Edmund, Duke of Ashbury
Farah, Daughter of Merek and Princess of Ashbury
Old Tutor, Previous magister to the court of Ashbury
There's some farmers and guards in there too

Reactions: alpharenji

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
Our MC may have left home years ago, but the household he's returned to needs a father figure. There's no better time than the present to be there for your family.

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Saw how few people you had supporting you, added a $5 tier. I'll hold it as long as I can, but my budget is limited.

As for the game: Love it so far.
Rhea seems to be lost, and unable to truly cope with what has happened
Ella is by far my favorite, she seems impressed by the MC who is so far not like the other men she has met in England, so probably a plus.
Farrah I think just wants someone to treat her like a normal person, and gets pissed by all the special treatment and constant feather touch everyone gives her.
I'm looking forward to Lily's return, that will probably be the moment things really kick off in the story.

Curious of the other girls from the title screen too. I'm guessing the one on the far left is Lily's teacher. She has a midwife look to her. The one in the bottom right appears to be Merry, given her described large endowments.

Last edited:

RowanPG

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Thank you so much. I'm always very grateful when anyone decides to support us.
I'm finishing up an adult sequence with one of those new characters this week ;) so the extra content version (finally) should be out very soon. I've been trying to get one particular sequence just right, and I finally got it right last night.

playb0y44

Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Here's my compressed version.

Note: This is an unofficial modified version of this game so if something goes wrong it goes wrong ;)

Image/audio/video quality is reduced to make this smaller. This is not a perfect process and sometimes can break a game. You've been warned so no complaining.

The Magister's Tale [Ch. 1 EC] [Passion Grove] - Original Size: 1.02GB

Download Win (61.1MB): - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019
I was really looking forward to this story moving forward! I totally hope to see some Ella & Lily/MC action moving coming next release, I dig that stepmother is ashamed after I jammed her ass but that is really secondary to the story...

pyrinikos

Nov 6, 2017
You have to learn, that Hellen was the Queen of Argos, not of Sparta and Menelaos was the King of Argos. Argos and Sparta are two diferent cities, was two diferent Kingdoms!!!!!!!!.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
You have to learn, that Hellen was the Queen of Argos, not of Sparta and Menelaos was the King of Argos.
Er... is the king of Sparta. The king of Argos is .

Reactions: botc76

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
Just for the future: I realize the need to feel like you're putting something out RowanPG but "Extra Content" releases are something that should happen after Chapter 3, not Chapter 1. People want the story to move forward more than they want fun extras.

Reactions: botc76 and smokebox

RowanPG

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Just for the future: I realize the need to feel like you're putting something out RowanPG but "Extra Content" releases are something that should happen after Chapter 3, not Chapter 1. People want the story to move forward more than they want fun extras.
Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it. I see where you are coming from, you want the story to move forward before extra stuff. In this instance, extra content releases are for higher-tier patrons, and it was something that should have/will be released concurrently with normal game updates. So this was something that I owed them, and these images ended up taking way longer than I thought they would. Several of these images were taking 2+hrs to render after optimizing the scene; other factors were in there too but that was by far the biggest reason. Then it becomes a judgment call of do I take 2 or 3 days to try and work out why these certain images are taking so long. Anyway, I'm starting to digress here, in this instance, it was something that I owed them and I tried to get out as quickly as possible.

On the topic of extra stuff, from my perspective, I see extra stuff, aka standalone releases, as a way for me to have the feeling that I'm working on a separate project while I'm technically not. Whether you're in college studying one subject or working on projects for your career, there's a lot of psychology articles that say it's not productive to focus all of your time on one subject for an extended period of time. I agree with this, it gets to be very mentally taxing, at least that's been my experience. So in theory standalone releases being very short, extra stuff, are a good way for me to alter my focus, for a small time, from the main story without starting a completely separate and unrelated project plus there is the added benefit of you guys getting stuff you wouldn't have necessarily gotten otherwise. I really do appreciate the feedback and I appreciate seeing your perspective on it.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Do I see this correctly? Since last October there hasn't really been new content, apart from the 70ish renders from this new extra version.
Or is chapter one a significantly bigger version than the demo?

RowanPG

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
Do I see this correctly? Since last October there hasn't really been new content, apart from the 70ish renders from this new extra version.
Or is chapter one a significantly bigger version than the demo?
I've been thinking for a while now that F95 should have an auto timestamp feature. Whenever the changelog is updated there could be a nice little auto timestamp entry next to it to stop this kind of confusion. It should be auto because then that takes some extra work off the generous uploaders who maintain the pages.

The dev note on the first page should clear a lot of it up. The original demo, aka day0, stopped after the first day when you went to sleep. Ch 1 Day 1 was released in June which was everything after that, minus what we just dropped yesterday. In June we dropped Day 1 for Chapter 1. Chapter 1 is going to consist of 10 in-game days of content, which are already all written out. All the other days are around the same size as Day 1, some bigger.

Reactions: ILCjr

RoadWulf

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2018
I've been thinking for a while now that F95 should have an auto timestamp feature. Whenever the changelog is updated there could be a nice little auto timestamp entry next to it to stop this kind of confusion. It should be auto because then that takes some extra work off the generous uploaders who maintain the pages.

The dev note on the first page should clear a lot of it up. The original demo, aka day0, stopped after the first day when you went to sleep. Ch 1 Day 1 was released in June which was everything after that, minus what we just dropped yesterday. In June we dropped Day 1 for Chapter 1. Chapter 1 is going to consist of 10 in-game days of content, which are already all written out. All the other days are around the same size as Day 1, some bigger.
I saw on the Patreon that you were planning to release this, then the easter content, then Chapter 2, all within a few weeks of each other, is that still the case?

RowanPG

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
I saw on the Patreon that you were planning to release this, then the easter content, then Chapter 2, all within a few weeks of each other, is that still the case?
Yes, that's still the case! The easter standalone is smaller than a typical day's worth of content, and I've been working on it here and there with the EC version so it should be ready soon.

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I just wanted to drop in and let everyone know a few things. Aside from writing smut and making dildos I still check F95 often.

I played through the EC & didn't like how some of the dialogue flowed. Things moved at a different pace when the I wrote the script in python, and when paired with the scenes & expressions I noticed changes I'd like to make. You'll see me upload a modified .rpy you can put in the game folder in a day, & the same will be sent to Patrons. Distributing in Renpy allows us to own our mistakes & raise the quality even after a release.

The other issue this raises, that's closer to the F95 users, is cut content. Should it become necessary I will continue to fine tune dialogue and scenes to maintain the original character/relationship dynamics. Relationships are more than a label in a game, and the language of the script should reflect that. If that means a custom .rpy to restore edited content then you can expect it.

Reactions: RowanPG
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes