VN Ren'Py The Necromancer Arises [v0.04] [Whiteleaf Studio]

4.00 star(s) 10 Votes

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Aoi, the half Japanese hunter that MC meets, has an issue. Whenever she is on the left, her burn scar is on the wrong side of the face.

Reactions: tehfish

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
No. Zombie = rotting flesh, infected.

She's basically a living spirit, pure.
I think you need to read up on zombies.
The definition of zombies (due to either woodoo or infection) is, they are dead, reanimated corpses, and here's the giveaway:

They don't have a heartbeat.

They have no functioning respiratory system, and they do not need a heart to pump blood. They also decay, as you write it, rot, but it is due to their flesh, sinews and muscles being functionally dead.

Oh, you call the game "The Necromancer Arises". Guess what necromancy is? Communication with the dead. So, either she's dead, or you need to re-write the story.

Whiteleaf Studio

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2019
I think you need to read up on zombies.
The definition of zombies (due to either woodoo or infection) is, they are dead, reanimated corpses, and here's the giveaway:

They don't have a heartbeat.

They have no functioning respiratory system, and they do not need a heart to pump blood. They also decay, as you write it, rot, but it is due to their flesh, sinews and muscles being functionally dead.

Oh, you call the game "The Necromancer Arises". Guess what necromancy is? Communication with the dead. So, either she's dead, or you need to re-write the story.
She does have a heartbeat, and blood. Her vagina would not get wet very good otherwise.

"Oh, you call the game "The Necromancer Arises". Guess what necromancy is? Communication with the dead. So, either she's dead, or you need to re-write the story."

I need to? Do I?

Enishiiz

Jul 1, 2020
Wearing all black like an emo weeb is not dripped out lol
Clearly my inside joke went over your head mate. To spell it out for you, the game is seemingly inspired by Solo Leveling and among readers of that series there's a running joke that the main character is a drip king. And there ain't nothing wrong black clothes if you can pull it off and it looks good. Neo made that all black drip look damn good back in the day. Granted, Columbine kind of forever ruined the Neo look but still. That was like peak cool when I was a kid...

• Haha
Reactions: TiffanyMonroe

DearLegend37

Compressor
Dec 20, 2019
Nice. Always liked your games, even tamas awakening which had mind control (I find it cool sometimes but in general not much of a fan) I still somewhat liked it.
I kinda hope it doesn't have it on this one but even if there is I'll still play I guess. I'm a sucker for 2d art wincest...

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
She does have a heartbeat, and blood. Her vagina would not get wet very good otherwise.

"Oh, you call the game "The Necromancer Arises". Guess what necromancy is? Communication with the dead. So, either she's dead, or you need to re-write the story."

I need to? Do I?
I think it is fine.
I like that she is reanimated as a living entity
since I am not into corpses.

4xx4

Dec 1, 2022
When a nanotrasen head of security and an assistant are in the cover art you know it's gonna be good lmfao.

Reactions: jetama

4xx4

Dec 1, 2022
Bro you're reading too much occult. Calm down it's a fucking hentai game.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I feel like I have the same problem with this game as I do with Dawn Of Malice, the girls just feel kind of ...uninspired? They are all very safe choices, that are pretty bland, escpecially for the "monster girls." The games not bad or anything, but a step down from Tamas for sure IMO

Whiteleaf Studio

Game Developer
Oct 20, 2019
I feel like I have the same problem with this game as I do with Dawn Of Malice, the girls just feel kind of ...uninspired? They are all very safe choices, that are pretty bland, escpecially for the "monster girls." The games not bad or anything, but a step down from Tamas for sure IMO
tell me more. There's only one "monster girl" so far, btw.

What do you think would make the girls less "unispired"? So that I can fix it.

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
tell me more. There's only one "monster girl" so far, btw.

What do you think would make the girls less "unispired"? So that I can fix it.
Thats the thing, its kind of hard to put into words. On paper they are all conceptually different, while admittedly pretty cliche, but there is a lot of variation anatomically, at least more then most games. But IDK they just feel like they have less character to them. I think a lot of it has to do with the art feeling a lot flatter in this game then in Tamas. The darks are not pushed as well as they were in this game, causing the characters to look similar despite not being so, almost like corporate memphis, ofc not anywhere near as egregious as that. An then to a lesser extent that the designs themselves just arent as good as Tamas, again I can really only think as to describe them as safe.

Also don't go redesigning characters just because of me (Unless I guess you agree with everything?), im only one guy. At most just take it as something to think about

Last edited:

HarveyD

Oct 15, 2017
The art is good but the dialogue needs a bit of work. Feels pretty cringe and doesn't flow very well.

4.00 star(s) 10 Votes