ThePumpkin

Dec 15, 2021
Just started the game and already in awe.
Character design, zones, dialogue. All amazing quality and has that feeling of a comic book.
I may be wrong but it seems to be AI generated. If it's hand made then all I can say is wow.
If it's hand made then this might be too stressful to maintain this level of details and can increase
the chances of it being abandoned.

In case it is AI generated then the level of stress is majorly decreased while easily maintaining this level of art.

As I am new, people can tell me which of the two is actually in play here.
nonetheless, If the game does good it can easily be on first page of most popular games in f95.
Or I can just be exaggerating, first time seeing this level of details Afterall.

Eland51298

Aug 19, 2022
Okay, anyone else find it a little suspicious that suddenly everyone is mentioning AI?
Something stinks to me about this sudden interest
(Just to be clear, I am not accusing the developers of using AI and just wondering why all of a sudden now people have started mentioning it and several people after each other)

Dittymyman

Feb 23, 2019
There seems to be an error where bedrooms are considered public places; if this has already been reported, sorry for the repetition. For reference this was flirting with laura in her room while not in an open relationship with rogue.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
There seems to be an error where bedrooms are considered public places; if this has already been reported, sorry for the repetition. For reference this was flirting with laura in her room while not in an open relationship with rogue.
I'll pass it onto the devs.

Maddeninggg

Mar 19, 2019
AI Art can't handle paper dolls. This is what she actually looks like in the game files. AI literally can't make paper dolls like this at this time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This many interchangeable parts that fit together without seams or errors needs an actual artist.
As Derp mentions here, managing to create all these little layers and variants for the facial expressions/animations would be basically impossible with AI. There's a *lot* of unseen layers behind the scenes, and we have dozens upon dozens of expressions/poses and clothing pieces that all need to be congruent with the rest of the character art. AI isn't that consistent.

DrFree

Apr 23, 2019
It's how older virgins would like young people to have sex these days, it's the same as it ever was.

This threw me back to this video. It stuck out to me ever since the first time I saw it.

• Haha
Reactions: SolSpell

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Is it just me or is every single action always accompanied by "can I do X"?
Yeah, asking permission is like a fetish in this game or something, irl chicks get irritated if you do that, they just wanna get fucked.
Probably my only real criticism of this great game. The constant need for consent is irritating. I just assumed this is how young people have sex these days...haha. Should be changed where she just objects if you go to far rather having to ask for every action.

This threw me back to this video. It stuck out to me ever since the first time I saw it.
As mentioned awhile back, we're doing a rewrite of it. Just takes time folks.

You're playing an outdated version of the game. Download the latest. We can't offer support for older versions.

Reactions: Dittymyman

buttfan

Feb 24, 2021
I just find interesting when people use "anything coded" since that's not "that's how it comes off to me" but rather "how the artist intended for it to be interpreted"
Which is something artists simply do most of the time, bro here just severely misunderstood the intention for this one, lol.
Oh yes, artists certainly do try to put meaning into things, and sometimes they do it even unintentionally (an unconscious bias that they put in without explicitly meaning to), but it seems to me that most people don't actually get what the artist intended unless it was blatantly obvious, seeing instead their own interpretation based on their own biases.

John Lennon - who did put meanings into his songs for sure - was amused by people spending so much time trying to find meanings in all his songs, even ones that had no deep meaning. After getting a letter from a student at his former high school "that his English teacher had assigned the Beatles’ lyrics to the class — the students were to analyze the songs", Lennon decided to "confuse, befuddle, and mess with the Beatles experts”, and a unsuspecting high school teacher, by writing the song 'I Am The Walrus', which is - according to Lennon - by and large utter nonsense with just whatever crossed his mind at the time he wrote it. Which hasn't stopped people spending a lot of time and effort to find the hidden meaning anyway.

Is it just me or is every single action always accompanied by "can I do X"?
Apparently that was a bit of an overreaction on the part of the Devs when some... people wanted it to be a rape simulator instead of a dating sim. They basically did it to spite that lot. As Shiny says they will calm it down at some point, probably before going on to Chapter 2.

As Derp mentions here, managing to create all these little layers and variants for the facial expressions/animations would be basically impossible with AI. There's a *lot* of unseen layers behind the scenes, and we have dozens upon dozens of expressions/poses and clothing pieces that all need to be congruent with the rest of the character art. AI isn't that consistent.
Also, their hands and feet look like hands and feet, not like they were drawn by Rob Liefeld while stoned.

Oh... and the reason a lot of things look like AI is because a lot of things were analyzed by AI to learn how to do things, so commonalities in those ended up becoming how AI makes stuff. The assumption is backwards.
It's like complaining about Cassablanca being so cliche (it was the source of the things that became cliche), or Lord of the Rings being like Star Wars (kinda the other way around...)

That's not to say that any art from Null Hypothesis was analyzed by any AI programs, just that the art here is of a particular style that is used by quite a few artists, and became part of the program. RLE was trying to copy the style of the TV show X-Men Evolution, while NH is trying to copy the (general) style of the comics (complicated by different artists having drawn the same characters in different ways).

Last edited:

Clincher

Oct 20, 2017
Okay, just to be clear. I don't think that ALL the art in the game is the result of AI work, definitely not. However, this NEW art of Rogue in this pose looks like it's been given the AI treatment. “Enhancement”, upscaling, whatever you want to call it. Specifically the body - chest, stomach, and everything below.
In retrospect, yes, perhaps I should have worded my thought with these amendments right away.

• Haha
Reactions: Eland51298

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
easy question: can we get an XL plug? (and some funny dialogue with that one?)
I'll pass it onto the devs. It coule be amusing. :LOL:

Okay, just to be clear. I don't think that ALL the art in the game is the result of AI work, definitely not. However, this NEW art of Rogue in this pose looks like it's been given the AI treatment. “Enhancement”, upscaling, whatever you want to call it. Specifically the body - chest, stomach, and everything below.
In retrospect, yes, perhaps I should have worded my thought with these amendments right away.
I don't know what to tell you my dude. We receive in-progress sketches throughout the creation process and due to it being a paper doll it has so many pieces. An AI can't be responsible for its creation. They're not advanced enough.

While I risk coming off as more slighted than I actually am, I think it is quite demeaning to accuse an artist of using AI when they improved upon a design and gave it more detail aka "upscale". It's an insult to their skill and character.

You should probably self-analyze and think about what you consider AI art because you're seeing it in places where it doesn't exist.

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
I don't know what to tell you my dude. We receive in-progress sketches throughout the creation process and due to it being a paper doll it has so many pieces. An AI can't be responsible for its creation. They're not advanced enough.

While I risk coming off as more slighted than I actually am, I think it is quite demeaning to accuse an artist of using AI when they improved upon a design and gave it more detail aka "upscale". It's an insult to their skill and character.

You should probably self-analyze and think about what you consider AI art because you're seeing it in places where it doesn't exist.
Admittedly I've tried using AI to enhance my own art (with mixed results), but I think many people see anything that looks airbrushed or has a digital oil painting look to it as being made with everyone's favorite art AI algorithm, Stable Diffusion.

I honestly feel bad for the folks running all the online art forums because they've been having a hell of a time with people uploading AI work and claiming it as their own, especially earlier on in this big AI boom.

Clincher

Oct 20, 2017
It is absolutely possible for an artist to run parts of their work through AI tools to "enhance" the quality and detail. By presenting my argument as if I believe that art was entirely the result of AI, you distort my argument and cast me in a more dishonest light.

You are slighted. And while I understand there it coming from, this makes you kinda not see my question more clearly and therefore not answer very convincingly.

I have recently had to deal with AI art quite a lot (so, so many digital boobs ffs). You involuntarily begin to recognize patterns, skin shine, body proportions, symmetry in certain places where it usually does not exist. I'm absolutely sure that the game's art is entirely due to the artist honest work, but so far this Rogue art looks like the artist decided to try using AI tools to improve it. Of course I'm not sure, this is just an observation. It will become clearer as we see further progress, i guess. Will be first to admit I was wrong, no shame in that.

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
Just a general announcement. My cheat has been updated to include removal of statuses via Hum-Hum. While this won't fix/overcome any bugs via cross version saves and the new friendship system, it should help ease the gameplay for those stuck in that situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: ShinyBoots1993

jakesco

Jun 30, 2022
If I remember correctly chapter 2 has storm already confirmed which leaves 3 more girls for that chapter. who would be your guys' ideal three? what are your guesses?
My ideal would be:
Kitty
Wanda
Magik

My guesses would be:
Kitty
Jubilee
Polaris

Reactions: armond

armond

Apr 26, 2020
If I remember correctly chapter 2 has storm already confirmed which leaves 3 more girls for that chapter. who would be your guys' ideal three? what are your guesses?
My ideal would be:
Kitty
Wanda
Magik

My guesses would be:
Kitty
Jubilee
Polaris
Kitty
Emma
Wanda
Would be potentially fun