VN Ren'Py Abandoned The Magister's Tale [Ch. 1 EC] [Passion Grove]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

gtz-god

Jan 4, 2019
hoping for ch 2 but add on with step mom scene and a sex scene after talking to the people who marry my sis ok but i hope we can kill that people he will burn in hell lol jk but dont like he locking he up or sending him off to war will be nice

Reactions: assman1337

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
hoping for ch 2 but add on with step mom scene and a sex scene after talking to the people who marry my sis ok but i hope we can kill that people he will burn in hell lol jk but dont like he locking he up or sending him off to war will be nice
She's coming... soon...

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
An excellent game, made very well with interesting and compelling dialogue and plot.

I tend just to accept text (unless it's absolutely impossible to understand or something extreme), but since I've now seen several suggestions / corrections to text previously provided, I'll just mention a minor one here: a Duke's wife is referred to as a Duchess, rather than a "Dukess".

I assume this was probably something like a find-and-replace error, where you had other text at first, but when you changed it something small was missed. It's a very minor error, but I figured I'd pass it on anyway. I'm absolutely loving your VN so far; it's a breath of fresh air compared to a lot I've seen.

Reactions: RowanPG

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
I'll just mention a minor one here: a Duke's wife is referred to as a Duchess, rather than a "Dukess".
That was actually a correction I caught for the edited .RPY. When the script was written we were still figuring out the character relationships. I remember RowanPG correcting me on titles as we discussed current and future characters. I suppose I overlooked that mistake at the time and moved through the scripts.

What's so exciting, to me, is the research necessary to make a period story. It becomes a balancing act of taking everything I learn for the sake of realism and where I can modernize or adapt for the sake of understanding.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

FeaturedOn

Game Developer
Jul 24, 2017
RowanPG should have an updated complete Zip for the Patrons in a bit. Those of you who aren't Patrons you can use this link to download and overwrite the existing ECD1.rpy, found in the Game folder.

The process is simple, and you can use the UnRen program to expand the contents of the game into folders. If you don't feel comfortable doing that then become a Patron and have the complete file without any work.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
MagTale_Ella-Halloween2019.png

Ella Halloween 2019

Hey Everyone,
I know it's been a while since an update. Still working on Day2, a lot of these images are taking a while. Had to work a couple more hours this past month, but I shouldn't have to do that anymore. I wanted to put out Ella's Halloween image a little early this month.

I wanted to go for something darker feeling with Ella. I was thinking it would be nice for Halloween. Every girl will have some nice images for you all. I do these extra images in my free time, so they don't really detract from work on the game. Anyway hope you all like it. I'll have some game previews out later this week as well, so be sure to look for it.

Rowan

Reactions: DrackDrap

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

The Magister's Tale
Rather than posting every daily update, I'm mostly summarizing Passion Grove's posts here; indented content and/or content in quotation marks is taken directly from , from various posts over the past three weeks.

This new content has a lot of outside scenes in it, and they take a long time to render. Sometimes I'll do the scenes in different pieces so it goes faster but that just means more things to render. . . . Release is almost ready, not quite there yet but it'll be soon.​

After some more rendering, PG admitted, "I’m still not extremely familiar with the software so I don’t know what makes things take longer".

Even with some of the learning curve, PG has rendered a lot of images, including "expression changes . . . between Ella, Selina, and Farah", among others. Several are marketplace renders. Lighting was also updated, which required some reworking if a render wasn't satisfactory.

As of the November 24, PG says, "Not too much left now. Got some 'good' scenes to do ;), got some more garden scenes, and some more market scenes, plus some touch-ups". And although, , progress seems to remain steady and should be getting close now.

Here is the latest post:
Day 20: A good day's work
Ten images today. A lot of two-part images and expressions for different scenes. But all in all a good day. Since it was the weekend I tried to put a lot of time today. I just finished a little while ago. Got some more adult scenes to work on tomorrow.

And now for a look at some character samples. I think these are all planned for Day 2 (of the game), but don't quote me on that. It's possible some of these are just "extras" for patrons. Given that they are in the same medieval clothing, though, I'm hopeful they'll make an appearance in Day 2.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Here's wishing Passion Grove the best, both in personal life and in progress with the game!

Last edited:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018

Working hard
This is actually the first day I’ve had to work on the game. One of my coworkers at my other job quit and I’ve had to take on more hours. When you work in an at will employment state you generally agree with the boss when they ask you to work more. This is only a temporary problem it won’t be long term but progress will be slow during the week days.

Reactions: Krull

RowanPG

Game Developer
Jan 10, 2018
marked abandoned
Correction: Not abandoned, never was abandoned.

If you want to read the more well-written discord post join up and check it out. Here's the TMWNGJYDARTLM(Too much work not gonna join your discord and read the long message): I'm on hiatus until I get my shit together. Don't become a patron until you see consistency from me. All previous patrons, will have access to whatever tier level for as long as they've had it until I'm showing consistency.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes