VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes

OhTheLove

Jun 5, 2020
Indeed it was....
Took me by surprise... She was perfect...
I was still processing it all and I just replayed the scene for better clarity, when I read the "Ainu hen Medb", I remembered Ainu means daughter which means Finnabair was Medb's daughter and that has just wrecked me even more... It explains so much. Initially I just thought they were close friends but now I understand the significance of the MC sparing her, because he did it before her parents. The feels man...

• Sad
Reactions: CrazyRabbit

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I was still processing it all and I just replayed the scene for better clarity, when I read the "Ainu hen Medb", I remembered Ainu means daughter which means Finnabair was Medb's daughter and that has just wrecked me even more... It explains so much. Initially I just thought they were close friends but now I understand the significance of the MC sparing her, because he did it before her parents. The feels man...
Yeah I read that too... Ceolag said apparently the two aren't related so I'm struggling to understand the "Ainu hen Medb"....
Whatever it is ; MC spared her in front of her father and Medb, and given what happens if you kill her (I peeked at the code) she was very dear to everyone....

Talk about player punch...

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
"afortunatly"? Say what now?

Also: "remeber" should be "remember". I have issues with that one a lot myself. lol

And: "slaper" should be "slapper".

Just trying to help you, bro. Not being one of them "what's its". :ROFLMAO:
Ughh it is "fortunatly " lol seems that my brains went full on neural short-circuit on that one, had to consult DeepL from spanish "afortuandamente" :LOL:
You're welcome ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: guess that cleaning my keyboard also helps to avoid 60 % of the typos :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but still struggling with the english writing, more so that some letters are spelled differently as written :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Dark Silence

ModiThorrson

Jan 1, 2024
I think you have a point here. The relationship with Kaija isn't handled/exposed in the best way.
- Our first choice with her: love tap, or say hello. We have no idea that Kaija actually hates being startled with the love tap, and first-time players could think a “hello” is too Platonic. At the same time, Alex would know this, he's been with her for years.
- There's very little framing about how the relationship is already in a bad place at the start of the game. We see both Kaija and Alex at their worst. This biases the player against Kaija (Alex makes some passive-aggressive remarks, even sighs when Kaija calls, is tired of her being messy, and annoyed when she doesn't keep her promise of letting him know when she arrived.)
- Only after shit has hit the fan, do we get actual exposition about their relationship.

This is honestly one of only a few criticisms I have of the game. I would love a bit of framing that describes the relationship going through a(nother) rough patch, and that it's up to the player to decide if Alex puts in effort to support Kaija regardless, or if he's just done with it. I also think that the first choice needs a bit of framing as well, maybe with the MC thinking "She hates being startled, but that ass is just too tempting."
Agreed there isn't enough framing to make good choices with Kaija early game, but considering how much the dialogue and scenes change if you do make positive choices it may have been intentional on ceolags part.
Well, afortunatly that is something what could be resolved with a short Introduction text. (on the other hand the average F95 don't read :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ) .
Yes that is a good point, I remeber the back and forth we had as it turned out, that the ass slap gives negative Kaija points :LOL: (at least the ass slaper faction got exposed :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: including myself )
Haha same here, my first playthrough I went with the slap and it led to sex, so i figured it must have been the right choice. Second playthrough i didn't and things turned out better, imagine that lol

• Haha
Reactions: xapican
Apr 2, 2023
I had to replay through I didn't have the requisite Medb points to see that scene. Seemed fitting that Queen Mab would deliver the eulogy I kind of figured since we had the option to kill or spare Finnabair the character would be expendable though I wasn't ready for Ceo to tug on the heart strings quite like that.

OhTheLove

Jun 5, 2020
Yeah I read that too... Ceolag said apparently the two aren't related so I'm struggling to understand the "Ainu hen Medb"....
Whatever it is ; MC spared her in front of her father and Medb, and given what happens if you kill her (I peeked at the code) she was very dear to everyone....

Talk about player punch...
I didn't know Ceolag commented on it but based on the little lessons the MC received it would only be right to assume either she was indeed her daughter or at least she was adopted by Medb. The gallery pick you unlock shows how close they were and Medb's last whisper is "Naamari, min ethiram ainu" which without a shadow of a doubt means "Farewell, my beloved daughter" .The word "thiram" (deep love between lovers or family) gives it away... And the plot thickens if you think about the fact they already tried to assassinate Medb, so going after her daughter would be a terrible second option Sigh... Gonna need to sleep on this, an AVN has me dissecting a fake language now:unsure:.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Whatever it is
Medb is Finnabairs mother, Mab isn't related to any of them, I just don't remember now who says that iirc it was Medb !

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
I didn't know Ceolag commented on it but based on the little lessons the MC received it would only be right to assume either she was indeed her daughter or at least she was adopted by Medb. The gallery pick you unlock shows how close they were and Medb's last whisper is "Naamari, min ethiram ainu" which without a shadow of a doubt means "Farewell, my beloved daughter" .The word "thiram" (deep love between lovers or family) gives it away... And the plot thickens if you think about the fact they already tried to assassinate Medb, so going after her daughter would be a terrible second option Sigh... Gonna need to sleep on this, an AVN has me dissecting a fake language now:unsure:.
It is indeed very relevant for Finnabair to have been Medb daughter ; the clues, the motive, the language.... I'll have to think about it too and replay it to confirm, when I'm able without crying like a toddler.

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019
Medb is Finnabairs mother, Mab isn't related to any of them, I just don't remember now who says that iirc it was Medb !
Oh that's it, I'm stupid, I was so focused I remembered wrong....
OhTheLove Ceolag said Mab and Medb weren't related. But Finnabair and Medb, he didn't said anything directly. I think you're right, she was Medb daughter. Apologies

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes