VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
f but from what I recall she fought against the order lost and then the grandmaster stepped in so it was up to her.
That's correct. She refused the assignment to seduce Alex. At this point, the grandmaster wasn't aware of Kaija being asked this, and he put a stop to it when it came to light.

That's why I believe and still do it was because she wanted to not because of the job , at least initially.
She said it herself, the friendship was real, then she got used to being with Alex, and just went with the flow. It made things easier.
Then, depending on player choices, she'll either have fallen in love with him for real, or saw the relationship in a more utilitarian way.

So even if her heart wasn't in it at first the fact she wanted to fight against the order is enough for me that she did have some feelings at least.
I wouldn't call it feelings, but self-respect and honor, in a way. Though what she ended up doing wasn't much better. If you're not on the love path with her, her behavior is cold and calculating. By being in a relationship with Alex, she's stopping him from finding happiness with someone who actually returns his feelings.
On the love path, I don't think things are much better. She still puts her job first, the relationship and Alex second. And, I think you can see that in her demeanor as well. The first time I saw Kaija laugh was in Neverwhere with Alex.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
...Oberon?

I mean, I don't want to judge you or anything but...

*judges you* :sneaky:
Thanks!

I needed that laugh after reaching 'Daughter of the Sun' at the end of CH 5.

I just finished yesterday as I decided to restart from the beginning so that everything was fresh in my mind when I started CH 5 - worth it for me!

The Finnabair story arc was exceptional!

It is a rare AVN where I find myself reaching for tissues because I become invested in a side character and the suddenness of her loss hits me so hard...

The ceremony at the end was moving and quite sad; the MC was in the presence of not just the Alfar King Oberon and the Queens Mab and Titania, but also of Finnabair's father.

It got even worse with the words of parting, when I saw Medb call Finnabair Ainu ... daughter...

That was a tough goodbye!

Even with the sadness, though, I also enjoyed getting to know both Finnabair and Medb - not realizing just how close their relationship was or how much they shared...

As I made this post, I literally just realized that I called not just Queen Mab, but Finnabair and her Mother bitches... fuck me... :oops:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I Really need CH 6 now, so I can find out the details of what happened and either redress the wrong done or make Finnabair's death mean something.[/ISPOILER]

Cheers!! :coffee:

Reactions: UnoriginalUserName

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
i'll have to replay the game when the update comes out on steam and see for myself but from what I recall she fought against the order lost and then the grandmaster stepped in so it was up to her. That's why I believe and still do it was because she wanted to not because of the job , at least initially. I'm sure it did become about the job at some point. So even if her heart wasn't in it at first the fact she wanted to fight against the order is enough for me that she did have some feelings at least.

Well wasn't really trying to defend her all that much just saying why I liked her. Tho I do still think the whole thing about having to see neverwhere and the Templar HQ to believe it is the only real defense for that lie and a valid one. The rest like entering a relationship knowing she would have to lie not so much but not a deal breaker to me once I learned the context and saw how tried to save us even if it is a prime directive order. That and I put more of the blame on the Templar leadership than her tbh.
I understand why she couldn't tell MC and actually respect her devotion to the Templars and her beliefs. The fact that she had to lie, is on MC Dad, not her. I'm personally, more pissed at him, than Kaija. It's the reason why I play the friendship path and am happy to be building a friendship with her (it's one of those playing MC as myself immersion things, doing what I would do).

I don't hate her, (and it's very likely that I won't be playing the hate path at all), currently just doing friendship path, but will do a love path at some point. She clearly had feelings and cared for MC, even if you don't play love path. I just personally can't continue a love relationship, because she did lie to MC and did so successfully for a long time.

She is just as much a victim of manipulation, and if you're on love or friendship path it must have been eating her up inside to keep something so dear to her, from someone she really cared about. I feel sorry for her and hope she will be a great ally and friend into the future, but i can't let her into my heart, because, quite simple, I cannot trust her. It wasn't a one-off lie, but a lifetime of deceit, 24/7 in recent times. I'm finding it hard to even trust her as a friend, but trying anyway, because she does seems sincere and I do believe that she cares for MC.

This is probably on the friendship path only, but, I also noticed she seemed to relax more once they defined their relationship. Almost like there was a pressure to be someone she's not. She let down her barriers and was just herself, hanging with a (getting there) friend. Personally, I liked it. There is probably a similar reaction on the love path.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I understand why she couldn't tell MC and actually respect her devotion to the Templars and her beliefs. The fact that she had to lie, is on MC Dad, not her. I'm personally, more pissed at him, than Kaija. It's the reason why I play the friendship path and am happy to be building a friendship with her (it's one of those playing MC as myself immersion things, doing what I would do).

I don't hate her, (and it's very likely that I won't be playing the hate path at all), currently just doing friendship path, but will do a love path at some point. She clearly had feelings and cared for MC, even if you don't play love path. I just personally can't continue a love relationship, because she did lie to MC and did so successfully for a long time.

She is just as much a victim of manipulation, and if you're on love or friendship path it must have been eating her up inside to keep something so dear to her, from someone she really cared about. I feel sorry for her and hope she will be a great ally and friend into the future, but i can't let her into my heart, because, quite simple, I cannot trust her. It wasn't a one-off lie, but a lifetime of deceit, 24/7 in recent times. I'm finding it hard to even trust her as a friend, but trying anyway, because she does seems sincere and I do believe that she cares for MC.

This is probably on the friendship path only, but, I also noticed she seemed to relax more once they defined their relationship. Almost like there was a pressure to be someone she's not. She let down her barriers and was just herself, hanging with a (getting there) friend. Personally, I liked it. There is probably a similar reaction on the love path.
yeah I get no being able to trust her for a romantic relationship I just am able to in a relationship but that's says more about me haha. ( tho alot of it is how I play these games too) I'm gonna play all 3 of her paths when I replay this , when it's out on steam.

Last edited:

Milton749

Engaged Member
Jul 26, 2023
yeah I get no being able to trust her for a romantic relationship I just am able to in a relationship but that's says more about me haha. ( tho alot of it is how I play these games too) I'm gonna play all 3 of her paths when I replay this , when it's out on steam.
I do have a quiet giggle to myself, that big Kaija fans like yourself and Xapi are playing the hate path, while I don't intend to. :) :giggle:

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
Kaija hate path, while harsh, is quite tame so far. She's just cold. MC is just a job.
Hurts like hell, but what can you expect from templar.

What I am looking forwards to is Medb hate path. That will be true hatred path.

But that's chapter 5 discussion so...it can wait.

Reactions: Quetzzz

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
I do have a quiet giggle to myself, that big Kaija fans like yourself and Xapi are playing the hate path, while I don't intend to. :) :giggle:
well that's more cause I tend to play almost every path in most AVN's I play even character I dislike. Tho in this case I am also curious if perhaps I'll change how I feel about her. It feels only right for me to check out all of her paths since there is such a divide on who likes her and doesn't , especially cause she is a favorite of mine in my top 10.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
But that would mean the entire council, including Linnae is in on that lie. That doesn't make sense to me. If Kaija breaks off from her mission to come to you, there will be dialog that acknowledges that she did exactly that.
And conveniently there is a dialogue with Linnae where she tells you she told the council she told Kaija to leave (on the no orders path)...

At this point, the grandmaster wasn't aware of Kaija being asked this,
Yes, he was.

Reactions: Quetzzz

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
And conveniently there is a dialogue with Linnae where she tells you she told the council she told Kaija to leave (on the no orders path)...
True! But, on the love-path, William will make a remark that taking Alex to Neverwhere was her 2nd infraction in a short time, and that she should still expect punishment for it.

Yes, he was.
Maybe I'm confusing the timeline, or missed something, but this is how I understand the events:
- Kaija was contacted by a supervisor with the task of inserting herself in Alex's life romantically
- She refused and raised a fuss
- She appeared before the council, at which point Robert found out about the plan (or its exact nature)
- Somewhere in between, Robert and Helga talked about this, with Helga giving her blessing
- Robert and Linnae disagreed about the romantic part, and asked Kaija to just stay close.
- Kaija agreed, and eventually entered a relationship with Alex because it was comfortable and easy.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
True! But, on the love-path, William will make a remark that taking Alex to Neverwhere was her 2nd infraction in a short time, and that she should still expect punishment for it.

Maybe I'm confusing the timeline, or missed something, but this is how I understand the events:
- Kaija was contacted by a supervisor with the task of inserting herself in Alex's life romantically
- She refused and raised a fuss
- She appeared before the council, at which point Robert found out about the plan (or its exact nature)
- Somewhere in between, Robert and Helga talked about this, with Helga giving her blessing
- Robert and Linnae disagreed about the romantic part, and asked Kaija to just stay close.
- Kaija agreed, and eventually entered a relationship with Alex because it was comfortable and easy.
Doesn't matter. Eiether scenario...the council send her...or Linnae covers for her. Either way, a council decision, not hers ;)

You miss and forget a lot across a lot ov VN's I've noticed hehehe.

He was fully aware of what was being asked of her. Always. Council decision to ask her, he head of said council. Once him and Linnae voted against (and at this point, that's only two votes remember...5 members) he was unaware of what 'she decided to do' later. He was always aware of the plan for her to romance him.

Also bear in mind, this convo ONLY happens on the love Kaija/went against orders/forgive parents (3 calm choices) path. Otherwise good ole dad actually says...ONLY Linnae was against it....

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes