ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Does this project have a discord yet?
Not yet. While a lot of things have been done, we're making the decision to wait until we release the build actually intended to be posted publicly, rather than the pre-alpha that Ron Chon did not intend for an official release.

To be 100% transparent one of the major delayers is art. Good art takes time but we're using that time to ensure the UI is good, that there aren't any bugs, that the sound* design is alright, and those non-hand-drawn art assets are made. So we're not just sitting around.

After the first beta or whatever we decide to call it is released, then we'll open a public discord.

*Yes there will be sound. Music as well.

mp82rw

Jan 26, 2020
Not yet. While a lot of things have been done, we're making the decision to wait until we release the build actually intended to be posted publicly, rather than the pre-alpha that Ron Chon did not intend for an official release.

To be 100% transparent one of the major delayers is art. Good art takes time but we're using that time to ensure the UI is good, that there aren't any bugs, that the sound* design is alright, and those non-hand-drawn art assets are made. So we're not just sitting around.

After the first beta or whatever we decide to call it is released, then we'll open a public discord.

If y'all need some help with the music, let me know, I'd love to put something down for the project. I can give you some samples if you're interested.

Nov 1, 2018

would you like help with the discord when it's going to be made? I'm pretty good with that kind of stuff and will make it easier for the dev teams one less thing to worry about (extra hands when people ask for helps with hints or showing glitches, I can document them and put them on a PDF for y'all to see)

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
would you like help with the discord when it's going to be made? I'm pretty good with that kind of stuff and will make it easier for the dev teams one less thing to worry about (extra hands when people ask for helps with hints or showing glitches, I can document them and put them on a PDF for y'all to see)
We already have something prepared but once we share it with the public we will need moderators and people with knowledge on bots to handle role assignments and other stuff.

Warning ahead of time, I'll repost once it is public, moderator status does not equal dev team member.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
You guys REALLY need to either restart the Patreon

OR

Remove the link from the opening post

Having a link to a disabled Patreon just sends a bad message.
We don't have the ability to edit the main post. Tis the nature of f95.

If/when we restart the patreon it will be when we have a build of the game that was actually intended for official release.

Besides, we're probably going to just open another thread since what will be released will be essentially a completely different game. We've overhauled just about everything and even changed the name.

LurkManTheIII

Feb 5, 2022
Besides, we're probably going to just open another thread since what will be released will be essentially a completely different game. We've overhauled just about everything and even changed the name.
You guys probably should contact the thread maker instead of opening an entirely new thread. Making another thread risks confusion and it'd be easier to get the thread name and OP post edited. Looking forward to what you guys have been up to.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
If you guys can make pregnancy ya'll won me over Oni.
I will use this as a chance to go over some details about the game.

The implementation of pregnancy has been discussed at length.

Everyone on the team seems to be in favor but one of the issues is that the story is going to have a progressive timeline. Meaning that while it's a sandbox, we're planning on adding a lot more locations to the academy and even allowing free roaming in the town, time passes as chapters progress.

Right now the game takes place over the course of 6 years. It's planned to allow the player to have sex with Rogue, Jean, and X-23 during the first year. If one of the girls gets pregnant during that first year then we have to deal with their 5-year-old kids by the end of the game.

We're not going to program being a parenting simulator, so we're discussing how we're going to treat things as we also don't want the girls to simply ignore that they're moms.

But as I said we're in favor of it, we just want to think of a reasonable way to implement it.

Edit: We also have to account for players who DON'T want to turn the entirety of the X-Men universe into moms.

The art looks rly good even if different.
I'll let the artist know!

But...is that Deaneyrs? :KEK:
Yes, it is. She wasn't supposed to be in the currently available build, but since we have some art assets, we have plans for stuff to do with her. Just don't expect anything soon.

lets hope this game does not take as long to get updated lol
As I've stated earlier, the thing that takes the longest to produce is character art. Stuff like the inventory system, the quest system, the phone user interface, etc all took about a day each.

I once read a statement that release dates are for designers who don't care about the quality of their games and I agree with it. However, we do have a time slated for early 2023. After that, it should be regular updates as we already have 90% of the full plot outlined.

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017

These builds were always public, Ron post them himself on the public Rogue-Like mod discord and completely skipped internal team review.

Few points for you though that Ron is still too ignorant to notice, even if he has made some of the changes to Rogue he cried foul over and tossed everyone aside to not do.

1) Your artists are not conforming to a standard style manual. This is most obvious with the black outlining (the thickness isn't the same between artists and that detracts from the quality. This was mentioned to Ron) and the hair (the hair artist keeps including skintone towards the neck/body outside of the hair, this will cause layering issues with clothing and is most evident on Laura. This was also mentioned to Ron).
2) Ron is hardcoding the clothing items, they should use a library and definitions. This became evident when we did a code review to see if we could continue the project without Ron (before this revival). This will cause a ton of code bloat and is actually worse practices than Oni's code.
3) Ron really needs to review his code in other places as well, even the girl code is fairly broken up and will cause a lot of bloat and a lot of the other code looks like he stripped out and mashed together things I showed the team from Itch.

Last edited:
Reactions: drone4of2

The Nut1138

Feb 4, 2020
As far as the implementation of pregnancy and children, what about an off-site facility that houses the children to where only Xavier knows about? This way anyone who wants access can only get it through him. Xavier could allow the children to see their parents in person under specific circumstances. Or in the meantime, videocalls.

And for those who don't want it, what about about a toggle option that simply disables the pregnancy content?

Jul 9, 2022

Everyone on the team seems to be in favor but one of the issues is that the story is going to have a progressive timeline. Meaning that while it's a sandbox, we're planning on adding a lot more locations to the academy and even allowing free roaming in the town, time passes as chapters progress.

Right now the game takes place over the course of 6 years. It's planned to allow the player to have sex with Rogue, Jean, and X-23 during the first year. If one of the girls gets pregnant during that first year then we have to deal with their 5-year-old kids by the end of the game.

We're not going to program being a parenting simulator, so we're discussing how we're going to treat things as we also don't want the girls to simply ignore that they're moms.

But as I said we're in favor of it, we just want to think of a reasonable way to implement it.

Edit: We also have to account for players who DON'T want to turn the entirety of the X-Men universe into moms....
I mean, if you want to have pregnancy without worrying about our protagonist having to raise kids, you could have Cable/Rachel Summers/Bishop/Hope Summers/Whoever show up and tell him that his kid is important for the survival of mutantkind, then have the child whisked away to be raised in the future. Then, at the end of the game, Zero's kids could reappear- fully grown and ready to beat the shit out of Apocalypse.

Last edited:

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
These builds were always public, Ron post them himself on the public Rogue-Like mod discord and completely skipped internal team review.
Which he admits was a mistake. What I mean is that the state of the build was not intended for a full release in the form of this thread.

Few points for you though that Ron is still too ignorant to notice, even if he has made some of the changes to Rogue he cried foul over and tossed everyone aside to not do.
He's listened to pretty much every idea we've come up with and we've been putting everything of consequence to a vote.

1) Your artists are not conforming to a standard style manual. This is most obvious with the black outlining (the thickness isn't the same between artists and that detracts from the quality. This was mentioned to Ron) and the hair (the hair artist keeps including skintone towards the neck/body outside of the hair, this will cause layering issues with clothing and is most evident on Laura. This was also mentioned to Ron).
We're working with single artist and the layering issue has been fixed.

Even then we do have a standard style established now.

2) Ron is hardcoding the clothing items, they should use a library and definitions. This became evident when we did a code review to see if we could continue the project without Ron (before this revival). This will cause a ton of code bloat and is actually worse practices than Oni's code.
Not sure what it was like with the mod but he redid the code when it was decided that this would be an entirely new game. Clothing isn't hardcoded.

3) Ron really needs to review his code in other places as well, even the girl code is fairly broken up and will cause a lot of bloat and a lot of the other code looks like he stripped out and mashed together things I showed the team from Itch.
To my knowledge all this was handled and won't be an issue.

As far as the implementation of pregnancy and children, what about an off-site facility that houses the children to where only Xavier knows about? This way anyone who wants access can only get it through him. Xavier could allow the children to see their parents in person under specific circumstances. Or in the meantime, videocalls.
This is an option. Despite going with the comics more we're kinda avoiding having the mansion blown up every other week so an offsite place wouldn't be needed I'd think. I will bring this up with everyone though.

And for those who don't want it, what about about a toggle option that simply disables the pregnancy content?
This is actively being discussed. Even as I write this response.

A toggle option is an idea. Also considering just having every girl go on BC once they start being sexually active. Might have some on it by default.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I mean, if you want to have pregnancy without worrying about our protagonist having to raise kids, you could have Cable/Rachel Summers/Bishop/Hope Summers/Whoever show up and tell him that his kid is important for the survival of mutantkind, then have the child whisked away to be raised in the future. Then, at the end of the game, Zero's kids could reappear- fully grown and ready to beat the shit out of Apocalypse.
This is an option. I've personally made jokes about Cable and Rachel being the MC's kids lol.

The only problem I see with it is that we're going to have a Days of Future's Past story where we basically condensed the introduction of time travel into one chapter. Comic books are weird.

We're also not 100% sure if we even want to involve Madelyne Pryor. Because again, comic books are weird.

Also Zero isn't our protagonist any longer. The name, character customization, and personality displayed in conversation choices will be portrayed differently. Heck the power set is being altered in how it specifically works. Can't go into further detail right now.

Syliar

Jul 21, 2017
He's listened to pretty much every idea we've come up with and we've been putting everything of consequence to a vote.

We're working with single artist and the layering issue has been fixed.

Even then we do have a standard style established now.

Not sure what it was like with the mod but he redid the code when it was decided that this would be an entirely new game. Clothing isn't hardcoded.
Glad to hear he's taking votes now, amusingly had that been a thing I can safely say the entire original team would still be on the team. Also surprised he's cut the artists down the Laura and Rogue are to my knowledge the work of three separate artists (one for the heads, one for the body and one for the clothing). I'm talking about the Redacted code not the mod, we looked at it in depth.

Jurandirr

Dec 4, 2018

Edit: We also have to account for players who DON'T want to turn the entirety of the X-Men universe into moms.
I don't disagree but, maybe, some suspension of disbelief is necessary, some people rly would not care about then being pregnant for those 5 years, i wouldn't, could be just a toggle option for horny people too :Kappa:

Yes, it is. She wasn't supposed to be in the currently available build, but since we have some art assets, we have plans for stuff to do with her. Just don't expect anything soon.
Nice, i was confused if she ws supposed to be Emma, go for it

Reactions: Necreonlord4
4.60 star(s) 147 Votes