Mod Cheat Mod Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales - LaikDink's Walkthrough/Cheat/Improvement/Gallery Unlocker Mod [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

KopengaKris

Sep 21, 2018
If you are on a straight Kaija path and you elect not to choose the 'All,' which I never choose for non-harem games because sooner or later it's most likely going to bite you in the ass when later on the code expects an either/or but if it sees both, you are going to get thrown errors. Anyhow, if on a straight Kaija path and decline the date with Fiona and DO NOT choose 'mod: ALL,' you still get penalized with Kaija. This happens when you go to the gym to train with Kaija
if b1_ch3_sc4_fi_date_li == True or modb1ch3 == False:
$ LPkaija -= 1

modb1ch3 will get flagged as True 'IF' you choose 'All,' when deciding between shopping with Anissa, date with Fiona or returning to Templar headquarters. If you want the All, then shouldn't the above statement modb1ch3 == False be changed to true? It makes no sense to get penalized for not trying to turn a non harem game to harem
There's a few things in the mod that needs to be corrected, mainly varibles. At the moment the mod locks out Helena path, Fiona or Anissa (greyed out) and as you mentioned losing "points" with Kaija. I'm sure LaikDink will figure it out. Until then we just have to wait for a patch or fix.

Reactions: retnavgunner

retnavgunner

Jul 3, 2018
There's a few things in the mod that needs to be corrected, mainly varibles. At the moment the mod locks out Helena path, Fiona or Anissa (greyed out) and as you mentioned losing "points" with Kaija. I'm sure LaikDink will figure it out. Until then we just have to wait for a patch or fix.
I only mentioned it because I hadn't seen it mentioned previously, so I have no idea if it was even known. Never had problems with the others because as I mentioned, I never choose the 'All.' option and I haven't even played the Anissa route. Haven't tried the flirt with everything that moves route, again without choosing All, so then again, I haven't a clue of other errors. Now I'm off for an un-modded run, so maybe I will be enlightened, Cheers.

Reactions: KopengaKris

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Can you show more pictures plz? About the scenes that suppose to appear.

KopengaKris

Sep 21, 2018
Can you show more pictures plz? About the scenes that suppose to appear.
1st screenshot: Here's the first error. Picking the Mod: All option skips the Helena date at the bar and her masturbation scene (path closed). Go alone option triggers meeting Alissa at the bar and her sex scene. So the Mod: All option ONLY triggers the Call Elea scene and skips Helena and Alissa.

2nd screenshot: Since the Mod: All option did't work you've never met Anissa, so her option is greyed out (path closed). Sure, the shopping scene triggers, but she just calls you out of the blue when you don't even know each other.

LaikDink Fixing the triggers (options) "Ask Helena if she wants to come" and "Go alone" on the Mod: All option in the 1st screenshot should fix everything.
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png

Last edited:
Reactions: ZakMacc

KopengaKris

Sep 21, 2018
I only mentioned it because I hadn't seen it mentioned previously, so I have no idea if it was even known. Never had problems with the others because as I mentioned, I never choose the 'All.' option and I haven't even played the Anissa route. Haven't tried the flirt with everything that moves route, again without choosing All, so then again, I haven't a clue of other errors. Now I'm off for an un-modded run, so maybe I will be enlightened, Cheers.
Yeah, there's only one Mod: All option that's broken, but it closes the Helena and Anissa path and you miss 2 lewd scenes. Sex with Anissa and solo masturbation scene with Helena, so it's a pretty big deal if your into them both. Me, I use the mod so I get to see all content in one playthrough and not use alot of saves for each path. To lazy to stick to one LI (path) in each playthrough. ;)

KopengaKris

Sep 21, 2018
1st screenshot: Here's the first error. Picking the Mod: All option skips the Helena date at the bar and her masturbation scene (path closed). Go alone option triggers meeting Alissa at the bar and her sex scene. So the Mod: All option ONLY triggers the Call Elea scene and skips Helena and Alissa.

2nd screenshot: Since the Mod: All option did't work you've never met Anissa, so her option is greyed out (path closed). Sure, the shopping scene triggers, but she just calls you out of the blue when you don't even know each other.

LaikDink Fixing the triggers (options) "Ask Helena if she wants to come" and "Go alone" on the Mod: All option in the 1st screenshot should fix everything.
View attachment 2715434 View attachment 2715443

LaikDink These are the skipped scenes that don't happen when you click on the Mod: All option
screenshot0001.png screenshot0002.png screenshot0003.png screenshot0004.png

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018

Updated: 20/06/2023
Game/Creator: The Neverwhere Tales/ Ceolag - -
Modder: LaikDink
Mod Version: 0.3.0
Game Version: 0.3.0
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Download:

View attachment 2367601 View attachment 2367614 View attachment 2367621 View attachment 2367755
Fixed some missing scenes

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018

Updated: 08/12/2023
Game/Creator: The Neverwhere Tales/ Ceolag - -
Modder: LaikDink
Mod Version: 0.4.0
Game Version: 0.4.0
Language: English

Features:

Installation:

Download:

View attachment 2367601 View attachment 2367614 View attachment 2367621 View attachment 2367755
Updated to v0.4.0

WhY NoT?!

Sep 2, 2019
LaikDink, I've seen some problems with the script.
It's my first time playing the game and I had to start a new game. Almost every 1-2 min I get an error "An exception has occurred", "Type error". This is just an example, and not the only one... but I have seen that almost all of them are the thoughts of the MC.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/code/chapters/b1_ch1.rpy", line 3033, in script
    kja "They are called {it}The Reasonable Men{/it}. One of the toughest groups you can hire."
TypeError: sequence item 1: expected str instance, Text found

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    kja "They are called {it}The Reasonable Men{/it}. One of the toughest groups you can hire."
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 901, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 914, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 653, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3376, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3814, in interact_core
    renpy.display.focus.before_interact(focus_roots)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\focus.py", line 408, in before_interact
    set_focused(f, argument, screen)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\focus.py", line 190, in set_focused
    renpy.display.tts.displayable(widget)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\tts.py", line 223, in displayable
    s = d._tts_all()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 766, in _tts_all
    return self._tts_common()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 728, in _tts_common
    speech = i._tts()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1193, in _tts
    return self._tts_common(reverse=renpy.config.tts_front_to_back)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 728, in _tts_common
    speech = i._tts()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 763, in _tts
    speech = i._tts()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1195, in _tts
    speech = i._tts()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 759, in _tts
    speech = i._tts()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1195, in _tts
    speech = i._tts()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1844, in _tts
    rv = renpy.text.extras.filter_alt_text(rv)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\text\extras.py", line 214, in filter_alt_text
    return "".join(rv)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.0.22062402
The Neverwhere Tales 0.4.0
Sat Dec  9 20:36:15 2023

soadeths

Dec 4, 2021
LaikDink, I've seen some problems with the script.
It's my first time playing the game and I had to start a new game. Almost every 1-2 min I get an error "An exception has occurred", "Type error". This is just an example, and not the only one... but I have seen that almost all of them are the thoughts of the MC.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 901, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1373, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1253, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 914, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\character.py", line 653, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3376, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3814, in interact_core
    renpy.display.focus.before_interact(focus_roots)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\focus.py", line 408, in before_interact
    set_focused(f, argument, screen)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\focus.py", line 190, in set_focused
    renpy.display.tts.displayable(widget)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\tts.py", line 223, in displayable
    s = d._tts_all()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 766, in _tts_all
    speech = i._tts()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1193, in _tts
    return self._tts_common(reverse=renpy.config.tts_front_to_back)
    speech = i._tts()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 763, in _tts
    speech = i._tts()
    speech = i._tts()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 759, in _tts
    speech = i._tts()
    speech = i._tts()
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1844, in _tts
    rv = renpy.text.extras.filter_alt_text(rv)
  File "C:\Users\gBr\Downloads\TheNeverwhereTales-0.4.0-pc\renpy\text\extras.py", line 214, in filter_alt_text
    return "".join(rv)

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.0.22062402
The Neverwhere Tales 0.4.0
Sat Dec  9 20:36:15 2023
I have exactly the same problem, every time I {/it} {i} etc there is an error (EU computer)

Sennistrasz

Oct 6, 2020
Since we have to choose, is it possible to label friend paths? Or if anyone just has a list of choices so that I’m in the friend path instead of accidentally double dipping.