VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Magister's Tale [Ch. 1 EC] [Passion Grove]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017

Character sprites and Some news!
Hey everyone,

I know it's been a while since I posted, and I'm sorry for not keeping you guys in the loop. If you follow me on twitter, you'll know that the writer, FeaturedOn, and I have been talking (which you should totally follow him since he posts spoilers and sneak peeks sometimes @FeaturedOn1) and we think it's time for a partial release since it's been awhile. So day 1 is coming out this week. I'm redoing some of the images, I'm working around the clock to get everything ready as you can see from the image, sprites are now going to be in the game.

Rhea may not have sprites this release but she will definitely have them next release.
Speaking of, after the release of Chapter 1 Day 1(aka C1D1) we'll have a holiday special out pretty quickly, which is Easter/spring themed. I think with holiday special, we'll have some Patreon content but the holiday portions will be open to all patron tier levels, whereas in the normal release Patreon content is exclusive for that tier.

Speaking of which, if you have been a higher level patron at any time these past couple of months I will dm you the link to the game that has the Patreon content in it. Patreon keeps a nice log of all patrons and tiers, so I'll go through it and make a list of people to contact. I'm trying to make sure that I honor the pledge tier levels you pledged. Most of the previews you've guys have already seen are from day 1 so the previews I'll be showing for April will be the holiday special.

FeaturedOn is already working hard on chapter 2 outlining and writing everything. So after the small holiday release, I'll be working on chapter 1 and we'll release that then straight into chapter 2. I talked last month about having to move and losing my job because of it, well things are really good now. My living situation is vastly improved, the depression I had because of my living situation and other job is gone, and I'm glad to work on this with renewed vigor almost. I think I'm in a much better place mentally, and I think that'll show with the work on the game, and I'm excited for you all to see it, I'm only sorry it's taken this long.

K18

Apr 19, 2018

As the tweet says, the Day1 release will come out Sunday or Monday, most likely Monday, but it'll be close. I like to make and edit all the images first, then plug them all into the script. Then final quality check and release. Other releases will not take this long, I know I've been saying that a lot because it's true, and I really want to drive that point across, my living situation and life has changed greatly since then, and things are much better.

After Day 1 we'll have an Easter Special release for a nice little holiday release. Then it's on to the rest of chapter 1.

Have a good day
Rowan

Himerios

Sep 27, 2018
Finally, It took them half a year to produce chapter 1. The demo seemed promising and I have no doubt that the game will lack on quality, but I'm just wondering myself now, how long chapter 1 will be...

Reactions: FeaturedOn

UncleVT

Låt den rätta komma in
Jul 2, 2017
Added Chapter 1 Day 1 to OP.

Edit: Added Mac version.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Himerios

Himerios

Sep 27, 2018
I'm really happy that the game finally got updated. But it was a very short update, for a nearly a year work. FeaturedOn would it be possible to update the game at least every 2 months? The game has so much potential, but the progress is too sloooooow :(.

TheLegend1337

Aug 8, 2017
I'm really happy that the game finally got updated. But it was a very short update, for a nearly a year work. FeaturedOn would it be possible to update the game at least every 2 months? The game has so much potential, but the progress is too sloooooow :(.
Maybe he’s deliberately working slow just to be able to milk a lot of money out of supporters for minimum amount of content?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: lannyboy

BigLurker

Jun 16, 2018
I really like it. Great models, story can be really interesting.

But a year? Seriously? Looking at similar or even better games than this one, are usually released monthly or per 2 months.
Plus choices didnt really matter, no branching that makes the game bigger in content.....

We will see.

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
The Magister'sTale: Chapter 1 (844 mb rar PC original)

88 mb rar compressed PC (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):

done by UnRen v0.7 (Sam@f95zone) and Cruncher v.0.3.1(BAS@f95zone); transparent textbox mod v2.5.3 (Penfold Mole@f95zone) has been applied

Last edited:

Scrot

Definitely not Scrot
Apr 30, 2018
The Magister'sTale: Chapter 1 (844 mb PC rar original)

88 mb PC rar compressed (slightly reduced image/video/audio quality):

done by UnRen v0.7 (Sam@f95zone) and Cruncher v.0.3.1(BAS@f95zone); transparent textbox mod v2.5.3 (Penfold Mole@f95zone) has been applied
ADDED to the OP

RowanPG

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Deleted my earlier comment because I wanted to write more. I'm glad you enjoy the game. I know you mentioned FeaturedOn, but I'd figured I'd respond.

The developer's note on the first page, answers a lot of questions and puts things in perspective. I would copy them here, but it's pretty long. If you have any other questions after reading it, please write to us about them.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Thank you for the support and your feedback.

The story is written so that the extra content won’t be “required DLC” to understand motivations in later events. Non-extra content updates will focus on relationships and activities between the characters.

We do have variables in the branching dialogue that will become important in future events. At other times the conversations will reveal more about a character & their motivations. The other characters have their own lives to enjoy while the main character makes decisions that will affect everyone. You will see the results in time.

Last edited:
Reactions: UncleVT and RowanPG

Himerios

Sep 27, 2018
The developers note answered a lot of questions. I must say, it is quite surprisingly to expect so soon another chapter.
But just to be sure, is it going to be a full day 2 or just a partial day 2 update?

You mentioned that you lost your job 2 months ago, after that it is unknown if you found another job. [If you are still jobhunting, I wish you good luck finding an even better job ;)] Does that mean, we can expect more updates, till you find yourself a job? :LOL:

And I mentioned FeaturedOn because s/he was more active on this forum. I was not sure if you were still here, since your last post was on 20th of October 2018.

Reactions: RowanPG

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
But just to be sure, is it going to be a full day 2 or just a partial day 2 update?
The only shorter days, or episodes, will be content made for Easter & a day with Rhea. Although that day with Rhea looks pretty normal sized to me.

RowanPG is working and doing well after the relocation. Unfortunately, that did mean a lot of time in the last 90days was spent impressing that employer. That's the way of life when you need a day job.

Reactions: RowanPG

Tezon

Jun 16, 2018
No reviews yet ..........just how much content is there ........is it better to wait a few updates ??????

smokebox

Dec 22, 2018
Mytez comment was the main reason i download to give it a try, and i love medieval themed games, as much as i like to give a review i think we need more content to make an honest review, but i really liked the content so far and if you keep up this level of good work i will probably make one in the next version and i am sure others will too, i really enjoy the story so far since we got to know a bit of every character that was presented, all the girls\woman are stunningly beautiful,the scenarios are also amazing, i really liked the way you handled Rhea in this first release, i got from angry at her to "maybe she deserve a chance" pretty quickly,and not just because of that hot scene,and Ella is what made me crave for more i really loved this character,and i bet she will also be the favorite for many,i know you will present more characters and possible other L.I, but Ella already stole my heart in this one, i am really excited for what comes next, (i hope for a lot more Ella by the way ;) ) , but since the quality is this great your game looks very promising!!

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes