Gamle

Dec 11, 2018
Did you do the questline with the smoking nun? In her room after her quest you can have her flog herself which seemed like a way to continually increase your authority.
Yes, I did that quest and i cant get any higher authority now flogging her?!? :/

aribba32

Dec 6, 2021
I could not figure out how to get from 40-->45 corruption. My corruption temporarily went up to 43 while drinking with the monks but went down to 40 again. Eventually I had no choice but to save edit my corruption from 40 to 45. That is all I changed, and I was able to complete the rest with no issues. Full 0.5 save below if anyone is interested, love the game Alcahest!

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I could not figure out how to get from 40-->45 corruption. My corruption temporarily went up to 43 while drinking with the monks but went down to 40 again. Eventually I had no choice but to save edit my corruption from 40 to 45. That is all I changed, and I was able to complete the rest with no issues. Full 0.5 save below if anyone is interested, love the game Alcahest!
I see in your save that you played the event to get 45 after the monks drinking event.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Meaning you would have gotten 45 eventually. Your corruption edit probably didn't screw anything up since you reached 100% but cheating by raising corruption is how you break this game and I do strongly recommend everyone NOT to change corruption that way. You gain nothing from it except possibly playing events before you are supposed to, until you break the game and can't continue playing and have to restart.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
How long does it take to do anything? I have 10 corruption, 0 anything that leads to anything good. Day 13. I get that I am a wedge, the simplest of all tools, but a game shouldn't be this mysterious. How do I raise corruption/sin after the drinking with the monks?

driepinter

Jul 25, 2019
For those asking for the code, download the game. Open it with your text editor of choice, ctrl+F, "checkcode".
Uncomment the alert line. Note the target hash of 3511770.
Play the high low game until you get a hit. Am I one of the cool kids now?

Dev: dont leave a gaping security hole merely commented out in the public release of plaintext code, consider renaming your "checkcode" function to something less easily searched, and use something stronger than a 4 letter english word for the password.
Thanks, it worked!

Tromilka

Sep 11, 2020
How long does it take to do anything? I have 10 corruption, 0 anything that leads to anything good. Day 13. I get that I am a wedge, the simplest of all tools, but a game shouldn't be this mysterious. How do I raise corruption/sin after the drinking with the monks?
Check the journal to see what the next steps in the different plotlines are. Walk around to the different locations to find the corresponding events. If the event is gated behind a stat check of >10 corruption, you are not yet ready to advance it, and must do something else first.

Once you find one that is gated behind 10 corruption (your current level), you also need to raise your temptation stat high enough. You do this by exposing yourself to temptation in the form of arousing situations you encounter, so that your lust stat exceeds your resistance.

You'll need to be tactical to raise the lust level high enough to achieve sufficient temptation, but not max is out so that you're forced back to your room to atone and reset it, by choosing which events to expose yourself to. If necessary, take notes on how much lust each available event adds. (Sometimes the only way to reach the necessary level is to go to bed with enough lust that some remains when you wake up the next day.)

Events that are gated behind stat checks like this are often considered sins, and once you manage to complete it the sin will be converted to corruption, raising that stat and allowing you to proceed further. In other cases it just unlocks the next step of the plotline in the journal.

(Some events are also gated behind trust/authority checks, but in my experience you either tend to meet the necessary levels before you even try, or the ways to raise them are obvious.)

Reactions: mickster101
Nov 30, 2017
i didin´t yet i married her but until now i couldnt get the threesome, what is lacking to do? (i´m brazilian, sorry my bad english)
There is some stuff involved with a herb which leads into making divine nectar, it's a whole thing. What does your quest log say?

Yes, I did that quest and i cant get any higher authority now flogging her?!? :/
Then I don't know, sorry. You could always alter it in the console but seems like your trust/authority should be high enough now for most stuff.

Gamle

Dec 11, 2018
There is some stuff involved with a herb which leads into making divine nectar, it's a whole thing. What does your quest log say?

Then I don't know, sorry. You could always alter it in the console but seems like your trust/authority should be high enough now for most stuff.
Thanks for trying to help anyway. Maybe it is this you talk about herb to do Divine Nectar Im missing, havent done that. I have done all the quests with the monks, but didnt find any herbs or receipes that i remember?!?

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Thanks for trying to help anyway. Maybe it is this you talk about herb to do Divine Nectar Im missing, havent done that. I have done all the quests with the monks, but didnt find any herbs or receipes that i remember?!?
This was actually a bug caused by stupid me not realizing that people could choose authority path with Riley and then not continue to raise authority (and the same for trust path).

Here is a fixed index.html for anyone who wants it (OP is updated too).
View attachment v0.5.0.1.zip

RetroGuy

Nov 26, 2022
I played version 0.5 it from beginning to the end and would like to share some my impressions.

The game is getting actually quite hard. If you are not using that "Veteran Detective" option then you can quite often get into situations when you don't know what to do next. I can understand it's an incentive from the author to become a supporter ;)

It doesn't help that often you have to do something but you cannot do it at the moment. You just need to wait several days or maybe solve some another quest after which something appears at some place.

There are more and more people with each update. From some moment you start to confuse them and cannot tell sister Sara from Zara or Annika from Rummika :) It doesn't help that they are all more or less the same, without developed personality. Some are more submissive, some more stubborn but that's all. And sex scenes with girls eventually become a bit repetitive.

And the more I play it, the more I have the feeling that protagonist is simply a bad guy ;) He's very manipulative, a true guru building a personal cult and brainwashing his disciples. He's also quite a hypocrite, he talks about God and Jesus a lot but all he cares is if some gal sucks his cock. This is not a big fault of the game but personally I just like playing good guys.

Still the game definitely remains on the good side. I like personally old manuscripts, alchemy and magical recipes and Monastery treats this stuff quite seriously, almost becoming an educational game at some moments. :)

I'll be waiting for the next update.

sandalhathat

Nov 20, 2020
Thanks, it worked!
Aren't these instructions missing something? If you ctrl+f for "checkcode" - that's easy enough, but "Uncomment the alert line"? What is the alert line? I don't see anything like that around any of the places that have "checkcode".

Tromilka

Sep 11, 2020
I played version 0.5 it from beginning to the end and would like to share some my impressions.

The game is getting actually quite hard. If you are not using that "Veteran Detective" option then you can quite often get into situations when you don't know what to do next.
Playing it update-by-update, that has not been my experience. With the journal it is easy to keep track of which quests can currently be advanced, and so I always wonder about all the people asking for the Veteran code, since it doesn't add any content and really isn't necessary.

However, it could be that this is because when you're playing update-by-update, the storylines with new content in each update are limited, so there are a lot of quests marked "end of content for this update" that you can ignore. Usually by the time you run into progress blockers there are only two–three storylines left to focus on. Without that filter I can see how it could become overwhelming and hard to know which quest you need to focus on to advance.

One way to deal with that might be to divide the game into chapters, and give similar feedback on which storylines remain to be completed in the current chapter.

Agreed on the girls lacking personality and feeling pretty interchangeable. It's a shame since I thought the characterization was one of the strongest points of Paradise Found, but I think in large part it's a consequence of the material available. There aren't as many different scenes with each actress that can be used, and so the interactions become limited. Until the MC gets to the point where the whole convent drop the habit and start walking around naked, there's probably not much that can be done about it.

Netrik

Nov 5, 2017
Just wanted to give props to this game, it's really well-written and engaging just by the story alone, and it plays well without having the typical point and click frustration or grinding. Also the filesize being that small is amazing for the amount of (video AND audio!) content in there.

Reactions: Alcahest
4.50 star(s) 57 Votes