kostello

Aug 3, 2017
Why is taking SO much time to save and even more time to load the game?? It's a Ren'py, it saves instantly, but not this game... Is there are workaround?

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Well it's cause the outfit generates funky, it should an easy fix for dev. Try reloading your save and enter again few times, it generates different layers each time as far as i can see. One time i managed to enter the room and see Laura naked without any errors.
Yep! Easy fix, the image doesn't exist. I switched the towel to be an outfit in the "dress" category and didn't account for the part of the displayable that looks for an image showing the outline of a piercing over the dress. Thanks for pointing this out y'all, I'll fix it.

Reactions: kostello

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
Why is taking SO much time to save and even more time to load the game?? It's a Ren'py, it saves instantly, but not this game... Is there are workaround?
It's because all the assets are really large. I thought Ren'Py could handle all my images - it does on my computer - but I clearly need to downsize and just make the game native 1440p. Sorry about that!

Reactions: Grelk

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
You speak as if rogue-like was a trademarked product that isn't allowed to be copy-upgraded...
"imitation is the greatest form of praise" is it not? if these Dev love rogue-like and want to take their spin on it I don't see the problem and I dont really see any reason to bash them because of it.
What exactly is the problem really? you worried the rogue-like Dev gets less fans or money? Im pretty sure people who love this also came from the fanbase of rogue-like, already paid well over the worth of his project.
If the "lack of creativity" bothers you so much, you can always just stick to the original
Funny that, since this game is exactly the copy of Rogue-Like, same code and everything for the most part, only difference being is the art style which doesn't look all that great and it's more or less unplayable and more broken than the current working version of Rogue Like.

Imitation can be a form of praise, however, if your copying a game word for word, code for code, and trying to make a some profit or get some money from said project, news flash!, thats infringement. Had this stayed as a mod and not been made out to be a "stand alone" then there would be no issue.

In short, I highly suspect word is gonna get to Oni in the next few days or so and he is gonna request a cease and decist. Even withsome noticable changes, there is too much copy overed from the original game that risks that.

But hey, if Ron can actual make the game work and not get Oni to fill a possible lawsuit, more power to him. Though from what I've seen and played, I'm not that impressed and have a lot of doubts on that regard.

Reactions: Double-A

GuardianZ

Jun 12, 2017
Right. I've gotten an error when swimming at the pool with Rogue:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ooof. I know the early releases of games would be buggy.

kostello

Aug 3, 2017
It's because all the assets are really large. I thought Ren'Py could handle all my images - it does on my computer - but I clearly need to downsize and just make the game native 1440p. Sorry about that!
Thanx for the honest answer. Wish you luck with that project. It'll be an awesome remake

GuardianZ

Jun 12, 2017
Funny that, since this game is exactly the copy of Rogue-Like, same code and everything for the most part, only difference being is the art style which doesn't look all that great and it's more or less unplayable and more broken than the current working version of Rogue Like.

Imitation can be a form of praise, however, if your copying a game word for word, code for code, and trying to make a some profit or get some money from said project, news flash!, thats infringement. Had this stayed as a mod and not been made out to be a "stand alone" then there would be no issue.

In short, I highly suspect word is gonna get to Oni in the next few days or so and he is gonna request a cease and decist. Even withsome noticable changes, there is too much copy overed from the original game that risks that.

But hey, if Ron can actual make the game work and not get Oni to fill a possible lawsuit, more power to him. Though from what I've seen and played, I'm not that impressed and have a lot of doubts on that regard.
Can't own Ideas. And the idea for this type of game did not originate with Oni. Don't get full of yourself.

And WHERE is it an "exact copy" of Rogue-Like? Is the code fking 1:1 or are you just fking blowing out your ass?

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019

1. It's not the same code. Check out my ! :)

2. I ditched the Patreon, it clearly makes y'all mad.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
1. It's not the same code. Check out my ! :)

2. I ditched the Patreon, it clearly makes y'all mad.
1. Still more broken than the current version though. Hats off to you.

2. Mad, no. But hey, if you happen to get word from Oni in the next month, don't say we didn't warn ya.

But hey, best of luck.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
Love the art. Love the direction of adding a story arc and character development to a Rogue-Like dating sim. Love the idea of having more than two girls on screen interacting at a time. Looking forward to a stable build! Purge the haters from this thread and full steam ahead!

Reactions: Eland51298

kostello

Aug 3, 2017

Look at the truth RLE is an antient piece of spaghetti code. Even devs of biggest mod said THREE YEARS AGO ( and it was version 0.984) that the game is broken and getting even more broken every update. I played it in 2016, i played it in 2019 and in 2022, and i know for sure, that i'm not gonna do it again. RLE is a rotting piece of what used to be a fast evolving game with big fan base. It's 3:4 resolution, it has no sound, it is still on the antient version of the ren'py. If RLE was so precious for you, count this as a remake.

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Look at the truth RLE is an antient piece of spaghetti code. Even devs of biggest mod said THREE YEARS AGO ( and it was version 0.984) that the game is broken and getting even more broken every update. I played it in 2016, i played it in 2019 and in 2022, and i know for sure, that i'm not gonna do it again. RLE is a rotting piece of what used to be a fast evolving game with big fan base. It's 3:4 resolution, it has no sound, it is still on the antient version of the ren'py. If RLE was so precious for you, count this as a remake.
A remake? How laughable. I've been playing RLE since it's beginning, and sure there have been some bugs and issue, yet they've been fixed over time. In it's current format, the current version is surprisingly stable. I've played for a while, even just not that long ago, didn't have an error pop or anything. Not all games NEED to have sound to work. It's a nice feature to have, but isn't in all games. And so what if it's on an ancient version of Ren, if it works, it works. If Oni happens to update to the latest version whenever that may be and add new features, good on him.

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Too many fall into this and you end up wiht a really shallow and repetitive game when using that time and effor to expand the story or add events would go a long way to improving the game
Expand the story? What story, lmao. Rogue-like doesn't have a story beyond "you have mutant powers. Now fuck every girl in the school". At least Rogue-like-like has a little more of story to it and the capacity to expand on it

4.60 star(s) 143 Votes