RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes

Djamstar

Mar 18, 2021
My files corrupted, whenever I download the game it says, that the file is corrupted to scan and reinstall the game, all other games work besides this one how do I fix it?

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2020
My files corrupted, whenever I download the game it says, that the file is corrupted to scan and reinstall the game, all other games work besides this one how do I fix it?
That's a known bug. A solution is given in the threads first few pages. Basically you should notice that one main folder has a really weird name (symbols that make no sense), rename it. To anything really. I went with "Merc Adventure".
That should fix it.

Reactions: Djamstar

Djamstar

Mar 18, 2021
That's a known bug. A solution is given in the threads first few pages. Basically you should notice that one main folder has a really weird name (symbols that make no sense), rename it. To anything really. I went with "Merc Adventure".
That should fix it.
It Worked Thank You!

HQQ

Aug 10, 2018
I've gotten the Evil Ending where Merc listened to the explanation and got redirected to the tittle screen...
But there's no Newgame+????
How do you guys even access that Newgame+? Downloading completed saves doesn't seem to work either.

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
I've gotten the Evil Ending where Merc listened to the explanation and got redirected to the tittle screen...
But there's no Newgame+????
How do you guys even access that Newgame+? Downloading completed saves doesn't seem to work either.
You can start your new game+ by going back to the destroyed statue, right before you get the ending.

HQQ

Aug 10, 2018
You can start your new game+ by going back to the destroyed statue, right before you get the ending.
Thanks!
Some more things I'm wondering:
- How do you defeat Warrior's Dog? It has like 6000HP, can 2-shot my Dog with its normal attacks, and take less than 10 damage from my skills? I feel like it's not supposed to be this strong. I didn't choose to Buff Enemies during NG+ but somehow Dog and all the NPC are doing 1-3 damage per attacks to everything.
- Do something special happens if you defeat the rare and powerful ccBunny found in the Cave?
- There's also a black slime called "Slime 8" in the Cave that always run as soon as the battle start. Can you catch and kill it somehow? Will that affects that black slime that absorb the Pontiff's corpse?
- Any scenes in the Underground Cave on the Island? There were silver and golden doors blocking the way, and in the NG+ I also encountered some pretty Lamia ladies.
- When I start a new, normal NG and saved Dog, then went to the Road, I saw some Hornbeasts half-eaten by slimes, called "Hornbeast?". These don't seem to exist in my first playthrough and the NG+. What's up with that...?

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
Thanks!
Some more things I'm wondering:
- How do you defeat Warrior's Dog? It has like 6000HP, can 2-shot my Dog with its normal attacks, and take less than 10 damage from my skills? I feel like it's not supposed to be this strong. I didn't choose to Buff Enemies during NG+ but somehow Dog and all the NPC are doing 1-3 damage per attacks to everything.
- Do something special happens if you defeat the rare and powerful ccBunny found in the Cave?
- There's also a black slime called "Slime 8" in the Cave that always run as soon as the battle start. Can you catch and kill it somehow? Will that affects that black slime that absorb the Pontiff's corpse?
- Any scenes in the Underground Cave on the Island? There were silver and golden doors blocking the way, and in the NG+ I also encountered some pretty Lamia ladies.
- When I start a new, normal NG and saved Dog, then went to the Road, I saw some Hornbeasts half-eaten by slimes, called "Hornbeast?". These don't seem to exist in my first playthrough and the NG+. What's up with that...?
- The Warrior's Dog is a hard boss because not only is the Dog an easy missable character, but finding her equipment is obscure, and her skills aren't the best. If you're having trouble, then try equipping accessories that boost her HP, MP, SP, auto-recovers stat values, etc. It's not uncommon for the dog to be killed that easily in the fight.
- Yes. The ccBunny has a rare chance of dropping one of the most powerful weapons in the game - that sword she uses. I heard from someone that you can also grind for a rare armor piece, but don't quote me too much on that. Also, you probably already noticed, but there are several NPC sex scenes you can observe. I think there's only 3. Two regular encounters and one for the secret boss. It's been a while since I last remembered, though.
- That Black Slime cannot be killed. Way too fast. Others who have grinded many levels have tried to outspeed it but have not been able to. The Black Slime is just there for story presence and nothing more.
- No scenes in the underground cave on the island. The silver and golden doors can be opened by interacting with levers in the labyrinth. It can be hard to see them as it's dark and the levers may blend in the walls, but they're not too hard to find.
- Those Hornbeasts you saw do exist in the first playthrough. They're a rare encounter that can only be found in that one specific Forest area where you first fought Warrior. The hornbeasts are one of those uncanny encounters to build up how scary of a threat slimes are and that general feeling of "something's not right."

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
Those Hornbeasts were being eaten by slimes!? I spent ages grinding trying to find more because I thought they were gating a secret encounter or something! Fuck!

Jan 4, 2020
Those Hornbeasts were being eaten by slimes!? I spent ages grinding trying to find more because I thought they were gating a secret encounter or something! Fuck!
What's really up with the slimes never gets explained. Which is one of the reasons people were hoping for an underlaying story. But except for the black slime they don't play any bigger role or get brought up again.

Reactions: Kaftein

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
What's really up with the slimes never gets explained. Which is one of the reasons people were hoping for an underlaying story. But except for the black slime they don't play any bigger role or get brought up again.
My headcanon has me thinking the slimes have a presence all throughout Takamakuran's works. The Black Slime especially has me thinking about the underwater boss in MYR.

HQQ

Aug 10, 2018
- The Warrior's Dog is a hard boss because not only is the Dog an easy missable character, but finding her equipment is obscure, and her skills aren't the best. If you're having trouble, then try equipping accessories that boost her HP, MP, SP, auto-recovers stat values, etc. It's not uncommon for the dog to be killed that easily in the fight.
- Yes. The ccBunny has a rare chance of dropping one of the most powerful weapons in the game - that sword she uses. I heard from someone that you can also grind for a rare armor piece, but don't quote me too much on that. Also, you probably already noticed, but there are several NPC sex scenes you can observe. I think there's only 3. Two regular encounters and one for the secret boss. It's been a while since I last remembered, though.
- That Black Slime cannot be killed. Way too fast. Others who have grinded many levels have tried to outspeed it but have not been able to. The Black Slime is just there for story presence and nothing more.
- No scenes in the underground cave on the island. The silver and golden doors can be opened by interacting with levers in the labyrinth. It can be hard to see them as it's dark and the levers may blend in the walls, but they're not too hard to find.
- Those Hornbeasts you saw do exist in the first playthrough. They're a rare encounter that can only be found in that one specific Forest area where you first fought Warrior. The hornbeasts are one of those uncanny encounters to build up how scary of a threat slimes are and that general feeling of "something's not right."
I see. Those slimes were really disturbing indeed.
Well, anyway I guess this means I've finished the game then. Thank you!

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
How can you recruit Googles into the party?
Wait until you can go to Eastern Island later in the game. Find her at the beach to the west. Finish up and head back to the Adventurer's Guild. She'll be there and you can recruit her then. Her level is capped at 50 and she's equipped with stat reducing items (presumably so you couldn't cheese grind the early levels back at the beginning) so don't forget to change her gear. Honestly she's a pretty solid damage dealer, does multihits.

Abathurrr

Mar 25, 2020
Any suggestions on defeating that destroyer? I can deal with the first phase easily, but after they merge into one, I just can't take the dmg. Do I really need to grind for it...

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
Any suggestions on defeating that destroyer? I can deal with the first phase easily, but after they merge into one, I just can't take the dmg. Do I really need to grind for it...
Been a while, not really sure what you mean by destroyer, sorry. If you hate grinding that much and don't mind cheating I can probably edit your savefile for you to use with maxed out levels through Cheat Engine. Just upload it here and don't forget to back it up in the unlikely event something goes sideways.

Abathurrr

Mar 25, 2020
Been a while, not really sure what you mean by destroyer, sorry. If you hate grinding that much and don't mind cheating I can probably edit your savefile for you to use with maxed out levels through Cheat Engine. Just upload it here and don't forget to back it up in the unlikely event something goes sideways.
Well, by that destroyer I mean there's a "true ending" I found online when finished dealing with the three sorcerers, go back to the demon village, there will be a fight. And there's the diablo or destroyer there I'm supposed to fight with

Jan 4, 2020
Well, by that destroyer I mean there's a "true ending" I found online when finished dealing with the three sorcerers, go back to the demon village, there will be a fight. And there's the diablo or destroyer there I'm supposed to fight with
I had to grind a bit for it since it's the second strongest boss (next to the black slime. i just can't beat it) but what i did was turtle down. raise my defenses, store up the attack with the mc and set him up with all the buffs i could. took me multiple tries though. googles was kinda helpful as she could deal some dmg but you need to have her with you anyways to trigger the boss

Reactions: Abathurrr

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
By the way is there any meaning to do NG+? I imagine it might help pad levels to do the Neo Slime fight. And how balanced is the added difficulty?

I had to grind a bit for it since it's the second strongest boss (next to the black slime. i just can't beat it) but what i did was turtle down. raise my defenses, store up the attack with the mc and set him up with all the buffs i could. took me multiple tries though. googles was kinda helpful as she could deal some dmg but you need to have her with you anyways to trigger the boss
A strat that works pretty well is to fully buff MC, give him counter gear and then protect. Thats potentally 16 counter hits all for ~500 damage (at lvl 50) if this boss uses 4x hit all. Make sure to heal MC every turn, give the extra life buff and he has enough speed to guarantee using protect first. Everyone else is fully safe to boot so they can all use full attack or regen accessories. Goggles is great at healing for this strat because she can regen all the TP she uses as her heal just uses TP.

Yes. The ccBunny has a rare chance of dropping one of the most powerful weapons in the game - that sword she uses. I heard from someone that you can also grind for a rare armor piece, but don't quote me too much on that.
She drops an accessory that gives two item skills, a 6x attack and a 8x will scaling AoE attack. Not sure of any special mods on the attacks. It can also be equipped on the dog.
In fact, many people expected Mercenary Adventure to play in the same Universe after the good ending of New Game.
Well I had thought it was set in the bad end actually, probably dont click the spoiler if both games havent been finished.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
I was somewhat wary of playing this game because looked kind of "ryona-ish" (not my thing) but after giving it a chance I can say for sure its one of the best Hrpg games I've played and the artwork is beautiful.

I found out you can still get the slime girl if you defeat the mercenary leader, its exactly the same quest but without losing against her.
In the labrynth the golden door also opens after getting out the labrynth and going in right back.
In the church's library there's two secret passages, one leads to an accesory for Cleric and a picture (which cannot be seen) about a man a woman and their kid, the other leads to a chest with a new skill inside.

There's a bunch of things I couldn't figure out their purpose though like the moving tree, some places in the lizard cave and in the eastern island just to name a few. I have defeated the sorcerers letting them alive so I explore a bit in the "after game" and go to the northern castle, speak to vampire and looks like the MC explains to him he defeated the church, which seems to trigger something in the vampire or the castle but I cannot figure out.

Also I have a theory about why the slave girl is getting devoured by the "black" slime and probably explains the prescence of slimes in the game but I feel it could be kind of spoilery, maybe.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 34 Votes