Tromilka

Sep 11, 2020
I am struck with sister Catarina mission , I am going to the stable every day , but still no option to throw the pepper powder pops up, what should I do now ?
You need to sneak a look at her mail. This requires you to visit the church in town, which is unlocked as part of Vivien's quest.

DragonSlapper

Sep 13, 2019
The “temptation” mechanism is tedious. I worked around the issue by tweaking the source so my “temptation” level defaults to 20 instead of zero. The game is STILL frustrating with that change but no longer unplayably so, especially with Detective Mode enabled. Doesn't seem to cause any bugs.

the relevant change is at line #46671. Here's the function:
===
<<widget calcTempt>>
<<set _tempt = $tempt>>
<<set $tempt = $lust-$res>>
<<if $tempt lt 0>>
<<set $tempt = 0>>
===

Change the interior bit of that last line from "set $tempt = 0" to "set $tempt = 20" and you're good.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I rarely have polls, but now I want your opinion on having the option to allow males to join the MC in sexual situations with a female.

Yes, it is only for patrons as I want to give my patrons something more in return for supporting me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Im The Night

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
I rarely have polls, but now I want your opinion on allowing males to join the MC in sexual situations with a female.

Yes, it is only for patrons as I want to give my patrons something more in return for supporting me.
If you take public comments like mine into consideration, then I'll suggest to make it optional. But if that's too complicated, then don't add other men into the mix. I believe many of us here play and stay because of the idea of having a harem full of devoted Sisters for ourself, so adding other men just ruin the fantasy.

Reactions: Kelazad

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
If you take public comments like mine into consideration, then I'll suggest to make it optional. But if that's too complicated, then don't add other men into the mix. I believe many of us here play and stay because of the idea of having a harem full of devoted Sisters for ourself, so adding other men just ruin the fantasy.
Yeah, it would be optional. That was what I meant with "allowing" but I have edited the post to clarify it. In the poll itself I state very clearly that it would be optional.

Reactions: Kelazad

gregers

Forum Fanatic
Dec 9, 2018
Yeah, it would be optional. That was what I meant with "allowing" but I have edited the post to clarify it. In the poll itself I state very clearly that it would be optional.
Making it optional would make it a non-issue to my mind, but for me the MC's increasingly demented world view isn't really suited for sharing (for now, anyway). I'm sure you could write your way around it, but just as a gut reaction, his whole spiral so far has been towards himself as single "patriarch" at the head of these women.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Making it optional would make it a non-issue to my mind, but for me the MC's increasingly demented world view isn't really suited for sharing (for now, anyway). I'm sure you could write your way around it, but just as a gut reaction, his whole spiral so far has been towards himself as single "patriarch" at the head of these women.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I haven't thought that far ahead yet, but this won't be about finding a way to implement it as much as opening myself up to new possibilities as I write and explore ideas. I haven't thought much about adding something like this before, but now, when looking a bit ahead, I can see possible ways to add this that could be interesting. I need new things to add to the game, and this could be one thing, taking one form or many.

This poll is just testing the waters to see what people think, to see how much I should allow myself to explore these ideas. So far, I really only have one idea of how to use it that I could describe, and even that idea is very vague.

Reactions: gregers

DragonSlapper

Sep 13, 2019
VERY MINOR BUG: Right after sleeping (with corruption=40), you have the option to take Novice Olenka (encounters - day/Fornication) and spill seed inside, but (weirdly) doing so doesn’t count toward the Planting the Seed quest.

Reactions: Alcahest

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
VERY MINOR BUG: Right after sleeping (with corruption=40), you have the option to take Novice Olenka (encounters - day/Fornication) and spill seed inside, but (weirdly) doing so doesn’t count toward the Planting the Seed quest.
Replaying encounters doesn't count toward quests, as it says when you replay them -- although you have to click continue once to see the message. "Send for a nun" does count toward quests.

DragonSlapper

Sep 13, 2019
Replaying encounters doesn't count toward quests, as it says when you replay them -- although you have to click continue once to see the message. "Send for a nun" does count toward quests.
I don't think that's it. A little later in the game there's a different Novice Olenka replayable event that DOES count towards that quest.

Looking at it now, there's two Encounters with Olenka: "Fornication" and "Fornication2". BOTH end with spilling seed inside but only the second one could be used to satisfy that quest. Before it shows up there's just the one and it puzzlingly doesn't work.

The "replaying encounters doesn't count towards quests" instruction is a bit confusing in that "Encounters" and "Send for a Nun" and "Get Sophia" ALL DO count towards that quest (if you pick a proper sub-option for their completion), but they all only count once per day - the Quest counter resets to zero each night until you successfully finish it.

Last edited:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
I don't think that's it. A little later in the game there's a different Novice Olenka replayable event that DOES count towards that quest.

Looking at it now, there's two Encounters with Olenka: "Fornication" and "Fornication2". BOTH end with spilling seed inside but only the second one could be used to satisfy that quest. Before it shows up there's just the one and it puzzlingly doesn't work.

The "replaying encounters doesn't count towards quests" instruction is a bit confusing in that "Encounters" and "Send for a Nun" and "Get Sophia" ALL DO count towards that quest (if you pick a proper sub-option for their completion), but they all only count once per day - the Quest counter resets to zero each night until you successfully finish it.
I have tested everything now, and I find no issues. I would need a save to show me otherwise.

I played the first encounter with Olenka and it did count toward "planting the seed" quest. But replaying won't, as it shouldn't do. Same thing with the second fornication encounter.

Note that when I say replay, and what counts as replay in the game, is when you have completed the encounter, having it end up in the "Encounters" button, and then playing it from there. The button for the event will be marked with an R in the top left corner. However, failing to fornicate with Olenka the first time(s) you meet her, doesn't mean it will be a replay when you eventually manage to fornicate with her in that encounter. Perhaps this is the cause of the confusion?

Since the quest is to creampie 5 times in a day, the creampie counter will reset every day, yes.

"Send for a nun" will count toward quests when replaying, as it says, but replaying encounters will not, as it says. I don't see a problem here.

Edit: Another source of confusion could be that Olenka also has events in "Send for a nun" and one of them is called "Fornicating".

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2020
I can not go further with Catarina quest. Last entry in the quest log:

''After praying on the possibility of using the long pepper dust on Sister Catarina, you do not yet feel the time is right for such drastic action, with the risk of being detected and everything. You will continue to pray on it.''

How to continue the quest?

N0nsens3

Feb 10, 2022
It has been so much time that I haven't played this game that I'll have to relearn everything again, lol. Anyways, thanks!

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
anyone else getting a constant stream of local storage exceeded errors in this game?
started after a while and now I only have room for using one or two of the save slots so it seems to be getting worse.Now it even started happening on auto save.

It's Chrome fully up to date, so doesn't seem like limit can be increased.

Code:
Uncaught Error: Failed to execute 'setItem' on 'Storage': Setting the value of 'monastery.saves' exceeded the quota.
    at _WebStorageAdapter.value (index.html:53038:60012)
    at _savesObjSave (index.html:53038:278350)
    at Object.value (index.html:53038:282678)
    at Object.enginePlay (index.html:53038:268862)
    at setup.move (eval at call.output.output (index.html:3:140549), <anonymous>:2427:9)
    at HTMLButtonElement.onclick (index.html:1:17)

saucepan35

Jul 30, 2018
local storage woes
Gonna answer my own question. Turns out Chrome uses the same quota for all HTML games you've ever played. But it doesn't actually show the other games in the dev console. WTF.

Better explanation and a simple cleanup tool by HiEV here:

Alcahest

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2017
Gonna answer my own question. Turns out Chrome uses the same quota for all HTML games you've ever played. But it doesn't actually show the other games in the dev console. WTF.

Better explanation and a simple cleanup tool by HiEV here:
Yeah, it sucks but this is unfortunately a user problem, something users have to fix. There's not much most single devs can do about it since it makes little difference unless many devs do the same -- or the dev has massive saves. In the case of The Monastery, full saves are currently about 100 kb. If I spend hours reducing my saves by say 20%, 20kb, that will just delay the inevitable a short while for players to hit the local storage limit.

I've checked a few other html games just to see, and all of them had about the same size as my saves, or much larger in some cases. It's just not worth it to try to save a few bytes here and there. One game I saw (Become Someone) had like 400 kb saves though. That's a lot. It could possibly be easily fixed by reducing the history, or it's not easily fixed.

I don't know how much the number of passages increases save size, but one advantage with my game is that I have very few passages as I reuse them for every location. So despite my game saving essentially all steps of all events ever played, with the date it was played and some other stuff, I only have 100kb after all this time. I was afraid it might become much larger very fast, but it didn't, so I'm very pleased with that.

4.50 star(s) 57 Votes