VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.4.0] [Ceolag]

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Between work and the oncoming holidays I don't have a lot of time these days, but I wanted to give some quick feedback on Chapter 4. Overall I thought it was very good. I still find the logistics of Neverwhere confusing and the need for the masquerade underdeveloped, but it's role as a crossroads is straightforward enough and the rest of the plot is moving along nicely.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
So that's my take. Good work, please keep it up!

tl;dr Strong plot progression, sweet romance moments and good character work, as long as you're willing to roll with the 'secret world' premise and don't mind waiting for the sexy bits.
Have you replayed chapter 2 for the added scene ?
What is your thought about that ?

Ceolag

Donor
Game Developer
Sep 6, 2020
Morning everyone :)

Ceolag This is certainly a game that carries a lot of promise, have thoroughly liked how you have paced this genre of urban fantasy, it is interesting to see how MC develops into a considerable force to be reckoned with as in all capacities at the moment he still is pretty much a novice in terms of the strength that is required in the power hierarchy setting of the world created in the game. There a few questions that do wanna ask you in order to get some clarity about how you are approaching the game and think it is better to do that before the planned Steam release in order to understand the game progression better

1. Are you planning to add the tag of pregnancy in any point of the game, maybe near the conclusion or in any suitable time of the story?

2. About the game itself, how many chapters are you assuming it will contain till the conclusion, also is it all going to be in a single book or something like seasons/multiple books like a trilogy? If it is too early to ask this question in this phase of game development kindly excuse it as the main intention is to just know if there is a definite plotline and a planned conclusion you have thought of for the story as from a player's experience knowing that the Dev already has thought of ahead gives the confidence to carry on playing the game with expected quality content.

Apart from that as mentioned above really think it is a nice start along with certain sections of the story that were refreshing to engage with.

Thanks for reading Dev; best wishes for ahead:)
Thanks a lot for your kind words.
To answer your questions:
1. I'm thinking about it and chances are pretty good. BUT: It'll be at the end of the game. Epilogue stuff etc. So you won't see a LI running around being pregnant.

good update again! Would be great to have something like alternating releases where one focuses more on plot development like this one, and the next on relationship building. We had way too little Fiona in this one :(
I try to balance that. There wasn't even a scene with Fiona or Elea planned for Chapter 4.
Chapter 5 will have even less LI content and Chapter 6 will more or less solely focus on relationship building.
I'll go into more detail about that in one of the Dev Logs towards the end of the year.

Releasing on the same day as Rogue Trader. Come on man, why you have to be like that?
I missed playing this today because I was stuck there and didn't check F95.

And now I need to go to sleep because work in the morning. Rude.
P.S. Sleep is overrated anyway.
I wasn't even aware. I think it's ridiculous that big game companies plan their release dates on the same date when I "spontaneously" decide to release my stuff. Blame them! :ROFLMAO:
(to be honest, I missed the release of pretty much every AAA game in the past 2 years because I don't have the time for them :()

not even a nipple in the update... cool game but lets remember the genre you are in
I'm aware that some people will dislike the update just for that. It was the reason why I mentioned it in a Dev Log a few weeks ago.
Chapters 5 and 6 will have lewd content again.

Between work and the oncoming holidays I don't have a lot of time these days, but I wanted to give some quick feedback on Chapter 4. Overall I thought it was very good. I still find the logistics of Neverwhere confusing and the need for the masquerade underdeveloped, but it's role as a crossroads is straightforward enough and the rest of the plot is moving along nicely.
So that's my take. Good work, please keep it up!

tl;dr Strong plot progression, sweet romance moments and good character work, as long as you're willing to roll with the 'secret world' premise and don't mind waiting for the sexy bits.
Thanks a lot for that feedback!
And you're right, purple would've been a better fit. But to be honest, I'm kinda surprised someone got that joke. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,
Ceolag

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
That is...........actually.......pretty tame, tender and romantic coming from you my friend.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Haha
It just came to me as I was downloading the update
And I can't get it out of my head
I want to use my mouth & tongue to make love to her ears

Sep 3, 2020
Morning everyone :)

Thanks a lot for your kind words.
To answer your questions:
1. I'm thinking about it and chances are pretty good. BUT: It'll be at the end of the game. Epilogue stuff etc. So you won't see a LI running around being pregnant.

I try to balance that. There wasn't even a scene with Fiona or Elea planned for Chapter 4.
Chapter 5 will have even less LI content and Chapter 6 will more or less solely focus on relationship building.
I'll go into more detail about that in one of the Dev Logs towards the end of the year.

I wasn't even aware. I think it's ridiculous that big game companies plan their release dates on the same date when I "spontaneously" decide to release my stuff. Blame them! :ROFLMAO:
(to be honest, I missed the release of pretty much every AAA game in the past 2 years because I don't have the time for them :()

I'm aware that some people will dislike the update just for that. It was the reason why I mentioned it in a Dev Log a few weeks ago.
Chapters 5 and 6 will have lewd content again.

Thanks a lot for that feedback!
And you're right, purple would've been a better fit. But to be honest, I'm kinda surprised someone got that joke. :ROFLMAO:

Cheers,
Ceolag
just wanted to stop by and say I think I found my second favorite girl in the game
I think I'm going to have to give her her own playthrough
don't judge me

but I understand if you want to avoid eye contact for a couple of days

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
just wanted to stop by and say I think I found my second favorite girl in the game
don't judge me

good choice she shurely knows how to hadle a "sword" :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I just played the update, and I loved it
Once again Kaija shines like the beautiful flower she is

That Nightingale lady was interesting.
I already want a threesome with her & Kaija lol

Also, I totally want to lick Kaija's ear and stick my tongue in there
Is that weird?
Surprisingly tame coming from you, mate. And you didn't even sound like a creep while saying it, I'm proud of you.

don't judge me

You have great taste, bro.
It used to be Fiona for me but now Linnae is my number 2 (and Jessica too but she's not a LI unfortunately)

Sep 3, 2020
Surprisingly tame coming from you, mate. And you didn't even sound like a creep while saying it, I'm proud of you.

You have great taste, bro.
It used to be Fiona for me but now Linnae is my number 2 (and Jessica too but she's not a LI unfortunately)
I hope he changes his mind and makes Linnae a LI

I have no idea but I don't think she is one:cry:

4.40 star(s) 38 Votes