VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes
Oct 10, 2022
Steph and Ana are good comparisons to Kaija, but Cassandra is not. There's a big difference between taking advantage of someone and actively trying to destroy them. Cassandra not only deceived her MC, she deliberately stole his life's work and career opportunity, leaving with nothing - to the point he nearly killed himself. Then, when she learned he was trying to rebuild his life, she badmouthed him to prospective employers just for fun.
I was comparing them on betrayal front. I think Steph is much better than others too. Cassandra had her reasons, she even thought she was right. Probably same as Kaija she had problems with her family which lay the path.

That's a level of malice even the MC's parents in this game can't match.
I am not entirely sure about this. His mother tried to hide things even after everything revealed. MC has every right to despise Templars but when he makes a joke on Eric, she tried to shut MC up. She even blamed MC(using the verb loosely here) for Paul's death. If they somehow convinced to push MC to near suicide, they'd do it in a heatbeat.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
Oh wait, that's right, her trying to kill the MC was their entire history together. Never mind. Back to the stake with her!
Actually, no. It wasn't. She tried to seduce him first. She was already in a very bad emotional state and when he refused her, she became confused and attacked him. :ROFLMAO:

Maviarab

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 12, 2020
This does raise one of the real questions though: if the MC has 0 points with Kaija, did he actually love her? I'm inclined to think not. The two clearly weren't on the same page in terms of how they like being treated and aren't especially forgiving of the others' habits. Given the retroactive backstory at play, it seems likely the MC's attitude towards Kaija was as tepid as her attitude towards him.
I don't think it does or says that at all and the dialogue itself shows that. I think you're projecting there in all honesty.

It's shown, very clearly, the MC is starting to get fed up with the way Kaija treats him and the relationship. So at the start, sure, he becoming miffed at her never being around. Perfectly normal if you ask me from anyone in any relationship. So getting zero points with her, due to in all reality, quite innocent actions...is not a reflection of the MC never caring.

If anything, with what we are presented, he cares more than she does, and are probably only still together because of the MC.

Dark Silence

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 17, 2021
What's wrong with Kaija wanting to kill the MC? Maybe it's a preview of what it's like to live as a couple, especially when you have to pay the rent, right? :unsure: :CAKE:
Umm What? We were talkin about the poor succubus. Kaija's a lost cause.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
This does raise one of the real questions though: if the MC has 0 points with Kaija, did he actually love her? I'm inclined to think not. The two clearly weren't on the same page in terms of how they like being treated and aren't especially forgiving of the others' habits. Given the retroactive backstory at play, it seems likely the MC's attitude towards Kaija was as tepid as her attitude towards him.
It is very, very, VERY easy to get 0 points currently.
1-2 points if you're being nice.

Have sex with Kaija.
Get mad at her for leaving again (chuck it down to stress and yet another fight because she's always away)
Call or Don't call her while she's at work.
Tell her to be careful once she comes to help with mercenaries.

There you go, realistic relationship and yet 0-1 points, and hard "friend" route.
Even best couples fight sometimes, having 1 point doesn't mean MC didn't care about her.

You know how I got my "friend" route on 1st playthrough? By role-playing MC in a relationship that's going through rough period. Gave her call at work and told her to be careful during the fight.
I genuinely went into this one expecting to like her.

2 points end of chapter 1. "Yeah, sorry mate, you're just a friend to me".
And thus, my eternal love for Kaija was born.

Ceolag mentioned he's changing chapter 1 choice for sex, so it will give 1 point (I think that's the change, too lazy to search for that comment), so after chapter 5 is out those choices will net 3 points, which is love route.

Kargan3033

Jan 2, 2020
Hey how do you give a thumbs up on the rule's section of this game's discord server? I tried everything and I don't have the op to give a thumbs up to agree with the rules.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Do we have the option of genocding the elves with what was said at the end of the last release?
Just to note, they could wipe out humanity without much trouble.

as long as I can get rid of the Templars too as im sure both sides deserve it
And that would probably cause a human genocide.

There is no way the world is ready to deal with demons and incredibly powerful magic users as well as any other races in one of the many worlds attached to Neverwhere.

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I'm not so sure about that, from what I have gathered the Templars are far less evil then the knife eared three fuckers, also humans before elves always.
could still rebuild the Templars im just asking to get rid of the Templars not the humans. They need a change in leadership at the very least I think that's a fair trade. But im keeping Kaija alive after all she is my #1 in this game :) no down with Kaija from me

4.40 star(s) 37 Votes