VN Unity The Northwood Lair [v1.35.3] [Stratovarius]

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes

Throw away 6

Aug 7, 2020
Google 1.13:

dude is a lazy fuck, been supporting 2 years and his monthly updates are like 2-3 hours of work, reusing a lot of assets and too stingy to get new audio from VAs for new content. Getting 2.1k usd for this little effort is pretty sad. I would say his game is in alpha 0.050 considering how little he's delivered of what was featured all these years
How much do you know about game development and animation because this post makes it sound like you don't know much

xinzhuming

Formerly 'drygged'
Jun 1, 2018
How much do you know about game development and animation because this post makes it sound like you don't know much
I do not need to have experience with game development and animation to make a statement like that. I do have surface level knowledge of the time it takes, but I believe anyone who has been following him would know how little time he puts in each month.

Each month on average he adds 1-2 H-scene animation into the game based on request, with one 10-15 second loop. As for game development, he has literally added no new features or functions in the past 4 years, it is literally copy-paste coding for the scene viewer, with an occasional ease-of-access function added.

I don't know why you are trying to sound big by showing that you have knowledge about game dev and animation, I can share his updates monthly here and you can go play spot the difference between patches.

Odd-Eye

Jan 13, 2018
Most, if not all, of the updates do indeed only add new scenes/animations.
The only part whe could consider as a game (the side-scroller and the RPG battle) are pretty limited and haven't been updated in a while.

Let us be honest, it is more a gallery than a game. But I doubt his supporters are supporting the "game", right ? I mean, there are almost no game to speak of. I doubt anyone would play the side-scroller and say "Looks like a great game, I'm in !". I believe they mostly support the animations. So why would it be surprising for the developper to release what his supporters want ?

Throw away 6

Aug 7, 2020
ok so I'm going to assume that

1. The dev isn't working on this as a source of income and has another job on top of making two games.

2. Since the dev is using unity and by extension C# he is running into a lot of unexpected bugs, unity problems and program crashes.

And 3. that the dev is making or commissioning all of the assets used in the game

Then if the dev is working on this for roughly five hours a day on their days off then only adding two or three scenes each month is about right especially if they are also bug fixing at the same time.

Now I could be completely wrong and Sendboob could be right the dev may just be lazy.

However since this seems like a passion project that's not likely to be the case.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
What is wrong with this game? I can't defeat the guy at all he has a shield.. and the battle is so fucking slow.

Weimn

Nov 10, 2018
What is wrong with this game? I can't defeat the guy at all he has a shield.. and the battle is so fucking slow.
The story mode (or whatever the fuck it called) does not work yet. It's just a test thingy. Pretty much all the content are in the free-play. You can visit different locations in town, or just roam around your own castle-ish domains.

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
The story mode (or whatever the fuck it called) does not work yet. It's just a test thingy. Pretty much all the content are in the free-play. You can visit different locations in town, or just roam around your own castle-ish domains.
Thanks.. so I won't even bother playing it.. who the heck wants to play a game with no point in it. Hopefully it will become a real game soon.

Lenpop709

Dec 31, 2019
The animation is not working even H-scene. Am I the only one who have this problem?? Is there a way to fix it?

DNANA3360

Apr 18, 2020
The Northwood Lair ver 1.15b

====================

Download Link:

(Please do not share this link anywhere)

This compressed file is 7z, it is recommended to extract it with Bandizip or 7zip.

3.30 star(s) 9 Votes