VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Magister's Tale [Ch. 1 EC] [Passion Grove]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes
Aug 27, 2018
Pretty good can't wait to see whats in store for Chapter 1 and so on Lol. Really digging into the whole medieval fantasy can't wait for more content. Good Renders already falling in love with Ella and Farah.

Reactions: RowanPG and RødTop

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I believe he's just using the Game of Thrones term for grand vizier/prime minister/secretary of the interior.
Titles are capitalized tho, writing it in lowercase makes it refer to the body part in question (whence the snark). Incidentally, historically such titles (the ancient Persians went with "Royal Eye") tended to signify sometimes-covert royal inspectors who went around seeing to it governors and whatnots were doing their jobs properly and not, say, building up forces for coup attempts, and similar roving troubleshooters...

Reactions: Bagger288

RowanPG

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Titles are capitalized tho, writing it in lowercase makes it refer to the body part in question (whence the snark). Incidentally, historically such titles (the ancient Persians went with "Royal Eye") tended to signify sometimes-covert royal inspectors who went around seeing to it governors and whatnots were doing their jobs properly and not, say, building up forces for coup attempts, and similar roving troubleshooters...
I wrote hand of the king in the plot summary because I figured it was a more modern turn of phrase and people would understand it because of Game of Thrones just as Bagger288 said. In the game when the main character speaks to King Merek, he refers to his father as the late chancellor, Irwin.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
I would consider GoT a horrible source for just about anything, including terminology, but that's neither here nor there. More to the point Chancellor is an office still in use nowadays (albeit in a quite different form the older times which typically dealt with the judiciary and/or crown finances), just ask the Austrians or Germans for ex (effectively Prime Ministers), and as such ought to be recognizable to anyone who hasn't been living under a rock in the Aleuts.

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
I wrote hand of the king in the plot summary because I figured it was a more modern turn of phrase and people would understand it because of Game of Thrones just as Bagger288 said. In the game when the main character speaks to King Merek, he refers to his father as the late chancellor, Irwin.
Don't worry, I understood the first time I read.

Aug 26, 2018
During the scene of Rhea giving you a BJ, two clicks into the scene and there is a glitch on the image. I get red words on Top Left side of screen. "image........" cant read it fast enough. and i cant seem to get a good screen shot either.
It's very quick and it goes away and the scene continues.

RowanPG

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
During the scene of Rhea giving you a BJ, two clicks into the scene and there is a glitch on the image. I get red words on Top Left side of screen. "image........" cant read it fast enough. and i cant seem to get a good screen shot either.
It's very quick and it goes away and the scene continues.
I think this is a result of clicking too quickly. With Renpy there are a bunch of ways to transition an image to start an animation, but there are issues with all of the ones I've tried. With some of them, the screen will flash white, with the one I chose you might see a slight ripple across the image.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
Oh my God, Ella is so incredibly cute. What a sweet little thing. She does NOT seem like a "bad ass warrior" at all, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Rhea is incredibly hot, I like her smug facial expressions, and she's very attractive when she's being genuine too. I'm glad that we get to fuck her- although, it would've been a little more exciting if it was more of a challenge to do so.

Princess Farah is just a pork Goddess, I will be extremely disappointed if we do not get to stuff her in every hole.

But I'm getting ahead of myself:

Magister's Tale is a very promising game with enormous potential. The writing isn't half-bad, the girls are hot, and I like the story so far. It's fast paced, straight to the point, and immersive. I enjoyed the hell out of this demo and I absolutely cannot wait for future releases. To the developer -- you have a gem, here. Don't let it go to waste. This game has the potential to be incredibly good. Oh, and for the love of all that is holy, please don't add in unnecessary RPG elements like literally every other game that has the potential to be good tends to do. As a novel/story game, the gameplay is just fine and should be choice based- not a clicking/stat building simulator.

Reactions: RowanPG

ThunderRob

Devoted Member
May 10, 2018
i do not mind "stat-building" as long as it isnt a non-stop grindfest of fallasleepness...example..train with Ella ups your whatever stat and may result in her being sweaty and removing her top because..well..she's so country..HAHAAAAA..but some games make it all about stats stats stats...just need to know how to integrate that into a game without ruining the game.

Reactions: ILCjr

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
i do not mind "stat-building" as long as it isnt a non-stop grindfest of fallasleepness...example..train with Ella ups your whatever stat and may result in her being sweaty and removing her top because..well..she's so country..HAHAAAAA..but some games make it all about stats stats stats...just need to know how to integrate that into a game without ruining the game.
Agreed. I'm not saying that RPG/Stat-building elements are inherently bad... just that the way they are typically integrated into these games is. It usually feels more like doing chores than actually playing a game. I'm glad that this game is so-far free of those.

pijiji

Aug 13, 2017
This is a solid start, it really is just an introduction but its not too short, the characters seem well written or at least have a pretty good basis to build on. I'm really interested in the relation that can be built between the MC and Ella, I like the idea of them learning from one another. All in all this looks like it can be a very interesting story, lets just hope that the updates won't be too short and will come regularly.

Dragonflight

Dec 10, 2017
I think this is a result of clicking too quickly. With Renpy there are a bunch of ways to transition an image to start an animation, but there are issues with all of the ones I've tried. With some of them, the screen will flash white, with the one I chose you might see a slight ripple across the image.
I noticed that while playing through it yesterday as well but figured it's a demo and would be fixed with the first released. What the message said was:"Image Rheaass/Rheasex animated not found" (insert variation and proper punctuation). Checked it today again and I could roll back and click slowly, it would show the message again. As an aside: shaking left and right in that scene was kinda weird, but again, maybe that's just me.

The other thing I noticed was after talking to Rhea calmly being back home, the MC would say:"I don't trust her I need to keep my on her." I tend to go through dialogs rather quickly so I didn't notice more, and you'll proofread through it again so it didn't seem worth mentioning.
I do appreciate that there isn't a ton of dialog by the way, it does wonders for the pacing. As for the quickly reachable sex scene: Eh, it's a demo and it's good to have one, and not everybody needs a decade of build up for a one night stand.

RowanPG

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
I noticed that while playing through it yesterday as well but figured it's a demo and would be fixed with the first released. What the message said was:"Image Rheaass/Rheasex animated not found" (insert variation and proper punctuation). Checked it today again and I could roll back and click slowly, it would show the message again. As an aside: shaking left and right in that scene was kinda weird, but again, maybe that's just me.
First thanks for playing. I've been researching animations almost all night and this morning, and I have it fixed! I don't want to bore people with the fix, but I've tested it a couple times now and I'm not seeing any flashes or any red text. So I'll update the demo soon.

The other thing I noticed was after talking to Rhea calmly being back home, the MC would say:"I don't trust her I need to keep my on her." I tend to go through dialogs rather quickly so I didn't notice more, and you'll proofread through it again so it didn't seem worth mentioning.
Yeah sorry for the grammar errors, I'm probably getting a proofreader so this doesn't happen anymore. I don't know if it's dyslexia or what but I guess when proofreading my brain just skips over words and doesn't notice it. So, hopefully, it won't happen with another person checking it.

Reactions: Dragonflight

RowanPG

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
As for the quickly reachable sex scene: Eh, it's a demo and it's good to have one, and not everybody needs a decade of build up for a one night stand.
So I've seen this a lot, and I'd thought I'd talk about it. I talked about it on the discord group, which if you're not in, you should totally join because right now I'm the only talking in there :(

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I appreciate the feedback and I want more of it. I constantly want to get better as a writer and renderer...image maker...artist? I just wanted to explain what was going through my mind when I wrote it.

Reactions: Zero919 and UncleVT

figgis

Dec 9, 2016
I like the potential here; it kind of reminds me of Noble Privileges, a game I still mourn over a little.

I could kind of see

That being said, I'll still watch this to see how it progresses. I like the character designs for the main girls so far. Sucker for warrior girls, so Ella looks great, and the princess tutor storyline has potential.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes