VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Magister's Tale [Ch. 1 EC] [Passion Grove]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
maybe she was Scissoring her daughter all this time instead of getting some action
I'm pretty sure that counts as "getting some action" though, and would raise the additional issue that if they're into that they probably wouldn't be overly interested in the MC to begin with...

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Working on the new update for The Magister's Tale. I was working on improving my lighting skills today, and I think there's a big improvement. Historical accuracy is important to me, but I also want the players to be able to see the game lol. #vndev #vn #adultgame #visualnovel

Hey Everyone,
I wanted to share some progress. I remember some people saying they wish the lighting was better, so I've been working on it hard. I think it's a vast improvement.

I'll be working hard towards making the images for the next update, which will be this month! I don't really have a tentative date for release, yet. I should have one soon though. There's going to be around three times the content in this update as there was in the demo, which also means three times the images, roughly.

Hope you all had a good day,
-Rowan

DavidTurner

Oct 4, 2017
@RowanPG all I have to say is wow. For just being a demo, you've already built an in-depth world, and have shown so much story-wise in a way that isn't overwhelming..
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
..which is very hard to pull off, but you've executed it flawlessly. I'm definitely going to be watching this feed and seeing where the game goes. I wish you the best of luck, and... as mentioned before.. please don't disappear like Obrenor lol my heart couldn't take it

Reactions: RowanPG

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Here's one of the scenes I was working on over the weekend. As the twitter status says Chapter 1 will come out this month. I'm sorry for promising a release last month and not meeting it I completely overestimated the amount of time that I could commit and the content I'm putting into this update. I'm still kinda new to this, so I still have to figure out a good working system. I've also been getting some of the sounds worked out in the game, I'm going to have 3 tracks in this update, so you all will see what kind of sounds will be in the whole game.

Hope you all have a good day
-Rowan

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

So December has really flown by for me, and not really in a good way. With my primary job the holiday season is the busiest. Since the holidays are the busiest I've been working extra hours there to make ends meet. Here lately they've had me creating ads, doing all the computer work, writing two scripts for some holiday videos (Christmas and New Year videos), which I'm also the video editor, so I'll be doing that too later next week. Holidays are super busy.

I preface with that because I said there would be release this month and I'm going to honor that promise; however, I'm going to temper the expectations. Back when I started working on Chapter 1 I said I was going to push out three times the content ie 3 in game days; day 1 is almost finished, I have to redo a couple of scenes and polish some, however days 2 and 3 are not close roughly 30% and 35% finished as of now. So for the release this month I will release the first part of Chapter 1, and in January will be the other days. I've tried making the days longer compared to the demo so this should be a slightly longer amount of playtime for day 1 alone. Each day is roughly separated into 3 times, morning, noon, and night, and roughly ten scenes per time interval making it more than the demo not including the extra content, which will also be in Day 1 and the other days.

I know it's not the ideal scenario. I am so thankful for all the support everyone has shown. In day 1 you'll see a lot of new places, characters, clothes, music, etc. that were all 100% purchased with the support from the patrons.

Thanks for taking the time to read this all,
Rowan

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

I guess I'll just jump into it without too much build up. So as some of you have seen on Twitter, or in the Discord, I am bringing on a Co-Writer. I've been looking around for a while, and interviewing a lot of people, and today I finalized a deal. Our new writer is very good, and he's already had some amazing ideas for the game.

His name is FeaturedOn and he'll be writing for The Magister's Tale starting now. We're working together on a revised outline for Chapter 1, as well as a larger outline for the whole game. I only wish I had done this sooner, I think this is a great step forward for the project and it will really speed things along and keep us on track. We're not going to rewrite the whole story, we're just going to modify and add to Chapter 1, so that we can have something better to release in February. My track record isn't the best with staying on track for planned releases, but now that he's on the team he's going to help me stay on track. He really thinks we'll have something out by then, and he's a much quicker writer than I am, which is good.

We're going to try and keep monthly updates to around 30,000 words for now, and how ever many images it takes. I know some of you guys have a waited long time for an update, very patiently, and I'm really thankful for that, and I happy to say that wait is over. I'm very excited by this and I hope you guys are too. We're going to be posting more updates on Patreon, Twitter, and Discord so be sure to follow if you're not already, to stay up to date on all things The Magister's Tale.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and welcome our new teammate FeaturedOn!

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Yup, I’ll be writing for The Magister’s Tale and peeking in on this thread.

Don’t expect any spoilers from me, but I invite everyone to replay the Demo and leave your thoughts. It makes me happy to see all of the love and appreciation!

Edit: The outlines for all events in Chapter 1 were approved this afternoon. Moving onto the draft/revision phase of scripting.

Reactions: UncleVT and RowanPG

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
@RowanPG and I wanted to wish you all Happy Valentine's Day from Passion Grove!

We are also glad to announce that the planned content of three game days has been expanded to over twice that!

For up to date news check Patreon at

TMT_valentines.jpg

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

FeaturedOn has been working really hard on writing Chapter 1! As you can see from the Twitter post we're shooting for twice as much content as we initially planned for! I'm working hard making images for the game, and just thought it would be fun to give you something small for Valentine's Day. Get Hyped because Chapter 1 of The Magister's Tale is coming soon!

Hope you all had a good day!
-Rowan

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
We are going to be over 30k words in the script of this upcoming release. Working on the final dozen or so events now, and applying some polish to the whole thing. If you enjoyed the Demo you are going to want to come back.

If you like episodic content and want to see more be sure to drop a few dollars in the tip jar or become a Patron!

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017

I have been talking with @FeaturedOn1 and we think it’s time for a partial release, so Chapter 1 Day 1 is coming out next week. I’d share some images but my house internet is down til Monday. #vn #visualnovel

I’m really excited for the release of Chapter 1 with @passiongrove. We’ve been working on a big story that we hope entertains and excites everyone. We look forward to sharing this project with the world. #vn #visualnovel #gamedev #indiedev #adult #lewd
I even wrote up something special for this release.

Reactions: z3212 and Himerios
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes