VN Ren'Py The Moorcock Incident [Dev Thread] - Big Titty Snobbish Girl Slow Corruption

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
So, I followed a tip from a fellow dev's progress thread and gave "lumalabs.ai" a try...

I'm gonna preface this entry with the caveat that I am NOT going to use this tool... not yet anyway.
  • Too expensive for the pro version that allows export without the watermark,
  • too unstable a market to assume it is going to be around for a whole project...
  • can't (yet?) use a LORA or similar to get a certain visual style - it reverts to Dreamworks/Pixar/Disney animation pretty quickly.
  • and as with all Generative AI things, not enough control about what happens to expect a usable result without creating dozens of outputs per time... which at USD$0.40 per output will add up very quickly.
I tried to get it to give me a sequence with the camera dollying around dramatically, showing her face as she realizes the trouble she is now in... of course, it just had to make her lips flap. I blame Disney's lack of chill.

But I gotta say, this is pretty fucking cool, and who knows what's around the corner.

View attachment Luma - Junior science officer Julie sits in the command chair alone and worried, not speaking,...mp4

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
One of the things I enjoy about this stuff is the learning of new skills along the way.

I now know a bit more about using Blender, a lot more about just how much you can do with renpy's image and audio functions, more about using Stable diffusion to modify style of existing images, more about pushing Paint.net way further than you'd guess it was able to go, and just now I learned for the first time about recording and re-encoding a gameplay video. Oh, and of course, I have been using Udio to generate music and then Audacity to fix the track by cutting out the problem bits / stretching some parts longer / adding some careful fades and normalisation.

By the way, all this was done with a 100% open source / free-as-in-beer software pipeline. (For now let's ignore the industrial scale "borrowing" of source material for building up the generative AI models)

The intro is all put together in Renpy, not as a canned video. There are no hard pauses so you can skip through the thing if you want, and I'll add a "has seen intro" flag so the player will get asked if they wanna skip it from 2nd time onward.

Ahem, and so with no further delay, I'd like to share a clip of "The Moorcock Incident" intro sequence...

View attachment The Moorcock Incident - Intro Sequence Sample-1.mp4

Reactions: Olimpia:)
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote