ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Any chance for a female protag and a lesbian patch?
This was discussed. It would double the dev time for updates and we really do not want to be in the same situation as Love and Sex is in with their female route.

The variability is going to be interesting, but I can imagine it'll also be a scripting challenge. Interested to see how it plays out.
Actually, from what Ron has explained, it's pretty simple. A number of events are in a pool that the game chooses from and when we talk to a character it will grab an appropriate event from the list. Certain events will be removed or added from that pool depending on what chapter and semester you are in. For example, no Halloween content outside Fall and no Christmas content outside Winter.

How is the sandbox part going to play along with a set timeline? Finite number of days/actions kind of thing?
Nope. Basically, you have a number of criteria to meet which is achieved through doing events and building trust between you and the team while roaming the sandbox, you'll be prompted once you meet the requirements to do the next main story beat and after you complete that bit of the story it will send you to the next school semester. You can simply ignore the prompt for as long as you want but you do have to complete your freshmen year(Chapter 1) to unlock all the sex content for the first set of girls.

If that doesn't sound realistic? Comic books are weird. Apparently, since the end of the cold war, every single comic in the Marvel universe has taken place over around a 14-year period. Yes, the writers at Marvel are saying there have only been 14 years between 1991 and 2022.

So you can spam 50 years worth of sleep in Chapter 1, Semester 2 and it will still be the exact same summer. However, by winter Jean, X-23, and Rogue would have known you for over the course of a "year" and thus trust you enough to bang.

The sliding timeline is bullshit but we're taking advantage of it XD

I asked for details and details was provided. I'm happy.

View attachment 2257269
I'm glad you're happy. I am free to provide answers to most questions and I think I've been doing a good job at saying what has been discussed and what is planned. Since there is a difference.

sladedadon

Mar 4, 2019
In terms of our character powers, are they more like Leech to where we nullify them or is it completely different?

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
In terms of our character powers, are they more like Leech to where we nullify them or is it completely different?
As stated, the premise remains intact, but we're going our own way with how we evolve the powers.

Xavier's Institute teaches mutants how to control their powers so you will be learning different ways to use them as the game goes on. There are creative ways of using the power other than simply grabbing hold of someone.

I can't divulge any further info as this is one of the few bits I am not allowed to reveal too much.

Sep 20, 2020
I love the idea of this game. I read all the details and the more I read, the more excited I get. All the ideas that you guys came up with is fantastic. I have 2 questions of my own -

Will the game have any dom/sub activity other than spanking? I'm not talking about a full blown bdsm dungeon but something more simple like maybe handcuffs or paddles or restraints?

And you said that different gals will like different things. Will there be a way to coerce them to like the opposite thing? Like Jean isn't really submissive in Oni's game (I know it's will be a completely different game from his game, but I'm using his game as a reference cuz it's the only other X-Men game that I played) - but you can increase her submission stat and thus she can be coerced to call you sir. Or will this game just have fixed personality (dom gals remaining dom and subs remaining sub)? Or is it that there willnt even be a submission factor because the game willnt have a submission bar(as stated in the original post)

Anyways - good luck on your development and Merry Christmas

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghostload

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Maybe I've missed this but is there going to be like, combats and other computer rpg stuff? seems like there could be.
We're working on the best way to implement this. I can't really think of any game of this nature that has had a satisfying combat system. As stated above we have plans for powers and letting you use them rather than them being in cutscenes would be cool, but there have been games I have LOVED but I've stopped playing because the combat system is just terrible or overly complicated.

Will the game have any dom/sub activity other than spanking? I'm not talking about a full blown bdsm dungeon but something more simple like maybe handcuffs or paddles or restraints?
Yes on all three of those points. Maybe a bit more. The focus is to have actual BDSM. Not just beating the crap out of characters and mind-breaking them.

I know it's fiction and all that but we want to make a game about the X-Men, not a bunch of characters that just look like the X-Men.*

And you said that different gals will like different things. Will there be a way to coerce them to like the opposite thing? Like Jean isn't really submissive in Oni's game (I know it's will be a completely different game from his game, but I'm using his game as a reference cuz it's the only other X-Men game that I played) - but you can increase her submission stat and thus she can be coerced to call you sir. Or will this game just have fixed personality (dom gals remaining dom and subs remaining sub)? Or is it that there willnt even be a submission factor because the game willnt have a submission bar(as stated in the original post)
There won't be a bar and you're not "increasing" submission. I know some people are into that kind of thing but the girls won't end up as like slaves or anything.

There will be girls who at the beginning will refuse any sex unless they're topping. Some girls are unsure or uninterested in sex where they're in control. Most can be convinced to meet a middle ground and some can be convinced to go to either end of the spectrum. Some girls will be switches and willing to 100% dom or 100% sub from the get go. Variety is the spice of life and all that.

I've done a ton of comic book research and handed my notes to the writers. Hopefully, players will enjoy what we come up with.

Anyways - good luck on your development and Merry Christmas
And a happy new year to you!

*Comic books are weird and characters have been inconsistent because of different writers. We've tried to finagle the most interesting, in our subjective opinions, depictions of the characters from the comics. Things will be different as we've had to rearrange and condense the timeline to explain things such as to why Rogue and X-23 are at the mansion before Jean has fully become the Phoenix but nothing weirder than what you've seen in the shows, movies, or comics.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
With all this descriptions of how you want to implement the characters and the sex, it feels like it'll be more "realistic" (of course not, but you get me). So how about true debauchery? Will we be able to have sex in public and orgies surrounded by people and that kind of stuff? Or will it be something limited to private environments?

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
So how about true debauchery? Will we be able to have sex in public and orgies surrounded by people and that kind of stuff? Or will it be something limited to private environments?
I'm not sure about the orgies. That's not a no. I genuinely don't know the plans for that.

Though public sex will be a thing and what I do know is that it will have a progression. No grinding to get "obedience" up and deflowering a girl in the lunch room during breakfast as your first sex interaction with them... Maybe. That could change later.

I will note, and this isn't directed to you specifically leathermax, that some people seem to be asking a lot of questions along the lines of "Will this feature in Oni's game be in your game?" I'll state for the record that the majority of answers to those questions will be a flat "No" or a "Yes, but we're doing it differently."

We're not seeking to replace Oni's game. That was never the intention. If you want a game where you can turn every girl into a cracked out slave who can't survive without drinking your cum? Play Oni's game. That's not me kink shaming, that's just something achievable in Rogue Like.

Feel free to ask if certain features will be in the game, and I'll answer them every time as I don't expect everyone to read the entire thread, but please don't go into this thinking it's going to be Rogue-Like but with different art.

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
I'm not sure about the orgies. That's not a no. I genuinely don't know the plans for that.

Though public sex will be a thing and what I do know is that it will have a progression. No grinding to get "obedience" up and deflowering a girl in the lunch room during breakfast as your first sex interaction with them... Maybe. That could change later.

I will note, and this isn't directed to you specifically leathermax, that some people seem to be asking a lot of questions along the lines of "Will this feature in Oni's game be in your game?" I'll state for the record that the majority of answers to those questions will be a flat "No" or a "Yes, but we're doing it differently."

We're not seeking to replace Oni's game. That was never the intention. If you want a game where you can turn every girl into a cracked out slave who can't survive without drinking your cum? Play Oni's game. That's not me kink shaming, that's just something achievable in Rogue Like.

Feel free to ask if certain features will be in the game, and I'll answer them every time as I don't expect everyone to read the entire thread, but please don't go into this thinking it's going to be Rogue-Like but with different art.
Thanks for your detailed answer. I don't mean that this will be a reskinned version of Oni, as I've been following this thread and it was left pretty clear that you intend to distance yourselves from RLE. I'm asking if some of the things I like that happen to be in that game will be here, and although I understand that this project is still pretty young and things can change from one day to another, I like to have a reference to get an idea of what this will end up being. Merry Xmas.

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Will the art be easily replaceable? There was talk during chonky mod times about making things accessible for asset packs and mods.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Will the art be easily replaceable?
Yes. Ron himself mentioned this.

I don't understand coding in the slightest, but we were talking about potentially returning to the art we have planned for the beta for quality improvement, more clothing, costumes, characters, etc.

To my understanding, it just looks for an asset named a certain thing and pulls from that. So mod packs would be pretty easy to make.

Edit: I assume from my very non-experienced understanding.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Great art! This look amazing! I can't wait to play:Do_O
Thanks. Glad you're hyped.

Btw i wanted to ask, in terms of performance how will this be compared to oni's
I'm confused by the question. Are you talking about bugs? We're actively testing and stomping them out now.

these are the girls for the first release?
Yep. Consider this image to be the official poster for now.

anyway good luck with this project, its looking good
Thanks! I'll let the team know.

Reactions: Jefechivoloco
4.60 star(s) 147 Votes