RPGM Completed The Mercenary's Adventure [v3.004] [Takamakuran]

4.50 star(s) 34 Votes

Beyo

Sep 6, 2017
There's a bunch of things I couldn't figure out their purpose though like the moving tree, some places in the lizard cave and in the eastern island just to name a few. I have defeated the sorcerers letting them alive so I explore a bit in the "after game" and go to the northern castle, speak to vampire and looks like the MC explains to him he defeated the church, which seems to trigger something in the vampire or the castle but I cannot figure out.
Many of what you named are things none of us have figured out. I imagine we will never have an answer. Speaking to the vampire about the sorcerers' defeat is just a bit of story flavor. There is no trigger for anything as far as any of us have found.

fulmetal

Mar 23, 2021
Many of what you named are things none of us have figured out. I imagine we will never have an answer. Speaking to the vampire about the sorcerers' defeat is just a bit of story flavor. There is no trigger for anything as far as any of us have found.
I wouldn't say that we will never find an answer - Takamakuran replied to a comment on his ci-en pn the 15th of July saying that they are working on an update (doesn't specify for which game), just that it is not yet developed enough to make a post about it. There is hope that all of our questions will be answered!

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
I was somewhat wary of playing this game because looked kind of "ryona-ish" (not my thing) but after giving it a chance I can say for sure its one of the best Hrpg games I've played and the artwork is beautiful.

I found out you can still get the slime girl if you defeat the mercenary leader, its exactly the same quest but without losing against her.
In the labrynth the golden door also opens after getting out the labrynth and going in right back.
In the church's library there's two secret passages, one leads to an accesory for Cleric and a picture (which cannot be seen) about a man a woman and their kid, the other leads to a chest with a new skill inside.

There's a bunch of things I couldn't figure out their purpose though like the moving tree, some places in the lizard cave and in the eastern island just to name a few. I have defeated the sorcerers letting them alive so I explore a bit in the "after game" and go to the northern castle, speak to vampire and looks like the MC explains to him he defeated the church, which seems to trigger something in the vampire or the castle but I cannot figure out.
I havent tested it to be sure but Id expect the slime girl quest to not be tied to the mercenary leaders quest at all. At least Im confident you can go into the lizard cave as long as you kill 30 or so lizards and then just need to rescue the slime twice. Another oddity you didnt mention were the rare monster encounters. Some of them make sense but then the one that really bothered me was the hornbeast orb randomly showing up south of the starting village at a time when it would be trivial. At least Im confident it doesnt show earlier.

The thing I found the weirdest about the "good" ending was the minstrel/ sorcerer guys dialogue at the end.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also I have a theory about why the slave girl is getting devoured by the "black" slime and probably explains the prescence of slimes in the game but I feel it could be kind of spoilery, maybe.
Edit: If your theory is what I think it is then it seems correct to me.
This also made me think of the other slave girl in the bandit camp (though I need to double check what she looks like) theres a chance shes the other girl (in the sewers) devoured by that slime.

Last edited:

Kaftein

Nov 22, 2019
This also made me think of the other slave girl in the bandit camp (though I need to double check what she looks like) theres a chance shes the other girl (in the sewers) devoured by that slime.
The bandit girl in the underground dungeon is actually the same one you encountered while on the road. She was attacking Merchant Girl and ran away when you killed her teammates.

If you let her go, she appears later in the same area of the town where the brothel is located, loitering between some buildings. You should be able to see her if you just walk along that path.
Is there any symbol indicating charges?
There should be an explosion symbol next to your name while you're building up charges in-battle.

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
(Aghh, sorry to anyone if you read this post before and now are seeing an edited the post but I'm copypasting from google translate and fixing the best I can but I realized just now I didn't posted this post how it should been.)

I see, the vampire thing I found it odd because if I talk the heretic priestess she aknowledges the sorcerers defeats like the vampire but theres not "transition, only the dev knows I suppose.

I havent tested it to be sure but Id expect the slime girl quest to not be tied to the mercenary leaders quest at all. At least Im confident you can go into the lizard cave as long as you kill 30 or so lizards and then just need to rescue the slime twice. Another oddity you didnt mention were the rare monster encounters. Some of them make sense but then the one that really bothered me was the hornbeast orb randomly showing up south of the starting village at a time when it would be trivial. At least Im confident it doesnt show earlier.

The thing I found the weirdest about the "good" ending was the minstrel/ sorcerer guys dialogue at the end.

Edit: If your theory is what I think it is then it seems correct to me.
That could be true about the slime girl, doesn't seem to be much relation between the leader mercenary and it after all, I can confirm that too, once you kill enough lizards you can go in the cave before meeting the mercenary leader.

Looking at the slime girl quest its odd how suddenly transforms itself into a human shaped slime, its already weird a slime who has sentience. The best theory I can come up is looking at the skeletons we found around the cave as being the cause, we get a "special" super meat there too you can use to heal and even level up your characters, so I think the slime didn't kill anyone but it did devoured some of the carcases laying around while it was trapped. About the hornbeast orb you mean the random battle where we see one getting devoured by a slime? I got "lucky" I got it early in the game so I thik its more a way for us to see how bad things are turning in this world.

About minstrel:

About the slime theory, indeed, that s pretty much.

Aside from that I want to share something.

Also I have found a nice grinding place:

Last edited:

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
The bandit girl in the underground dungeon is actually the same one you encountered while on the road. She was attacking Merchant Girl and ran away when you killed her teammates.

If you let her go, she appears later in the same area of the town where the brothel is located, loitering between some buildings. You should be able to see her if you just walk along that path.
I guess I was misleading I mean the slave girl in the bandit camp thats broken, they make you feel bad if you touch her and disappears no matter what. I just confirmed she is the same girl eaten by the slime, the hair is unmistakable but you wouldnt think of her because shes malnourished when the slime eats her. Edit Heres the screenshots of her.

Btw when I was checking this I ran past the merchant when she was attacked by bandits. Im 90% sure the game stopped you from doing that in earlier versions. Then no merchant to sell stuff at the bandit hideout. And bandit girl wasnt in the bandit prison either. Im too lazy to check further right now but good chance merchant wont be around to sell anything anymore because noone saved her from bandits. Small chance theres a scene, maybe?

Another small thing is if you go north to the first mountain before you are supposed to you get an unwinnable fight against the bird that Goggles is supposed to kill. Ill check that with NewGame+ later to see if anythings there.

About the hornbeast orb you mean the random battle where we see one getting devoured by a slime? I got "lucky" I got it early in the game so I thik its more a way for us to see how bad things are turning in this world.
My mistake I meant the curvehorn that shows up as a red orb in the hornbeast area. I just double checked to be sure and its not there early I think it doesnt show up until you can head to meet Red sorcerer. The only reason I can think of why the dev added the orb was to make the player think "how did I miss that?" "how long was this orb sitting here for?" etc.

About minstrel:
Good catch yeah he had to know what was there if red sorcerer knew. Another thing is when you let him live he says "you'll regret this, Merc" so seems likely that he agreed with Red Sorcerer.

Last edited:

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
I guess I was misleading I mean the slave girl in the bandit camp thats broken, they make you feel bad if you touch her and disappears no matter what. I just confirmed she is the same girl eaten by the slime, the hair is unmistakable but you wouldnt think of her because shes malnourished when the slime eats her. Edit Heres the screenshots of her.

Btw when I was checking this I ran past the merchant when she was attacked by bandits. Im 90% sure the game stopped you from doing that in earlier versions. Then no merchant to sell stuff at the bandit hideout. And bandit girl wasnt in the bandit prison either. Im too lazy to check further right now but good chance merchant wont be around to sell anything anymore because noone saved her from bandits. Small chance theres a scene, maybe?

Another small thing is if you go north to the first mountain before you are supposed to you get an unwinnable fight against the bird that Goggles is supposed to kill. Ill check that with NewGame+ later to see if anythings there.

My mistake I meant the curvehorn that shows up as a red orb in the hornbeast area. I just double checked to be sure and its not there early I think it doesnt show up until you can head to meet Red sorcerer. The only reason I can think of why the dev added the orb was to make the player think "how did I miss that?" "how long was this orb sitting here for?" etc.

Good catch yeah he had to know what was there if red sorcerer knew. Another thing is when you let him live he says "you'll regret this, Merc" so seems likely that he agreed with Red Sorcerer.
Slave girl

About the merchant girl it did happen in my game as well, I try to pass over then the game prompts me to go back and help her. The first Bird fight annoyed me so I hope can turn the tables in the new game+ or at least find a new thing about it.

Ah, the curvehorn boss, I see what you mean and yes that was a weird "boss" battle, like the BGM in the fight is the same as the masked devil, also some strange things happened to me when I try fighting it, the first is when I touch the red orb doesn't trigger the battle immediatly like the others and the orb just keeps moving around the MC even touching him for a while, then suddenly the battle begins, the other thing happens after defeating it, If I don't go to another area but enter in another battle with the orbs in there, the BGM changes into the forest one but only while battling there! if I exit the area and come back again it doesn't happen anymore.

Last edited:

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
Slave girl
Yeah every one of their games has one really messed up part, I think its to show how evil the corruption is.

About the merchant girl it did happen in my game as well, I try to pass over then the game prompts me to go back and help her. The first Bird fight annoyed me so I hope can turn the tables in the new game+ or at least find a new thing about it.
Its strange, I wonder if you can only do it if you rush past her. I didnt mention it but you can also rush past the mercenaries to get to the bandit hideout before them but you cant do anything there. Its really weird that they added the check for merchant, I hate not saving her but I just have to know.

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
Yeah every one of their games has one really messed up part, I think its to show how evil the corruption is.

Its strange, I wonder if you can only do it if you rush past her. I didnt mention it but you can also rush past the mercenaries to get to the bandit hideout before them but you cant do anything there. Its really weird that they added the check for merchant, I hate not saving her but I just have to know.

Last edited:

Fallen9182

Jul 10, 2017
I just had an audience with the Queen in the Unexplored region, where do I go from here?

In the guide it tells you to go to the Rugged Mountain but I have no clue where that is.

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
I just had an audience with the Queen in the Unexplored region, where do I go from here?

In the guide it tells you to go to the Rugged Mountain but I have no clue where that is.
Assuming you mean the queen of the green aboriginals then the mountain would be directly west (left) from there or in the northwest (top left) part of the map.

Last edited:

Fallen9182

Jul 10, 2017
Assuming you mean the queen of the green aboriginals then the mountain would be directly west (left) from there or in the northwest (top left) part of the map.

Whats going to break the run though is the aboriginal village unless theres a new way to dodge that.

9 sounds about right but I havent been counting.

If its not Craggy Ridge or mountain then I don't see a place on the map called Rugged Mountain.

MAP
The_Mercenarys_Adventure screenshot.PNG
Craggy Ridge
The_Mercenarys_Adventure screenshot2.PNG
mountain
The_Mercenarys_Adventure screenshot3.PNG

Can you please explain what I am suppose to do after talking to the queen of the green aboriginals

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021
Whats going to break the run though is the aboriginal village unless theres a new way to dodge that.
That's true, maybe defeating the mantis like demon early this time could change that hopefully.

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
If its not Craggy Ridge or mountain then I don't see a place on the map called Rugged Mountain.

Can you please explain what I am suppose to do after talking to the queen of the green aboriginals
It should be Craggy Ridge then, thing is the guide you are using might not be on the same translation as the game were used to playing. And I dont know the names of any of the places anyway.
Edit: Going forward Im just going to spoiler tag the entire thing its so much easier.

Last edited:

Yuditz

Apr 25, 2021

Sheik100

May 19, 2021
Edit: Run is dead, no way to dodge the aboriginal scene. I did every action I could several times, cleared out the map and I even 1 turned the scythe boss and only got the scythe, I guess Ill see later if its the same scythe boss you can kill normally. Despite killing it, the red orb is still there for the 'running away' scene with the aboriginal girl. The scene only counts for 1 power despite 3 girls by the way.

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 34 Votes