VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
View attachment 3378917

Maybe to you Joshy but I have some bad news for you, it's not the same for her. As she said, this is who she is and you have to accept it as it is. Are you not gonna grant her wish? What kind of simp are you? :unsure:
I never thought of it like that.

It's no matter though because I will always be by Kaija's side.
Giving her my support and unconditional love 24/7

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Ah, okay then. We are on the same page.

Btw, You haven't played the game yet, right? If so, try it when you have time for it. It's really good. :)
It's downloaded and ready to go, but I have two others that are ahead of it right now - one where I've almost finished the update, and another that has a single update on "chapter 1" and then about three installments into "chapter 2".

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
ch5_preview_22.png

Hey everyone,

Nothing spectacular to announce today... which is probably a good thing these weeks.
I made some good progress this week and reached the animation-heavy parts of the current scenes I'm working on.
So the next week, and probably the week after, will be mostly animation work.

To avoid dragging things out unnecessarily, the numbers for this week are:
94 new static renders for a total of 689
4 new animations for a total of 8
100 new lines in the script file for a total of 1957

Looking at the numbers and having in mind that I'm not even halfway through the chapter it's safe to say, that Chapter 5 will be bigger than Chapter 4.

Have a nice weekend.
Cheers,
Ceolag

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
Australia the nanny state doesn't let us have anything that might break a fingernail these days. I'm surprised we are still allow kitchen knives.
Yeah. Everything there wants to kill you and you're not allowed to have anything to protect yourself.

"Don't step on that spider, mate. That'll be 2 years in prison."

I doubt it's that^^ bad, but I hear ya. Fuckin governments.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Yeah. Everything there wants to kill you and you're not allowed to have anything to protect yourself.

Down with Spider-Kaija!

And no Ceolag that's not an invitation to make some weird ass render...

Last edited:

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

You must have posted just as the purge was happening and got missed. ;)

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
View attachment 3379319

Hey everyone,

Nothing spectacular to announce today... which is probably a good thing these weeks.
I made some good progress this week and reached the animation-heavy parts of the current scenes I'm working on.
So the next week, and probably the week after, will be mostly animation work.

To avoid dragging things out unnecessarily, the numbers for this week are:
94 new static renders for a total of 689
4 new animations for a total of 8
100 new lines in the script file for a total of 1957

Looking at the numbers and having in mind that I'm not even halfway through the chapter it's safe to say, that Chapter 5 will be bigger than Chapter 4.

Have a nice weekend.
Cheers,
Ceolag
Another week, another set of those lovely numbers. Looks like Ceolag's overall average is now approximately 93 static renders, 1.1 animations and 260 lines per week since work on chapter 5 officially began. Here are the charts:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's nice to see the animation totals shoot up like that; clearly the logistical layout of a chapter has a big impact on the pace of progress in a given category. Other than that it looks like there's not much to note. It's not too surprising the next update will be larger than the last, and it's too soon to guess at how much larger it might be. Nothing to do for now but get comfortable and continue to wait patiently.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Well, I don't mind endin the tyrrany of the Templars though.
What tyranny? They're a hidden society that seems to specialize in organizational paralysis. It's unclear they could dominate the local coffee shop even if the MC's father was around to break ties.

Btw, I don't agree with you. Putting a ring does not mean being loyal or vice versa. People either are loyal or not, everything else is making excuses. If you catch your significant other cheating on you and as a revenge you also cheat, you are a cheater too. Other party not being faithful does not negate the fact you are also being unfaithful. ;):)
I don't think you're entitled to someone's secrets just because you're dating them, especially not secrets that could literally get people killed. As ThorinKing said, the ring is symbolic because marriage is generally considered the most significant commitment you can make to another person; that's the point at which all your cards should be on the table (even if a few of them have to be kept face down for security purposes).

Kaija and the MC weren't even officially dating, so I don't find it surprising she didn't spill the beans on the hidden world to the MC. That's a life-changing revelation if ever there was one. If their relationship had continued to deepen then I agree there would come a point where she'd have to confess the full truth, but they weren't there yet. From what the game shows, it's unclear whether they would ever have gotten there had fate not intervened.

IMHO, the only truth Kaija absolutely owed the MC at the start of the game was to be honest about her feelings for him. Unfortunately, her honesty on that crucial matter is retroactively governed by our choices, which makes it very complicated to assess her blame in a consistent manner. :confused:

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
On the Love path Kaija say's she has feeling for the MC, just not shure if it was when she tells him the first time, or when they talk on the bench later.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes