jtce

May 13, 2017
Stuck. I cant get Anna and Jean to be friends. Do I have to grind out them in the same room till they are?

Mar 4, 2022
Stuck. I cant get Anna and Jean to be friends. Do I have to grind out them in the same room till they are?
I read somewhere that swimming with them together in the pool is the most efficient way to increase this, although I haven't noticed much change in this mechanic.

Reactions: Sweetluvd

SomeoneX22

Dec 1, 2017
How long is the playtime/content for this game?
10-20 hours if you read I think, there is enough content for one playthrough for sure. Not enough to replay still, sadly :(
Can't wait when they are finally add new girls.

BTW is it just me or 1024*1024 textures for Live2D is just not enough? Looks blurry again like v0.2b even on 1080p screen.
ShinyBoots1993, have you consider bumping it to 2048*2048 or even 4096*4096?

Last edited:

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
I might be mistaken but Colossus was around 30 wen he became full fledged member of a team. And he was born in rural area of soviet union, so even if events happen in mid-2000's he live at least 10 years under regime, and even after collapse his live probably didn't change much. So him calling somebody "comrade", not that weird.

It's still commonly used word, especially if you speak with unknown man in position of authority, or group of strangers. Analog in English wold probably be calling someone a friend even if you don't know them.
I disagree with all of that.

It's "commonly used word" exactly where? In what kind of situations? As a greeting between military or police officers - yes, "Comrade Captain", "Comrade Lieutenant", etc. But not just "comrade", that word as an address to someone virtually disappeared in early 90's. Part about "unknown man in position of authority, or group of strangers" was mostly true in 80's and not after that. If you keep doing that now - you'll be definitely standing out and attracting attention.

About his rural roots - at least on one occasion he says "bozhe moi" - direct equivalent "oh my god" in English. Small village, elderly grandma taking him to small wooden church at Sunday - sounds plausible. But still at odds with the word "comrade" - too formal to use with family and neighbors - he knows them for all his life, there's no need to be official.

• Angry
Reactions: Kellerkind207

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019

It's "commonly used word" exactly where? In what kind of situations? As a greeting between military or police officers - yes, "Comrade Captain", "Comrade Lieutenant", etc. But not just "comrade", that word as an address to someone virtually disappeared in early 90's. Part about "unknown man in position of authority, or group of strangers" was mostly true in 80's and not after that. If you keep doing that now - you'll be definitely standing out and attracting attention.

About his rural roots - at least on one occasion he says "bozhe moi" - direct equivalent "oh my god" in English. Small village, elderly grandma taking him to small wooden church at Sunday - sounds plausible. But still at odds with the word "comrade" - too formal to use with family and neighbors - he knows them for all his life, there's no need to be official.
Colossus is one of those characters who is unfailingly polite and is very friendly towards others. He's going to refer to people in a formal way.

Not to mention that the X-men as a team are akin to a military unit, so anyone he's fought alongside of are going to be brothers and sisters in arms, or comrades.

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
Colossus is one of those characters who is unfailingly polite and is very friendly towards others. He's going to refer to people in a formal way.

Not to mention that the X-men as a team are akin to a military unit, so anyone he's fought alongside of are going to be brothers and sisters in arms, or comrades.
He's not some young communist from 30's, from someone born in 70's it sounds absurd. It's anachronistic at very least.

• Angry
Reactions: Kellerkind207

FarBonoFar

Jul 14, 2019

I may go a little overboard witch commonly used word, I know that I use it, my friends dose too, and occasionally I hear it used. But, then again, my parents quite old and I grow up in a family with close association with army and many family friends come from police ranks. Can't agree with you on the part of "standing out and attracting attention", It may be a bit archaic, after all more commonly used one would be "Брат" and "Друг", but not that different than "Уважаемый", especially if you need more respectable but still familiar way to address someone. But again, I judge based on my own experience and environment.

P.S To be completely honest, I don't really like this word in English, I think it sound very awkward. Just thought would be good to point out and discuss thing I thought was right.

We need to take intro account that Colossus is massive "cranberry", that live in the world with active third reich, I mean MF is Rasputin for all we know his first word could have been "death to Yusupov house". Our little theory already too complex, to justify his vocabulary. So it's would be best pin onto the fact that: commie talk like commie.

Last edited:

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
He's not some young communist from 30's, from someone born in 70's it sounds absurd. It's anachronistic at very least.
He's a character created in the 1970s, somethings are just baked into the character and will always be there.

Reactions: Skads

extrn

Dec 31, 2020
Stereotypes. The characters shown in a way the other parts of the world expect them to be.
American - a cowboy with two pistols
Asian - calm and polite deadly martial artist
Irish - funny drunkard (no offense, love you guys)
Russian - a guy who still lives in USSR

It's even funny, we used to this.

• Haha
Reactions: kahn lemon-san

Clobbertime

Jan 10, 2021
She's from the South, words are hard for them, as well as the letter "g"
We tend to not pronounce the g at the end of multi-syllable words ending with 'ing' but have no trouble with the g in single syllable wordes ending with 'ing'. The example above is the writer making a mistake and using a completely different word. It should have been spelled "progressin' ", just replacing the g with an apostrophe since not pronouncing the g is the only difference in the pronunciation of the word. Progression is a completely different word. Words are not hard for us, we just have our own way of saying them. To us, your the ones not pronouncing the words right.;)

Last edited:

Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022

It's worth adding to this that, as mentioned before, there's certain turns of phrase that are 'expected' when dealing with characters with nearly 60 years of history: if we didn't have Rogue call people 'Sugar', for example, there would be rioting in the streets, anarchy on a widespread scale. So yeah, it's expected to hear Colossus call people 'comrade' or to hear Nightcrawler say 'unglaublich'.

Is it unrealistic to hear if you're actually from those countries? Absolutely - just ask me about Wolfsbane's accent, as a native Scotsman. Is it anachronistic? No doubt about it. Does it still make comic book nerd happy brain chemicals go brrr? Sure does, and since we're still trying to be true to the comics, it's part of what makes it in, for better and worse.

Sortek

Jan 23, 2018
QUESTION!!! How do you improve the relationship between Jean and literally anyone else? In my game she does not get along with either Rogue or Laura. Someone once said just take them to the pool and make them swim together. But this is not possible in winter, obviously. Do I just progress through the story and hope they get along eventually?

4.60 star(s) 147 Votes