appreciate what this game is trying to do even if it doesn't quite get there. The models are damn hot and the setting is much more interesting than the standard "guy wanders around house looking for things to put his dick in" that a lot of VNs have. But the dialogue and storytelling leave a lot to be desired.

I wanted to see if I could improve the experience. So I've started rewriting the game. Over the last couple days I rewrote the intro from where you start a new game up to the Primal Vision tutorial. My goal is to give the characters a bit more depth than they currently have, as well as improving the plot. I haven't changed any image orders, just the text.

If anyone is interested I've attached the story.rpy file. This is for the 4K version so I don't know if it'll work with the regular one, I haven't tested it. Just copy this file into your \game directory and overwrite when asked.

The 4K version seems to be missing some audio files, I noticed. If you have both versions you can copy the files from the game\audio folder of the regular version over to the same folder in 4K. I changed the music that plays during the intro from file "1.mp3" to "4.mp3" because I think it suits the tone better.

I'm going to keep going until I've completely rewritten the entire story.rpy (which I think goes up to the end of chapter 4); or until I get bored and stop, whichever comes first.

Oh and for anyone getting that bug where you're playing with music turned on and you enter/exit a menu, and the menu music is still playing over the top of the game music, I have a fix for that too.

Open the gui.rpy file in a text editor and look for this line:

define gui.game_menu_background = Movie(play ="gui/game_menu.webm")

Change it to:

define gui.game_menu_background = "images/ending_img.png"

This replaces the menu animation with a static image. The menu animation audio is what was overlapping with the game music. I'm sure someone more familiar with Renpy could find a better fix, but this works.

UPDATE 02/06/24 - got a bit further in the rewrite. Still fleshing things out. And contra what I said above, I did decide to move some of the images around so they made more sense. You now define relationships earlier when I first introduce the characters. My rewrite will assume "mom-daughter-sister" so if you pick something else, don't complain that it doesn't fit.

UPDATE 06/06/24 - story rewritten up to when the party ditches their horses and enters the jungle on foot. Have confirmed this file will also work for the 1080p version of the game. The story.rpy files between 4k and 1080p versions are identical except for something like 3 lines that have slightly tweaked dialogue. Which I'll be rewriting when I get to them anyway.

screenshot0001.png

screenshot0003.png

screenshot0004.png

Last edited:
Reactions: The_Stifmeister
May 2, 2020
Like a few of you, I appreciate what this game is trying to do even if it doesn't quite get there. The models are damn hot and the setting is much more interesting than the standard "guy wanders around house looking for things to put his dick in" that a lot of VNs have. But the dialogue and storytelling leave a lot to be desired.

I wanted to see if I could improve the experience. So I've started rewriting the game. Over the last couple days I rewrote the intro from where you start a new game up to the Primal Vision tutorial. My goal is to give the characters a bit more depth than they currently have, as well as improving the plot. I haven't changed any image orders, just the text.

If anyone is interested I've attached the story.rpy file. This is for the 4K version so I don't know if it'll work with the regular one, I haven't tested it. Just copy this file into your \game directory and overwrite when asked.

The 4K version seems to be missing some audio files, I noticed. If you have both versions you can copy the files from the game\audio folder of the regular version over to the same folder in 4K. I changed the music that plays during the intro from file "1.mp3" to "4.mp3" because I think it suits the tone better.

I'm going to keep going until I've completely rewritten the entire story.rpy (which I think goes up to the end of chapter 4); or until I get bored and stop, whichever comes first.

Oh and for anyone getting that bug where you're playing with music turned on and you enter/exit a menu, and the menu music is still playing over the top of the game music, I have a fix for that too.

Open the gui.rpy file in a text editor and look for this line:

define gui.game_menu_background = Movie(play ="gui/game_menu.webm")

Change it to:

define gui.game_menu_background = "images/ending_img.png"

This replaces the menu animation with a static image. The menu animation audio is what was overlapping with the game music. I'm sure someone more familiar with Renpy could find a better fix, but this works.

View attachment 3681687

View attachment 3681690

View attachment 3681691
for what i can see here the 4K versione (0.92) it's not even the final version of season 1 so we have to wait that someone leaks here

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
for what i can see here the 4K versione (0.92) it's not even the final version of season 1 so we have to wait that someone leaks here
S01 is v1.5, it is the Steam version, they did away with that 4K dumb stuff, it's a unified version now. You can verify this on Patreon since it's a public post...

Reactions: The_Stifmeister

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Not sure why better resolution equals dumb, but fair enough.
Because less than 0.1% of the player base was downloading it, why waste the time and effort, and why make the game size 10-fold for hardly a noticeable quality increase.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lust City [S2 v0.52] [Candylight Studio]

PRIMAL VISION code : ixtalcock

Changelog:

"The Lust City 2" v0.5 update contains:
New 1100+ renders
New
45+ animations

REPLAY GALLERY ADDED
Now you can relive your favorite moments with certain characters and replay it as much as you want!
(P.S. update for Sandbox version will come out as soon as we finish fixing Sandbox model!)

CONTINUE BUTTON ADDED
We finally managed to add the continue button and make it work! You don't need to worry now if you made a wrong choice or would like to continue from where you last saved!

For now, game contains:
6500+ Renders
580+ Animations

Future updates:
Sandbox model fix!
Android version compression and update!
More main story and side quests!
Background sound!

Win/Linux/Mac:

Last edited:

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The Lust City [S2 v0.52] [Candylight Studio]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022
Because less than 0.1% of the player base was downloading it, why waste the time and effort, and why make the game size 10-fold for hardly a noticeable quality increase.
The 4k version folder is 3.78GB and the 1080p version is 2.36GB. So not 10x the size. Not even twice size. Curious where you got that player base figure from as well.

As for wasting time and effort, sure if the dev is creating two versions. But there was never a reason to do that. Just make the 4k version only. That way players with higher rez monitors now and in the future can enjoy better image quality. Even players with lower rez monitors may benefit from the extra information in the image when it gets downscaled. People with potatoes need a compressed version anyway regardless of the original output.

It's not like 1080p is going to be the most common monitor size forever. Render your game at 4k and you future-proof it. Otherwise in five years time the visuals will look the equivalent of what 480p does today.

I can see you're a game compressor so we're probably not going to agree on this. And while I don't play compressed versions myself, thank you for what you're doing for people who do need them. I'm sure they very much appreciate the work you do.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The 4k version folder is 3.78GB and the 1080p version is 2.36GB. So not 10x the size. Not even twice size. Curious where you got that player base figure from as well.

As for wasting time and effort, sure if the dev is creating two versions. But there was never a reason to do that. Just make the 4k version only. That way players with higher rez monitors now and in the future can enjoy better image quality. Even players with lower rez monitors may benefit from the extra information in the image when it gets downscaled. People with potatoes need a compressed version anyway regardless of the original output.

It's not like 1080p is going to be the most common monitor size forever. Render your game at 4k and you future-proof it. Otherwise in five years time the visuals will look the equivalent of what 480p does today.

I can see you're a game compressor so we're probably not going to agree on this. And while I don't play compressed versions myself, thank you for what you're doing for people who do need them. I'm sure they very much appreciate the work you do.
Most people will download 1080p for an adult game over 4K, they seen something in the data to support that the 4K version wasn't worth their time. Double render time creating 2 versions, the 4K version stopped almost a year ago at this point, and they would need to support both versions on Steam, like "Helping the Hotties". That mentioned game is over 20GB, little ridiculous for an adult game and doesn't warrant it. Maybe they bring it back like DLC like HTH does and charge extra for it, since that is extra time to re-render all that, along with the audio. Inceston games are that size as well, but they refuse to stop using PNG's so the game is large for no reason.

There are a lot of dev's who had 4K variants but after time they stopped to as they also realized making 2 versions isn't worth it in the long run, time better spent sticking to one version, since most dev's are a one or two person show trying to keep an update schedule.

If I didn't have good internet, I wouldn't be a game compressor, the size doesn't bother me when I have 12TB or more of storage, but I don't see any reason to have 4K, I don't even have 4K for most AAA games. For a lot of folks they can't even tell the difference between compressed and uncompressed.

3.80 star(s) 26 Votes