foible

Aug 29, 2017
Hehe, using anon files is like a passing of a skill check if you know what your doing its fine.
He didn’t say anything about being afraid of it or being inept at finding the right “download” button to click. It’s slow as fucking frozen jizz dripping uphill in an avalanche. THAT’s what he doesn’t like about it.

I just tested it, too. Caps out at like 1.2MB/s. Pixeldrain is out here rockin’ at least 6MB/s (the connection I’m currently using is only 30Mb, so I can’t verify exactly how fast Pixel can get.) But I know damn well Mega can blow BOTH of those speeds out of the water. I’ve seen speeds up to 30-40MB/s on my other connections.

And don’t even fucking THINK about mentioning Mixdrop. Why the FUCK do we even allow that here? After thirty seven pop-ups to finally open the download button you get a whopping like, 200K/s?!?! You fuckin’ kidding me?! I could write the binary code for these games on my own accidentally in the time it takes to download from Mixdrop.

Also, the most fun you’re going to have with this game until there’s significantly more content, is to play one of the older builds that doesn’t have the save data encrypted. Adjusting physical attributes outside the given parameters is a gas. I think it might have been build 24? Don’t remember exactly. Pretty sure someone mentioned it here a while back.

Last edited:

foible

Aug 29, 2017
Damn this game is resource intensive. Just tried to test the new build on my gaming laptop, which is a bit older, but it still plays WoW and LoL and I even got it to load to Diablo IV. But not this game. wtf?!

Demosthenes

Nov 28, 2017
Damn this game is resource intensive. Just tried to test the new build on my gaming laptop, which is a bit older, but it still plays WoW and LoL and I even got it to load to Diablo IV. But not this game. wtf?!
The problem is that it's coded like shit, not that it's resource intensive. Seems to not work for a lot of people, myself included, and I have a pretty decent rig (2080 S).

Reactions: evaw

wawaweewaborat

Jul 14, 2021
this game definitely has a higher graphical fidelity than that of WoW or LoL lmao, those are designed to run on potatos

Reactions: HeavenlyBusboy

OnyxShadow

May 21, 2017
v28 and 29 have both crashed on the load screen 100% of the time.

Its not my computer. I can run Cyberpunk at high settings.

SlobberGoat

Jun 9, 2020
Ok, so when I first ran 29.1 it ran fine, I walked around a bit, looked pretty much the same as previous versions.

I then decided to delete my save file to see if there was anything new in the character creation screen. After deleting the save files. The game starts and then lockups on the loading screen. Tried a few times and it locked up everytime. A dialog pops up after a while (120 sec?) saying that the game was unresponsive.

Weird.... 29 worked ok when I unpacked it... maybe it doesn't like starting with a clean slate?

I then went back to a prior version (27?), created a character, walked around a bit and quit the game. Now when I start 29 it gets past the loading screen and makes it to the main menu (with the continue option) and the character crouching near the bridge.

From here, task manager just reports the process as having 4gb and stays 'unresponsive'. I leave it for a few minutes and the dialog doesn't show up here (which makes sense because I can understand players sitting on the start menu for long periods of time)

kekpuker

Sep 21, 2020
Has any Linux user succeeded in running it in Lutris ?

How did you do it?
Welp, in Lutris it is simple as adding a new installed game and launching it. Check you use latest lutris-GE-proton in Wine runners and use it for game. You may also need -DX11 launch argument if it crashes on start. And ofc you have to use modern Linux distro with latest libraries and drivers to greatly increase your chance of success. Not even saying about a decent GPU for this particular game.

foible

Aug 29, 2017
So why three save slots if you can't switch between them? And has anyone figured out the new saves yet such that we can edit sizes outside the slider presets? I wanna make some freakishly weird looking characters.

3.60 star(s) 24 Votes