VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
If people want to bitch about Kaija so much they should at least play her love path to better understand things first.
I ended up on her "friends" path on my first playthrough and it's forever tainted her as a LI for me. :HideThePain:

If she hadn't started out as the MC's girlfriend then she would be much more tolerable. I don't see why she had to fake a relationship with him when they were already close friends.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I ended up on her "friends" path on my first playthrough and it's forever tainted her as a LI for me. :HideThePain:

If she hadn't started out as the MC's girlfriend then she would be much more tolerable. I don't see why she had to fake a relationship with him when they were already close friends.
cause the Templars ordered her to isn't anything more than that. That is where it also differs a bit depending on your path. On the love path she fought against the order and only became the MC's GF later when she wanted if I recall correctly.

Reactions: xapican

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
cause the Templars ordered her to isn't anything more than that. That is where it also differs a bit depending on your path. On the love path she fought against the order and only became the MC's GF later when she wanted if I recall correctly.
As far as I remember, Kaija started dating the MC because she thought it would make her job easier, on both paths. The only difference is that she developed romantic feelings for him on the love path.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I don't see why she had to fake a relationship with him when they were already close friends.
Maybe she didn't faked it and it was her way to give MC an easy opt out on that route, because obviously their relationship was a little bit tensed as you can see when you don't get the early relationship points. You've to act more cold towards her to get on her "it was just friendship" path. Acting cold isn't helpful in a relationship. What if she does love him but recognized her jobs hurts MC and their relationship way too much and with the truth about being a Templar on the table, she decided to sacrifice herself to give MC the opportunity to start new?

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
As far as I remember, Kaija started dating the MC because she thought it would make her job easier, on both paths. The only difference is that she developed romantic feelings for him on the love path.
Maybe my interpretation is a bit different then or I just simply forgot something been awhile and I do need to replay anyways whenever the update drops. But damn if that's the case kind of weird and pointless to fight against the order on the love path if she is going to do it anyways only to make her job easier. My interpretation always been she never did it to make her job easier on the love path but did it cause it was something she actually wanted but of course she be a fool not to use it to her advantage for her work too.

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Maybe she didn't faked it and it was her way to give MC an easy opt out on that route, because obviously their relationship was a little bit tensed as you can see when you don't get the early relationship points. You've to act more cold towards her to get on her "it was just friendship" path. Acting cold isn't helpful in a relationship. What if she does love him but recognized her jobs hurts MC and their relationship way too much and with the truth about being a Templar on the table, she decided to sacrifice herself to give MC the opportunity to start new?
That's a really interesting take that I never considered and fits the dialogue I have seen. Certainly something I'm going to keep in my mind in future playthroughs. Thanks.

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022
That's the thing, I didn't even act cold towards her. I slapped her ass and fucked her in the bathroom which lost me 2 points (I think) and then I got angry with her over the phone, which to me, seemed reasonable because she was constantly away on 'business trips' or whatever. So I ended up with 2/5 points for Kaija, putting me on her friend path.

Maybe my interpretation is a bit different then or I just simply forgot something been awhile and I do need to replay anyways whenever the update drops. But damn if that's the case kind of weird and pointless to fight against the order on the love path if she is going to do it anyways only to make her job easier. My interpretation always been she never did it to make her job easier on the love path but did it cause it was something she actually wanted but of course she be a fool not to use it to her advantage for her work too.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't think this part changes on the love path but I might be wrong.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
That's the thing, I didn't even act cold towards her. I slapped her ass and fucked her in the bathroom which lost me 2 points (I think) and then I got angry with her over the phone, which to me, seemed reasonable because she was constantly away on 'business trips' or whatever. So I ended up with 2/5 points for Kaija, putting me on her friend path.

I don't think this part changes on the love path but I might be wrong.
haha got me to do a speed run yeah it's slightly different. I think it's up to personal interpretation on the love path since the line where she said she did it cause it made things easier isn't there.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
She's best girl: she was willing to sacrifice her future and her happiness for MC rather than continue to honor her oath to the Templars and just let things play out.
She lied at first, but then broke her oath to protect him when shit hit the fan. Until that time, honoring her oath didn't put MC in danger and allowed him to live a life free of the pressures of being the Templar leader's son. He was blissful and at peace. Then things changed, and she placed him above her oath.
I honestly think most folks so salty about her, consciously or not, are mostly pissed that she made a decision that a man would have made under the same circumstances, but that it was the woman doing the protecting and the man being protected - it doesn't fit with the "natural order". Not saying it's outright, hard misogyny, but the "soft misogyny" that the man is the protector and must always know everything and it's a betrayal of the natural order of things if a woman makes such a decision - a decision that would seem stoic and heroic if made by the man. It's the same ingrained hindbrain kind of thing that makes a man hesitate just slightly more when it's a woman with a gun on him than when it's a man: we're wired to protect the women and children, not harm them, even if they're about to murder us or someone else. Some will screech at that assessment (I'm not like that at all!!!!!!), but I'm pretty sure the science of it is on my side. ;)
Maybe "misogyny" is the wrong word - too strong. Chauvinism might be better.
Nahhhhh.gif

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Couldn't agree more Xapi. A character that evokes such emotion is a masterpiece of writing. She is an amazing character (even if I don't trust her yet ;) )

But, when you say the player decides, does that mean if you say you still want to be with her, Kaija is apologetic and remorseful? Just curious what is different on that path. I could go play it myself, but I'd be interested in your opinion, before I play a Kaija path.
Sorry, but it was late over here yesterday, Yes, she is, I did a K only playtrough just a few moments ago, to be sure, on that playtrough I didn't even stare at other girls, and was pretty distant to them (Helena, Anissa, Elea, Fiona, ) Medb is in an other league, since you pick her interest anyway,
The convo in Knight Templars headquarter has another tone,

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
That is just the Point, Kaija has 3 Paths, not just Love / Hate, she has that one which I call Ally (Friend) depending on how much points you get with her,

Reactions: Grumpy Old Aussie

Grumpy Old Aussie

Engaged Member
May 6, 2023
Nice pick up and one of the reasons I won't write her off completely. There may be a redemption arc there. At the moment, I'm on the anti-Kaija side as I don't think she is a good LI for my MC. She is a great Templar, loyal and trustworthy. As an LI, nope, I don't want her near my MC, he can't trust her to put him first.

Milton749

Jul 26, 2023
Sorry, but it was late over here yesterday, Yes, she is, I did a K only playtrough just a few moments ago, to be sure, on that playtrough I didn't even stare at other girls, and was pretty distant to them (Helena, Anissa, Elea, Fiona, ) Medb is in an other league, since you pick her interest anyway,
The convo in Knight Templars headquarter has another tone,
Thanks for that. That is VERY different words. I never got that far on K path before getting annoyed. Remorse, Apology, commitment.

• Red Heart

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Oh by the way any of you knows if Ceo did say anything about the in game Gallery or did he step back from that idea ?

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes