VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
Why is always the games you like that seem to fade away. Was the last update really 8 months ago? Shame
This update count over 2.3k renders with over 50 animations, it 2.3 times renders of version 0.3.0 and 1.5 times of 0.4.0. And cherry on the cake we are regularly updated of what happen. Nothing fade away and 0.5.0 is in beta as we speak.

Reactions: Vleder

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
This update count over 2.3k renders with over 50 animations, it 2.3 times renders of version 0.3.0 and 1.5 times of 0.4.0. And cherry on the cake we are regularly updated of what happen. Nothing fade away and 0.5.0 is in beta as we speak.
don't forget he is also releasing it on steam. So who knows what he had to do behind the scenes for that. As I understand it steam takes alot of extra time so that would take some time away from deveolopment.

Reactions: bASKOU and Tulrek

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
don't forget he is also releasing it on steam. So who knows what he had to do behind the scenes for that. As I understand it steam takes alot of extra time so that would take some time away from deveolopment.
Indeed, it adds up. Large content plus Steam with the quality of the content so far, it's not a big deal to have to wait. And beeing able to support the the dev by buying his game on Steam will be awesome.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
That's something many poeple forget, the majority of AVN devs don't make enough mony from they game and do it as a side job, hobby or just the pleasure to put into reality what they created on they mind. Reason why I'm patient and thankful when we get updates.
The most people don't have a clue how much money it takes to make such a game and I'm not talking about a proper render machine.

Reactions: Joshy92

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
The most people don't have a clue how much money it takes to make such a game and I'm not talking about a proper render machine.
I can't speak for other devs, of course, but I'm well into 5 digits. And that's not even counting electricity and the time I put in.
Just hardware and assets.
On the income side, I have 298$/month as of now (and way less before of course).
I guess most can do the math on how long it would take me to make back the investment as of now. Without future investments and neglecting annoying stuff like taxes...

That's why a lot of games get abandoned and/or Steam is the only possible way to fund an AVN if you're not top 1% on Patreon AVN devs.

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
hate to be that guy but i have to make a correction about whats said in the game. 1721659130134.png both those statements are technically wrong. swords have never been good against armor (maybe an extremely sharp sword against a light gamberson?) and depending on the swords good or bad quality springsteel or not springsteel plenty of swords would bend upon impact (katanas also bend in certain instances). thats why halberts, mases, morningstars etc where used more often as they where better for blunt force trauma as again swords would be almost useless against armor. i know its a game with magic and such but i just had to correct this one for my own sanity. feel free to ignore it.
(as long as you dont have a nunchuck like weapon in the game cause man are those things useless xd)

Reactions: motseer

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
hate to be that guy but i have to make a correction about whats said in the game. View attachment 3856462 both those statements are technically wrong. swords have never been good against armor (maybe an extremely sharp sword against a light gamberson?) and depending on the swords good or bad quality springsteel or not springsteel plenty of swords would bend upon impact (katanas also bend in certain instances). thats why halberts, mases, morningstars etc where used more often as they where better for blunt force trauma as again swords would be almost useless against armor. i know its a game with magic and such but i just had to correct this one for my own sanity. feel free to ignore it.
(as long as you dont have a nunchuck like weapon in the game cause man are those things useless xd)
Excellent points. I'm glad you decided to post. I'll add my opinion that a nice sturdy long stick (or stave) can be effective against armor as well. If you can trip up an armored opponent and make them fall you have won since they will never get back up. :p

rambo455

Apr 25, 2020
Excellent points. I'm glad you decided to post. I'll add my opinion that a nice sturdy long stick (or stave) can be effective against armor as well. If you can trip up an armored opponent and make them fall you have won since they will never get back up. :p
actually that depends if he is jumped on or not after they fall. as heavy armor is a bit heavier than what a modern soldier carries in their backpacks but the armor is over their entire body. i have seen people run obstacle courses against a soldier and a firefighter (including climbing and rolling) and the knight came second. since its spread over your entire body it tires you out faster yes but is not like they cant get up without help. if you want to look at a better explenation (or big stick energy videos about nunchucks being worthless) i can send you a link here if the moderators would allow it

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
Even if a helmet is totally impenetrable and your sword is no more effective against it than a length of rebar you could still bounce someone's head around in there bad enough they'd likely die.

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes