FacelessVixen

Formerly 'PrincessBitchJean'
Aug 25, 2017
Thanks a lot for answering! :)
Another question if you will
Would you recommend starting over without the cheat injector (yes im using sleepingkirby's)or is it not really worth it?
As in the difference is not that big if they start coming to terms with the poly now with the error or later "naturally" or the risk of the game being at fault and doing it anyway at some point?

EDIT: IF it even was the cheat injector of course.
My plan is to start 0.5b fresh (including deleting the saves in AppData) to see if their new adjustments work in practice (and catch more glimpses of the legendary Nine Inch Nails shirt). However, I do not feel comfortable recommending doing one thing or another, because whichever action you feel as though you should take depends on how you personally react to the issue.

The last time it happened to me in 0.4b, I was at the end of the game (as of this post), had Rogue at 1,000 for love and trust, was having sex with her, and she gave me the approval to date Jean, so getting bumped down to the mid 900's and not being able to talk to Rogue for a week over whatever "cheating" that the game thinks I did with Laura, is a relatively minor nuance all things considered, even though I'm less immersed and feel like I'm performing quality assurance; which to be fair, it expected for playing a game that is years away from 1.0. Also, my last experience with the bug was also my third experience with it, so I'm just kind of used to it and can make jokes about it, because it's not like getting caught cheating has any real consequences in game. It just hurts your feelings in a "Wait, what the fuck?! When did I ever...!" kind of way.

testington

Oct 2, 2017
My plan is to start 0.5b fresh (including deleting the saves in AppData) to see if their new adjustments work in practice (and catch more glimpses of the legendary Nine Inch Nails shirt). However, I do not feel comfortable recommending doing one thing or another, because whichever action you feel as though you should take depends on how you personally react to the issue.

The last time it happened to me in 0.4b, I was at the end of the game (as of this post), had Rogue at 1,000 for love and trust, was having sex with her, and she gave me the approval to date Jean, so getting bumped down to the mid 900's and not being able to talk to Rogue for a week over whatever "cheating" that the game thinks I did with Laura, is a relatively minor nuance all things considered, even though I'm less immersed and feel like I'm performing quality assurance; which to be fair, it expected for playing a game that is years away from 1.0. Also, my last experience with the bug was also my third experience with it, so I'm just kind of used to it and can make jokes about it, because it's not like getting caught cheating has any real consequences in game. It just hurts your feelings in a "Wait, what the fuck?! When did I ever...!" kind of way.
I'm not very far at all i think. So i'm just gonna wait for 0.5b and start it without any cheats. Doesn't seem to be super grindy anyway.
I personally don't find wrongly activated flags all that bad (like when it skips stuff or smth) but i know i'll always wonder if im missing something because of it when i'm not sure where the error lies and if it leads to more of them.
I appreciate you helping me and taking the time!

Reactions: FacelessVixen

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
They answer they're not ready but the next dialogue starts with "so we're boyfriend and girlfriend now?" "Yes!". And then they get mad at me for flirting with the rest.
What you described sounds like they agreed to be your girlfriend, but haven't agreed to being poly yet. Doesn't sound like a bug, sounds like you got confused.

We're working on both the poly and cheating system so it's more clear.

that the game has been shitting the bed as far as what detains cheating
We were using a flag system that didn't reset and events trigger in an order depending on their determined importance. So things got fucky. We're working on it as the dev team wants to continue with the relationship simulation aspects.

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
What you described sounds like they agreed to be your girlfriend, but haven't agreed to being poly yet. Doesn't sound like a bug, sounds like you got confused.

We're working on both the poly and cheating system so it's more clear.
If that's true, then I do have some advice for testington:

Pick one girl as your matriarch. Make sure that you two are solid, like, getting that double 1,000 isn't too much of a chore if you can jerk it to foreplay and heavy petting. Then ask your matriarch if you can date another girl. Start dating girl number two. Then ask your matriarch and girl number two if they're okay with you dating girl number three. Also, no gifts or going into their rooms at night, for a lack of me knowing that the 1's and 0's are for what counts as flirting or not. (And don't tell me what the flags are, because I rather figure it out though gameplay.)

Hopefully the process that I described will succeeded in 0.5b without Persona 4 Valentine's Day happening. And if it does, then, well... I like seeing the Nine Inch Nails shirt again.

Last edited:

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Column A, and maybe column B.

Column A being that the game has been shitting the bed as far as what detains cheating and getting polygamy approval goes for the past few updates. I didn't have any issues in the 0.2 and 0.3 versions, but the 0.4 versions is where things started getting messy. And sleepingkirby is more prepared than I am to talk about column B, assuming that you're using his cheat injector.
You rang?

I've been trying to take a break to work on personal projects (but still popping in to read stuff). To the point I still haven't read my PM's (sorry, leathermax)

In short, it's not my cheat injector. Mostly, all the cheat injector does is modify numeric values. The flirting thing is a flag, not a value. Don't have time to find my post, but I did a full breakdown of how/why this is happening. Basically, even when you're NOT in a relationship with someone and you flirt with someone in front of them (keep in mind that "in front of them" doesn't necessarily mean right in front of them. They just have to being the same room even if you don't see them on screen), the flag for flirting is set. And that flag will usually manifest when you ARE in a relationship with said someone.
With that said, the latest version of the cheat allows you to turn off them being mad to help mitigate this bug. This means they won't refuse interactions with you, but it doesn't unset the flirting flag. But that flag become largely irrelevant after 3 days (as per game mechanics).

I personally DO recommend starting a new game if you haven't AFTER 0.5a. This is ONLY because, as of season 4 and version 0.5a it's possible to NOT activate certain quirks for some characters as there was a quirk system rewrite (and addition) between 0.4 and 0.5a. ShinyBoots1993 has assured me at some point that later on, this won't remain an issue. But, for now, if you want to experience those new quirks, short of using the console, the best way to do so is restarting the game.

Last edited:

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Thanks a lot for answering! :)
Another question if you will
Would you recommend starting over without the cheat injector (yes im using sleepingkirby's)or is it not really worth it?
As in the difference is not that big if they start coming to terms with the poly now with the error or later "naturally" or the risk of the game being at fault and doing it anyway at some point?

EDIT: IF it even was the cheat injector of course.
Nothing about the cheat injector should permanently bork a save file. The one slight exception is breaking love/trust limits on each season. But, as you play the game, the game itself will auto correct those value to the max limits for that season.

As Shiny said in a previous post, the relationship quests are designed to be independent of the main storyline. So if you do them sooner or later, it doesn't affect much. Poly now or later should not affect the game with or without cheats.

Reactions: testington

Xizor111

May 17, 2020
Anyone else trying to sit out on the game updates until Storm gets added as a romance option? Without Storm, X-Men just are missing something...

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
Anyone else trying to sit out on the game updates until Storm gets added as a romance option? Without Storm, X-Men just are missing something...
Considering that Storm was the sixth girl to be added to RLE, which took about four years to happen counting from when I first noticed the game in 2017 six years to happen from that game's inception in 2015, compared to this game where Storm will be added early next year... no; I will not miss out on updates to Rogue's ass just because of that.

Jul 28, 2017
If that's true, then I do have some advice for testington:

Pick one girl as your matriarch. Make sure that you two are solid, like, getting that double 1,000 isn't too much of a chore if you can jerk it to foreplay and heavy petting. Then ask your matriarch if you can date another girl. Start dating girl number two. Than ask your matriarch and girl number two if they're okay with you dating girl number three. Also, no gifts or going into their rooms at night, for a lack of me knowing that the 1's and 0's are for what counts as flirting or not. (And don't tell me what the flags are, because I rather figure it out though gameplay.)

Hopefully the process that I described will succeeded in 0.5b without Persona 4 Valentine's Day happening. And if it does, then, well... I like seeing the Nine Inch Nails shirt again.
back-to-the-future-taking-notes.gif

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Considering that Storm was the sixth girl to be added to RLE, which took about four years to happen counting from when I first noticed the game in 2017 six years to happen from that game's inception in 2015, compared to this game where Storm will be added early next year... no; I will not miss out on updates to Rogue's ass just because of that.
Seeing as she's going to be in Chapter 2. In the best-case scenario, Storm gets added late this year. Worst case scenario she gets added in late Spring, Mid Summer next year.

My math may be off there.

1.png

I know there are a lot of Storm lovers out there (Internal polls on the discord show a lot of people are eager for her) but we wanna finish some things first.

This isn't a dig at Oni or anyone in particular but it's very common to see projects just leave something unfinished to work on another part of the project.

Again not a dig(Especially because I do like the game a lot) but Summertime Saga had to go on an update hiatus for like 2 years to unscramble spaghetti code to have a tech update. The tech update is out, but a lot of older content still needs to be readded.

We want to get things done in a manageable order so that we'll never have to worry about complications.

The positive thing is that when Storm does become available we will NEVER have to rework her content a dozen times like we have been doing with the quirk re-write, the art update, the live 2D, the relationship system, and a whole ass list of stuff we've been doing.

That's the benefit of being in such early development. We get a bunch of the major stuff done first and then we can add-on content without worry about having to go back to it.

Referencing the stuff we cut for time, when we do eventually add that stuff it will just be plug and play because we got all our shit in order before we continued progress.

This also means that if we ever add gay or female Null, all of the systems will be in place, and as a card-holding member of the dick sucker association I can help write out all the Wolverine and Nightcrawler gay-fucking. We also have official vagina havers so you don't have to worry about a bunch of straight dudes trying to write like they have one.

For those confused as to my multiple tangents. Hi, I'm Shiny. I info dump when I get rolling to answer questions before they're asked.

FacelessVixen

Aug 25, 2017
...This also means that if we ever add gay or female Null, all of the systems will be in place, and as a card-holding member of the dick sucker association I can help write out all the Wolverine and Nightcrawler gay-fucking.

...I mean, that specific pairing is too masculine for my mostly straight orientation, but I'm all for the inclusion for those who want it.

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
we will NEVER have to rework her content a dozen times
Aren't you afraid of jinxing it with statements like that?

Also, a short question - there is a slight change in 0.5b I've just found: MC is always either "neutral" or "sweaty". Does that mean there could be more possible states? Like "suspiciously smelling like %girl's name% perfume" or something?

jefxxxyxyz

Nov 10, 2018
This also means that if we ever add gay or female Null, all of the systems will be in place, and as a card-holding member of the dick sucker association I can help write out all the Wolverine and Nightcrawler gay-fucking. We also have official vagina havers so you don't have to worry about a bunch of straight dudes trying to write like they have one.

For those confused as to my multiple tangents. Hi, I'm Shiny. I info dump when I get rolling to answer questions before they're asked.
have you tried not being gay?

Reactions: TheRealDJ_5
4.60 star(s) 147 Votes