VN Ren'Py The Nighrest [Ep.1] [ChouderTales]

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes

Belnick

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2018
1092 games in the folder, using up almost 4 TB......

cant download and test 0.1 anymore, have to wait 10 to 15 updates before I give it a go and most good new games never reach fuck scenes

Jul 25, 2022
I'm here for incest but this patch was shameful, if the dev was so lazy to do it he should have asked someone else to make a decent patch.

Reactions: battali0n

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016
Mia was such a dumbass that my canon is that her department deliberately sent her out to Spooky Island, hoping she'd get Sadako'd. Glad she's gone, hope she doesn't come back.

Haven't seen a single QTE so far that fits in a VN, and this one is no exception. They can be decent if used in an action game, since you're already used to twitch reflex inputs there. But when you're chilling with an interactive story like this and suddenly forced to go into ready mode, it's not a good player experience, and it's not good game design.

Renders are nice, UI is polished, plot setup feels interesting. Could've done without the typical (sorta but not really) incest characters, but I guess that's what the people want. Although they probably want real incest characters, so this middle of the road approach might not work for either crowd.

I think it's going to be tricky developing the game, considering a lot of effort seems to have been spent on the paranormal aspects of the story (which so far have been done well, imo - Mia's stupidity excluded). But making that work along with the more carnal aspects of an adult VN might be a juggling act. Anyway, interested to see how this goes, and good luck to the dev.

Jul 25, 2022
Could've done without the typical (sorta but not really) incest characters, but I guess that's what the people want. Although they probably want real incest characters, so this middle of the road approach might not work for either crowd.
Could've done without the typical (sorta but not really) incest characters, but I guess that's what the people want. Although they probably want real incest characters, so this middle of the road approach might not work for either crowd.
certainly stepcest doesn't please either group, if it's not blood incest I'd rather it had nothing

Apr 29, 2021
I tried the game, and the renders all look great. The story sounds interesting. Unfortunately the grammar is terrible and really bad synonyms are used a lot. "What are you gazing for" no-one would use gazing in that context. It would be staring.

Such terrible writing completely ruins a game for me, so I'll be leaving this game alone until a proofread or grammar fix is mentioned in patch notes or comments herein.

Dark Silence

Devoted Member
Jul 17, 2021
I tried the game, and the renders all look great. The story sounds interesting. Unfortunately the grammar is terrible and really bad synonyms are used a lot. "What are you gazing for" no-one would use gazing in that context. It would be staring.

Such terrible writing completely ruins a game for me, so I'll be leaving this game alone until a proofread or grammar fix is mentioned in patch notes or comments herein.
Why don't you do it? You can release a corrected script to the dev or just release it dirctly to the players as a mod.

JenMistress

Engaged Member
Oct 1, 2019
Well, when I was scanning this, to see if the Universal Mods would work with this or not, was a bit nervous adding this game when I saw the quick time event, but turns out, this quick time wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Hopefully future quick times in this isn't that bad either, but pretty freaky story so far, and curious as to where this is going. If the Dev is here, thank you for this, and I will be looking forward for more releases!!!

Reactions: Legend 123

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
Mia was such a dumbass that my canon is that her department deliberately sent her out to Spooky Island, hoping she'd get Sadako'd. Glad she's gone, hope she doesn't come back.

Haven't seen a single QTE so far that fits in a VN, and this one is no exception. They can be decent if used in an action game, since you're already used to twitch reflex inputs there. But when you're chilling with an interactive story like this and suddenly forced to go into ready mode, it's not a good player experience, and it's not good game design.

Renders are nice, UI is polished, plot setup feels interesting. Could've done without the typical (sorta but not really) incest characters, but I guess that's what the people want. Although they probably want real incest characters, so this middle of the road approach might not work for either crowd.

I think it's going to be tricky developing the game, considering a lot of effort seems to have been spent on the paranormal aspects of the story (which so far have been done well, imo - Mia's stupidity excluded). But making that work along with the more carnal aspects of an adult VN might be a juggling act. Anyway, interested to see how this goes, and good luck to the dev.
I was gonna leave the exact same thoughts on the game, thx for doing it for me.

Two things I'd like to add:

Desperately needs a proofreader.

Some times dialogue and/or renders play too fast, for example to conway the best friend quickly dropping a bit of info and then leaving. Its not a big deal, but some people, like me, need to read everything on the screen, wich in this case means rolling back and forth to catch everything. Slightly annoying, not a big deal, but also easy to fix.

Liked the setup of the story and am curios to see if dev can see it through.

THE KILLER 13

Sep 13, 2022
I hope the dev doesn't create more dialogues emphasizing that Heather is not MC's real mother because then it's easier to change the dialogues by removing this step.

3.80 star(s) 5 Votes