VN Ren'Py The Neverwhere Tales [v0.5.0] [Ceolag]

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
So he wrote the character well then ;)

Which proves nothing as we already know (facts) Medb is an unreliable narrator and fails to even know some Elven history. Neither does it 'introduce' anything.
Ah, yes, one of the most prominent elves, the same who is teaching us about elven politics and the such, doesn't know shit about her neighbour the lady of the lake :FacePalm:

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Ah, yes, one of the most prominent elves, the same who is teaching us about elven politics and the such, doesn't know shit about her neighbour the lady of the lake :FacePalm:
She doesn't even know the Elves didn't make Diren Dall...

Also...med "Somewhat. I met her a few times. Yeah...she'd know all about her....:FacePalm:

Last edited:

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
She doesn't even know the Elves didn't make Diren Dall...

:FacePalm:
That's explained in the game. On the other hand Medb is pretty much a lore dump in this update. She tells you about Queen Mab, Titania, Oberon and Nimue powers. Unti the dev says otherwise there is no reason to not take her words as the truth.
You can keep trying to deny the time shenanigans but it's already in the lore, the time goes slower in Midgar and so on.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
It's also entirely possible you actually work for your father/the Templars. Who has the authority to contact the board of the company you work for and just get you a week off work?
It probably won't surprise you, but I have notes on that as well. :ROFLMAO:

"No. We did. But not your boss. The management board." (Early chapter 2)
Fucking what? I want to know what cover you used. The Templars would need to have some pull to be able to tell an insurance company what to do. Insurance companies are some of the richest and powerful businesses on the planet. It's possible the Templars have people in positions of power, but their lack of professionalism doesn't make me confident.

After playing Chapter 4, it's likely that the Templars just know people in power who also visit Neverwhere.
I also considered that some companies might be a front for non-human entities.
Personally, I doubt that the Templars outright own that insurance company. What I've seen from them so far just screams incompetence. They seem too disconnected from the real world, to me.

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I had the same thoughts when playing through this.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I tried defending sis few pages back, but honestly, yes, exactly that.

And now try that same scenario you wrote, except Kaija DID NOT fall in love with MC during that whole ordeal. Ouch, ouch, ouch, fucking ouch.
Good fucking luck trying to build trust with any new woman he meets in his life.
THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Also another Finnabair theory just for the fun of it :KEK:
There are valkyries and norse Gods in the game. Valkyries work is to guide the souls of the dead to the Valhalla.
The MC knows a valkyrie, do the math.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
I tried defending sis few pages back, but honestly, yes, exactly that.
I'm a big fan of Jess, but she really let me down here. At the same time, I'm not certain if Jess actually knows and understand everything Alex has been through.

And now try that same scenario you wrote, except Kaija DID NOT fall in love with MC during that whole ordeal. Ouch, ouch, ouch, fucking ouch.
Good fucking luck trying to build trust with any new woman he meets in his life.
THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!
Yeah, that crossed my mind as well. Then she'd say the whole relationship was just her performing her duty, and it made it easy.
But, that also requires Alex to do things that show he doesn't care as much for her either, that he's over the relationship, in a way. So when roleplaying that Alex, I'd be more open to meet up with Elea or Fiona. So that Alex would be less isolated.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Don't forget this. Their only reason to lie was to protect them. And only one task was failed.
And they face truth untrained and unprepared.
+ If it wasn't for Kaija (broken order) mc would be dead.
Parents of the century :p
Maybe instead of lying they teach MC to defend himself. Then he doesn't need saving. He just kills them all himself. Argue the points all you want. Lying to someone who has no choice but to trust you... like a son or daughter? Worst choice possible. Every time. Jus' Sayin':cool:

nitkonikic

Sep 17, 2018
I'm a big fan of Jess, but she really let me down here. At the same time, I'm not certain if Jess actually knows and understand everything Alex has been through.

Yeah, that crossed my mind as well. Then she'd say the whole relationship was just her performing her duty, and it made it easy.
But, that also requires Alex to do things that show he doesn't care as much for her either, that he's over the relationship, in a way. So when roleplaying that Alex, I'd be more open to meet up with Elea or Fiona. So that Alex would be less isolated.
See, I roleplayed start bit differently.
Early sex, angry during phone call (because relationship is strained) and ended with 2 points, no love.
BAM, "You were just a job to me"....holy shit that revelation on 1st playthrough.

Still love her: "Not sure", because at that point MC is still confused.
Beach with Elea: "Have girlfriend?" "Don't know".
Forward slightly to bench scene, selecting Steroid Kevin as guide, Kaija straight up refuses to talk on bench, and she's sitting there like nothing happened. She doesn't care. Even if MC loved her to that point, that's when he realizes he is nothing to her.

So yes, after that it's free season to find new girlfriend, but betrayal, finding out his parents knew all about it, hid it from him, ruined his life so they can tap themselves on the back for job well done....absolutely hated them from that moment.
Chance to vent and release all frustration was welcome.

After all that, safest area to find new girlfriend would be among elves. At least chances it's Templar spy are basically non-existent.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
Don't forget this. Their only reason to lie was to protect them. And only one task was failed.
And they face truth untrained and unprepared.
+ If it wasn't for Kaija (broken order) mc would be dead.
Parents of the century :p
Nope, not agreed, here in the shoes of the one who wants the war, MC is more valuable if alive,
father abducted by Alfar, MC also abducted, we don't know by whom, MC mom would start a crusade to get them back and all Templars would happy join a war, even a invasion of Alfheimr, Influence on the higher ranks is gone for good and the Templars become pawns in the game.
and If they want to increase pressure they just send a Audio of MC to the Templars.

Reactions: BruceWayne123

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
See, I roleplayed start bit differently.
Early sex, angry during phone call (because relationship is strained) and ended with 2 points, no love.
BAM, "You were just a job to me"....holy shit that revelation on 1st playthrough.

Still love her: "Not sure", because at that point MC is still confused.
Beach with Elea: "Have girlfriend?" "Don't know".
Forward slightly to bench scene, selecting Steroid Kevin as guide, Kaija straight up refuses to talk on bench, and she's sitting there like nothing happened. She doesn't care. Even if MC loved her to that point, that's when he realizes he is nothing to her.

So yes, after that it's free season to find new girlfriend, but betrayal, finding out his parents knew all about it, hid it from him, ruined his life so they can tap themselves on the back for job well done....absolutely hated them from that moment.
Chance to vent and release all frustration was welcome.

After all that, safest area to find new girlfriend would be among elves. At least chances it's Templar spy are basically non-existent.
(y)(y)(y) All outta reactions so... (y)(y)(y) But, damn! I never thought to look at it that way and for the first time the start of the story makes sense. If I give her a playful little slap on the ass I get mine chewed out but I get sex in the shower but, no love. If I let it make me angry like it probably would IRL I find out she never cared about me... Holy Revelation, Batman... Now I gotta start all over and it's all your fault! (y)

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
(y)(y)(y) All outta reactions so... (y)(y)(y) But, damn! I never thought to look at it that way and for the first time the start of the story makes sense. If I give her a playful little slap on the ass I get mine chewed out but I get sex in the shower but, no love. If I let it make me angry like it probably would IRL I find out she never cared about me... Holy Revelation, Batman... Now I gotta start all over and it's all your fault! (y)
I just replayed the beginning and had bathroom sex without any ass slapping. :shrug:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I just replayed the beginning and had bathroom sex without any ass slapping. :shrug:
Think it was mentioned sex will give 1 point from this version onwards.
Not sure if it was implemented, but something to keep in mind.
Well, I think I'll put URM in it so I can check it as I go. If it gives me the point I might edit it out just to make sure I see nitkonikic's version. It just makes a lot more sense...

4.30 star(s) 41 Votes