The most overrated and underrated adult games according to you.....

The most overrated games according to you-

• Total voters

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I've gotta chime in for the overrated aspect of Summertime Saga, though not for the content itself but for the delivery of it.
A release every 6 months usually, where the changelog is 200 lines.
"Wow, 200 lines, must be huge."
- Queue in 150 of nitty gritty details about how they changed the underlying mechanics, downright to describing how exactly the functions are coded, along with bugfixes and whatnot.
"Alright, but what about new content?"
"Ah, yeah. There's half a new scene. Enjoy."

I might be exaggerating slightly, but the premise remains the same. It absolutely does not reflect it being the top Patreon earner, having earned about $1.5m so far (ballpark figures ofc, not his accountant).
It's the full force of the avalanche effect where people join merely because tons of people are already supporting it. Or people know just about it and not other games, not sure.

As for underrated games, this is harder because there are games that I like the content but aren't supported as much as I believe they should, and others that are decently supported but don't have enough visibility. Taste is quite subjective.

Or a more objective level, I would say Pale Carnations, even though it's quite the fresh entry.
Mostly in terms of care given to the product.
There's a certain amount of polish in the UI/text/overall presentation that you rarely see in initial releases, if at all.
Summertime Saga, albeit was a more unique version of that form of VN/Game in it's early development, is one of those that milks it's fans... The amount of content that comes out with each update is one of the worst time to content examples out there... And due to the length of time it's been developing, is the only reason it has over inflated numbers... The longer any product continues to exist through highly lengthy production, the more hype it is possible to generate around itself... Negative or Positive hype is still hype...

Just look at Star Citizen... It is still in development, even after making millions of dollars in revenue... Really? It still isn't done after getting all that money and all these years of development time? It is in essence living on it's own hype, perpetually forever, until the day the fans finally get sick of waiting, which may be a while... The same kind of thing is probably happening to Summertime Saga, just not to the same degree... It's been around so long, while still in development, that over time the numbers of peoples looking at it or talking about it have just kept threads at higher and higher numbers over a lengthy amount of time...

It's why I don't use threads as a proper gauge of how a product is doing... Just because people are still keeping a thread alive or talking about it or subjects related to it, does not make it an overall top end product... Or even make it popular... It's just lingering...

Zip

Vengel

Oct 21, 2019
I have a slight (the size of mt. Everest) hunch this is not totally based on it's actual quality.
Edit: words are hard.
This game ... along with a few other really bright examples of disgusting shit will be the thing that will burn this place. Really one email is enough ... to ... let's not invite all of them but just 2 world organisations and all the double standard mods and some so called developers will be hooked on the police line down at the station :) ... the pirate side will only help.

Anyways ... for overrated ... Badik is not only childish ... but idiotic and bland. I don't know who thinks there is writing in that. If you ever saw a turkish or indian tv show ... this is worse ... and it's obvious that he is getting confused in his own mess of millions of useless characters. And he is reaaaaallly on the edge of the child looking characters. I mean ... any second there might be a quick closure coming.

Milfy city is representing the whole segment of incest games ... it's mediocre in every way possible and I think all his patreons deserve the milking. 2 of his main characters are under aged ... I'm surprised none of the angry ex patreons didn't shut the door on this one. The same goes for the "saga something" shit ... and he is not even even a good artist ... back in the days when I was going through art school - dudes like him would be thrown out.
I see only 2 vn-s here that are underrated but they are strictly VN ... no gaming component ... not that the rest have that :)

The truth is ... there is no money in this segment ... otherwise DP,Brazzers and the rest would be all over the place ... vis-a-vis ... bad results. Damn ...Playboy and Hustler have some nice writers ... they could write really cool stories !

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Subtle.. as the kick of a bull XD

I am not here to open this can of worms. Just wanted to leave my mark in the thread, as it will be remembered as the dawn of F95's civil war.
I dunno what you mean :whistle:
And even if I knew anything about it, this thread is just full of different opinions, and opinions differ, so no problem here imo.

Reactions: Ayhsel

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
Retrieving the Past, Heavy Five, Personal Trainer, Avalon, Dog Days of Summer, Alison Fall of the Apple, Reluctant Archon, Vinland, Bad Memories, Becoming a Rockstar and many others.
become a rockstar is not underrated. it has a lot of reviews, a lively thread, a good amount of patreons and very high ratings. same goes with some other games you've mentioned here. its kinda silly calling hugely popular games underrated :cautious:

pity, i was actually interested to hear about hidden gems and not about games whose names circulate through the forum for months and months already.

Reactions: HandofVecna

Wolf Larsen

Feb 25, 2018
I don't like Dr. PinkCake games that much as well. With all due respect to the dev for his efforts, he indeed tries too hard to build a story, but it turns out he's not a professional writer, relying too much on melodrama and romantic cliches. Not exactly a problem if the sex and naughty parts were hot, but they are often neglected, left out as background. Did anyone fapped to Acting Lessons, especially towards the ending?

I also can't understand the appeal of the overlord of Honey Select based games, Harem Motel. HS games are not my cup of tea, but how this one became the top dog bugs me.

Underrated... not sure. Dr. Amana Sexual Therapist hasn't been in the spotlight lately because the dev has been fixing stuff, but it's a nice game. Vinland looks very promising as well. Become a Rockstar is doing alright, it's not too hard to find the thread.

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
Being a DIK would be it for me. It seems completely un-engaging, the sandbox mechanic absolutely sucks ass. I couldn't get further than the intro scene when you get your first sandbox experience before just exiting and deleting. Can't understand the popularity whatsoever.

Under-rated there are plenty, tho recently I got into Fall Fable. Game has gorgeous renders, diverse cast and non obtrusive sandbox with everything explained.

Joraell

Betrayed
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Overrated is simply every game in version like 0.1 or something like that with 50 reviews already (mostly 5stars). Thats a simple and on first view visible sign of overrating. Reviews might be avaiable maybe after 3 months and few releases. But it doesn't matter 50% of them are fake or done on purpose.

From already well knows games or already mentioned here? Definitelly and mostly overrated in every way from all adult games i know is WVM.

Game that is at it's best average. There is nothing that can by called excelent or really good, just average.

Story:
Average writting with average story that goes literally to from nothing to nowhere. And all that "baby here and baby there oh baby baby baby. No that is not Biebers song that's example of communication between two characters in this game.

Art:
underaverage art whole done by POV views mostly without lighting so images is flat as loli's thorax. The game is example of puzzle done in DAZ. You can just take enviroment, put inside 3 characters pick bought poses and hit render. That's it. No added lighting (If in enviroment already have some included), no texture changes and no postprocessing. This can do everybody with beginers tutorial in daz3D. And you even not need good computer on it cause no lighting renders is pretty fast even on potato.
Strange looking models with duckfaces enlarged by all the time POV views.
Animation: There is nothing to talk about. Just forward/backward animation. "inside outside" in POV of course.

I don't have anything against pov, just want to say it is the most easy scene to do.

The rest:
No sounds and If I remember good, there is no music at all.
And with braindead militant toxic community around it as bonus. Nah.

But it have tits and butts. This game is exelent example of how low the standart of this community is. Than you may cry, why there is the still same bad and repeating games. It's just mirror image of you.

Others games have at least something that is really good. Game mechanics, art, story, some games have all of it like CoBD and compared to WVM it is highly underrated. But compared to this WVM is underrated almost every adult game.

PS: This is nothing against Braindrop. He is new dev with his first game and with small experience, and his art, and writting, and everything can get better in time, but this is the thread about just the overrated/overhyped games and his game is best and most visible example of this.

Last edited:

ShangTsung

Aug 6, 2017
This game ... along with a few other really bright examples of disgusting shit will be the thing that will burn this place. Really one email is enough ... to ... let's not invite all of them but just 2 world organisations and all the double standard mods and some so called developers will be hooked on the police line down at the station :) ... the pirate side will only help.

Anyways ... for overrated ... Badik is not only childish ... but idiotic and bland. I don't know who thinks there is writing in that. If you ever saw a turkish or indian tv show ... this is worse ... and it's obvious that he is getting confused in his own mess of millions of useless characters. And he is reaaaaallly on the edge of the child looking characters. I mean ... any second there might be a quick closure coming.

Milfy city is representing the whole segment of incest games ... it's mediocre in every way possible and I think all his patreons deserve the milking. 2 of his main characters are under aged ... I'm surprised none of the angry ex patreons didn't shut the door on this one. The same goes for the "saga something" shit ... and he is not even even a good artist ... back in the days when I was going through art school - dudes like him would be thrown out.
I see only 2 vn-s here that are underrated but they are strictly VN ... no gaming component ... not that the rest have that :)

The truth is ... there is no money in this segment ... otherwise DP,Brazzers and the rest would be all over the place ... vis-a-vis ... bad results. Damn ...Playboy and Hustler have some nice writers ... they could write really cool stories !
I am 100% with you about the fact that we MUST HAVE a ZERO TOLERANCE policy about anything that even looks underage, a lot of games here doesn't respect that, and i don't understand what the admins or even patreon are doing, the day will come where all of this is gonna blow up badly if nothing is done.

But i don't agree with you about Being a Dik, every character in this game is adult looking without exception, the majority are college freshmen so don't expect them to look thirty.

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
I like BaDIK for being one of the few ultra-popular games here with no trace of incest. Seriously, it's weird that despite not being into the kink, most of my favourite games here (StS, Urban Demons, Solvalley School) feature incest, because that's how common it is. Sure, DPC's writing isn't going to win any awards, but you could say that about any game here. The genre really hasn't yet reached a high point where we can say, 'this is the benchmark, everyone else needs to step their game up'. Even something as well-crafted as City of Broken Dreamers - if you pull back and look at the overall story, it's pretty standard. If I read it in a collection of sci-fi short stories, it'd probably be one of the weaker ones. Maybe that's inevitable when you transfer interactive fiction to standard story form, but still. And that's one of the better-written games here.

Anyway, since I seem to like most of the usual suspects for overrated, and haven't bothered playing the rest, don't think I'm the best judge. Then again, when something in mainstream culture is overrated, I get bombarded with it. Having to hear that bland trending song every time I go out to a bar/club or turn on the radio, that shit can really get to you after a point. Here, I'm not even going to be properly exposed to a game (no matter how popular), unless I decide to go into its thread, so the concept of being overrated doesn't really register as much.

Underrated... I would have said stuff like Light of my Life and Heavy Five, but they have loyal followings and a healthy review count/score, so I guess they're fine. There are some more recent low-key games I've liked, such as Superheroes Suck and Fall Fable; would like to see their audience grow. Void's Calling as well - I'd played Twists of my Life a while ago, and didn't even know the dev had started a new game, much less that it had a decent amount of content at this point. Edit: Forgot about Love of Magic, didn't realise the patronage was that comparatively low for a game of its quality.

Last edited:

Vengel

Oct 21, 2019
I am 100% with you about the fact that we MUST HAVE a ZERO TOLERANCE policy about anything that even looks underage, a lot of games here doesn't respect that, and i don't understand what the admins or even patreon are doing, the day will come where all of this is gonna blow up badly if nothing is done.

But i don't agree with you about Being a Dik, every character in this game is adult looking without exception, the majority are college freshmen so don't expect them to look thirty.
Yeah ... that's why I wrote - on the edge ... you gotta admit the whole idea of college freshman is kind of a slippery slope.
Anyways ... this genre is dead a long time ago ... "Friends" proved that 25+ and 30+ years old people are more interesting than teens or college retards like in American Pie.

SeventhVixen

Game Developer
Jan 13, 2019
Overrated/underrated conversation is a hard one when everyone is talking about different things (popularity/Patreon number/economic success/number of updates/number of ratings on f95/real production quality/Overrated in this comunity Or Outside this comunity)

Most popular things can have low quality. Well, kinda usually happens.

Anthem cost 60 bucks on launch, has a rating thru the floor, but has earned more money than all patreon nsfw games. To play fair talking about sfw games; "Anthem was the fifth best-selling game of 2019 up until the end of August". Selling so much, one could think was overrated? No.. because bad ratings. Just more easy to buy than lots of less marketed games. So we can say that the brand is more popular than of other better games.

In the other dial: Some can say Shenmue games are overly overrated by their fans, but at the same time they're a niche that practically nobody care. So is unpopular and overrated at the same time? Yes, that can happen.

So back in the NSFW world, games like milfy city and STS have such visibility and traction than their popularity can have nothing to do with being overrated, no matter what you think of their quality.

So when is fair to really talk about overrated or underrated? Well... that conversation requires putting some rules of play first xD

But a basic thing... In this community are usually much more vocal (Leaving more reviews for example) people that enjoy games the more closer to a typical VN the game is. You see a lot less of reviews for Flash games,/Rpg games, even if they can be more popular outside this community (looking for example at patreon numbers talking about popularity).

In my opinion Bambook games are underrated in this forum (his fuckerman collection has 10 reviews...). but at the same time has more than 1000 patrons (90th most patrons on PatreonNSFW games). Is underrated here? Possibly when hearing what is talked here... Barely have reviews nor post movement. Is Overrated ouside? Not sure. What means being overrated? Earning more than X bucks per X hour worked in the game?
I like Bambook games. I care if is underrated here? No. I play his games, have fun. xD

Wolf Larsen

Feb 25, 2018
WVM might have been overrated at some point, but it has received an inflow of bad ratings lately.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Overrated/underrated conversation is a hard one when everyone is talking about different things (popularity/Patreon number/economic success/number of updates/number of ratings on f95/real production quality/Overrated in this comunity Or Outside this comunity)

Most popular things can have low quality. Well, kinda usually happens.

Anthem cost 60 bucks on launch, has a rating thru the floor, but has earned more money than all patreon nsfw games. To play fair talking about sfw games; "Anthem was the fifth best-selling game of 2019 up until the end of August". Selling so much, one could think was overrated? No.. because bad ratings. Just more easy to buy than lots of less marketed games. So we can say that the brand is more popular than of other better games.

In the other dial: Some can say Shenmue games are overly overrated by their fans, but at the same time they're a niche that practically nobody care. So is unpopular and overrated at the same time? Yes, that can happen.

So back in the NSFW world, games like milfy city and STS have such visibility and traction than their popularity can have nothing to do with being overrated, no matter what you think of their quality.

So when is fair to really talk about overrated or underrated? Well... that conversation requires putting some rules of play first xD

But a basic thing... In this community are usually much more vocal (Leaving more reviews for example) people that enjoy games the more closer to a typical VN the game is. You see a lot less of reviews for Flash games,/Rpg games, even if they can be more popular outside this community (looking for example at patreon numbers talking about popularity).

In my opinion Bambook games are underrated in this forum (his fuckerman collection has 10 reviews...). but at the same time has more than 1000 patrons (90th most patrons on PatreonNSFW games). Is underrated here? Possibly when hearing what is talked here... Barely have reviews nor post movement. Is Overrated ouside? Not sure. What means being overrated? Earning more than X bucks per X hour worked in the game?
I like Bambook games. I care if is underrated here? No. I play his games, have fun. xD
I am gonna sound like a douchebag here but I don't think reviews are fair comparison either. Most of reviewers fail to understand than most games are in development. What right now makes no sense can be totally fantastic in the end. A perfect example of this is the novel I am legend (the movie sucks). A barely passable novel written just to make a great ending. At the same time, I think most people have seen things which quality have diminished over time, sometimes very strongly.

What makes matters worse is that different novels are at different moments in the production and different developers focus on different stuff at different times, so is like comparing oranges and apples (reviews are always comparisons, the 5 star system is irrelevant if there is nothing else to compare to).

So in the end, reviews are just a simple picture different people took of the progress of the novel at different point in time with unfinished plots.

And yes, of course you also have the extreme bias, were people only voice their opinions if the loved or hate the novel. You would need somebody making reviews for pretty much everything or at least a person which review-making decision is not correlated with their opinion. Somebody that writes a review if they flip a coin and is heads.

But hey, those are my feeling about reviews here. That is why I don't review anything.

Last edited:

Wolf Larsen

Feb 25, 2018
That's why you should pay attention to the date that the review was written. Something that started well might have gone downhill, something that started slowly might have become better. I have seen many examples here of people commenting "the game started great, you can see that the earlier positive reviews were overwhelmingly positive, but now it sucks". However, if something started bad but might have become better later, it still shows a serious flaw in being inconsistent regarding quality in my opinion.

And speaking of opinions, that's what reviews are, subjective opinions of all kinds of people ("de gustibus non est disputandum"). It wouldn't be very smart using one review that you just stumbled across as the absolute truth, but you can at least use them as some kind of reference, using your criteria.

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
WVM might have been overrated at some point, but it has received an inflow of bad ratings lately.
WVM is actually really interesting as far as reviews go. It was rated at 4.8 stars when it was around 100 ratings, but the rating has fallen to 4.3 stars since then and almost all of those bad ratings are because of the writing. Like I said earlier, I like the game, but the overly perfect MC and all the girls being gushy over him is a bit much at times. It's clearly made for people who want to immerse as the MC, but for people like myself who typically don't immerse as the MC, it's a little cringy.

Since most of this thread has been about overrated games, here are a few underrated ones.

https://f95zone.to/threads/dr-amana-sexual-therapist-v1-1-5-ianvs.7679/
Has a lot of nice girls with different personalities, each of them have 2 paths and the art and writing are both really solid. The dev even managed to make code that will code the game.

https://f95zone.to/threads/lucky-paradox-v0-4-02-stawer.33740/
This can be argued as the best HS game on here IMO. It has a interesting story and the girls are all distinct and beautiful. The closest thing to Harem Hotel, the most popular HS game around.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-knights-tale-v0-10-special-edition-neverlucky.35814/
This game is super sweet and if you like drama-free romance games, you'll like this. It's only 3.4 stars, which is at least .6 stars too low IMO.

HandofVecna

Sep 4, 2018
Opinions are like a-holes everyone has one. I tend to play all these games, so me saying they are overrated, doesn't mean they are bad.

OR: WMV, Avalon, Picture Perfect, anything RPGM, Leap of Faith, The Professor, Bad Teacher, Haley, Pine Falls, Daughter for Desert, Lewd Island, Alexandra, Lancaster Boarding House, BB, Dreams of Desire, My Best Deal, Insexual Awaking (This game I don't even know how people play it).

UR: High Rise Climb (I know inconsistent updates), Hard News, Dr Amana, Chains of Pleasure, Lexi, No More Secrets, Banking on Bella, Echos of Lust, Fall Fable, The Red Burns, Long Story Short and probably others.

Reactions: BrokenDreams

blabbolo

Mar 18, 2019
It's clearly made for people who want to immerse as the MC, but for people like myself who typically don't immerse as the MC, it's a little cringy.
Speaking from someone who plays the games to immerse as the mc WMV is unbearable, the mc is reborn christ and can do no wrong, every girl adores him because he was nice to them, the creepy girlfiend asking you to fuck other girls is so bad, is like "you are so good and perfect that i can't give you enough so you should fuck other girls" and you never play fucking basketball.