VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes

1reaper1

Nov 24, 2021
Sometimes I wonder what makes people go through multiple chapters of VN they don't enjoy, searching for some reason to come to discussion board and express they're leaving.

Why not:
1. Drop it early?
2. Just leave?
3. Write a detailed post why they didn't enjoy VN? This would start proper discussion and get respectable replies.

Just...why? So confused.
But anyway, my fault for replying directly to him.
Its called giving the dev a chance

ellen.lane

Dec 5, 2020
I want to add few thoughts about the parents and sister scene.
But as for starters i must say i love the story and it's writing, love characters and so on.
But in that scene (and i prefer confrontational way) it was something off, about the sister. You could make some flashbacks in the future to change some things, but now...
Everything our sister encountered was just a lie, I don't remember anything else, any other problem or situation that could affect her life or well being. And we have the mc, whose girlfriend and love was fake, who was almost kidnapped and killed. Work and another things not so important right now.
But most of the dialogue was about "you were lying, I can't believe you"... Just partially was touched the girlfriend situation. And nothing about mc's kidnapping.
BUT... It is the mc who is thinking only about himself. And it comes from the lips of sister whose life will not change in a bit. She didn't know anything and it didn't affect her life anyhow. She knows the truth and it's still doesn't change anything for her. She were safe, she is safe. She had friends, non of them are fake...
Maybe it was written on purpose but i would love to have an option to make it clear who is the real egoist. (Because except only the fact of lying she doesn't even have any reasonable cause to be mad at their parents)

metamorphMP

Jan 6, 2024
The story telling comes nowhere close to the quality of others like the deluka family, hard times, color of my sound, city of broken dreamers. They are all average so this is under average
Define "quality of others"please. The way you speak about it - it's like you rely on common opinion or reviews and are biased even before you start playing it.

For me quality of the game/story is what this game makes me feel during my playthrough, the game can have high quality renders & animations, outstanding music but if it bores me and makes absolutely indifferent toward characters - then it's not good game in my opinion.

It's always subjective of course, and alsoI consider my self picky person, but I can tell you that this game is one of those that you can't stop playing until you finish it. The universe, the lore, characters - everything is set up in a best way for your immersion and enjoyment. So I would say you either played the game not in a way it's supposed to be played (like clicking through dialogues for lewds for example) or you expected this game to be smth it was never meant to be.

I also confess that this game made me fantasize about certain characters (Medb to be precise:love:) which is a damn rare thing for me.

As for games you mentioned, like I said - it's subjective of course, but I am curious, if you consider CoBD or DeLuca Family average then what is top notch for you, Grandma's house? WVM?

Last edited:

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I want to add few thoughts about the parents and sister scene.
But as for starters i must say i love the story and it's writing, love characters and so on.
But in that scene (and i prefer confrontational way) it was something off, about the sister. You could make some flashbacks in the future to change some things, but now...
Everything our sister encountered was just a lie, I don't remember anything else, any other problem or situation that could affect her life or well being. And we have the mc, whose girlfriend and love was fake, who was almost kidnapped and killed. Work and another things not so important right now.
But most of the dialogue was about "you were lying, I can't believe you"... Just partially was touched the girlfriend situation. And nothing about mc's kidnapping.
BUT... It is the mc who is thinking only about himself. And it comes from the lips of sister whose life will not change in a bit. She didn't know anything and it didn't affect her life anyhow. She knows the truth and it's still doesn't change anything for her. She were safe, she is safe. She had friends, non of them are fake...
Maybe it was written on purpose but i would love to have an option to make it clear who is the real egoist. (Because except only the fact of lying she doesn't even have any reasonable cause to be mad at their parents)
To play devils advocate,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
About Finnabair
We learned that the Lady of the Lake can travel through time between worlds. So I think there is a chance to travel back to Midgard with her help to discover and stop who tries to kill Finnabair to start the war even before it happens.

Reactions: yossa999

ellen.lane

Dec 5, 2020
To play devils advocate,
Agree about fucked up life and the point it is not ego speaking.
I don't even refer anything about sister, like she must take mc's side. She is younger. +Emotions. She is a woman. +Emotions.
They can just sit and talk about all of that, in the next ch when they unwind. And show their points of view. Or the dev could make it more complicated like i said, tie up the third and fourth "party" (side) and show sisters challenges.
Again, I'll repeat myself, i love writing and it is unusual. So and expectations are high. My point was "i don't wanna feel guilty or selfish" because of that. And obviously you can make (dev can) the following story this way, with guilty thoughts and actions. My point also was to make it clear in the end of the scene what is or who is truly selfish. Because in theory we may not get it in this concrete storyline.

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
About Finnabair
We learned that the Lady of the Lake can travel through time between worlds. So I think there is a chance to travel back to Midgard with her help to discover and stop who tries to kill Finnabair to start the war even before it happens.
I like where you went with that. That would be awesome. Need Finnabair she was a different character. smartass but cares for her friend.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Of course i drop it for thst reason. Its an average story at best that just got its best charscter killed off. For example the mc could have just followed and spief upon her and it would keep her alive and it will stay within the mc his character traits
The story telling comes nowhere close to the quality of others like the deluka family, hard times, color of my sound, city of broken dreamers. They are all average so this is under average
Bwahahahahaha......

check-list-bj-novak.gif

(Jesus...only been on PC 5 minutes I've already added three people....)

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I'm not a fan of time travel in stories because it can get messy but the dev has introduced it already so eh.
I agree as long as they don't go too far with it maybe a quick save or get information on who the killer is but that's it no other actions.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
About Finnabair
I like where you went with that. That would be awesome. Need Finnabair she was a different character. smartass but cares for her friend.
I'm not a fan of time travel in stories because it can get messy but the dev has introduced it already so eh.
I agree as long as they don't go too far with it maybe a quick save or get information on who the killer is but that's it no other actions.
:FacePalm: :FacePalm: :FacePalm:
Jeesh...not hapening people. She dead...get over it already. Also, time travel has NOT been introduced if you understand the context of that statement.

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes