Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
Nocturne looks good. I wanna top dudes too but not in this game. Ya'll write a lot so I skimmed and didn't really follow the convo. I'd leave the dudes for a fanmod.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Y'all got chatting and answered each other's questions so I don't have much to add.

Assuming we're not twigs, and her strength is held back by our power... that would be an interesting scenario for my Null, if he's allowed to be either jacked or ripped.
She was also trained to be a world-class assassin BEFORE her mutant abilities manifested. Null is meant to be an everyday guy. Whether you role-play him as a confident jock, a frightened nerd, or a pissed-off delinquent, he's still a normal dude straight out of high school in his freshmen year of college.

Being jacked means nothing if she can easily use your weight against you with Judo or other styles that use grappling and tripping techniques.

In basically every setting (with exceptions like Age of Apocalypse, where everyone was depressed and angry all the time, not without good reason), Kurt's the kind of guy who'd be having a bad day and make it his mission to make everyone else feel better because it'll make him feel better. He's the kindest, genuinely nicest guy on the team and he's always willing to believe the best in people, even those who've betrayed him - his mother is Mystique for fuck's sake, and every time she gets involved in something, his reaction is still 'trust but verify and wait for the twist'. And she's legitimately tried to kill him multiple times.
I think he's the least dickish character even in the worst timelines.

But yeah considering he's willing to forgive people for attempts at murder, he'll forgive you for hurting his friends' feelings if they do.

I'd leave the dudes for a fanmod.
My man, if someone could replicate the art style for dudes and put it out at a pace matching how quickly we get girl art, I'd be the first person to bring them onto the team.

Welcome to the team, don't let it get to your head. Beware the terms.
Also this.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
She was also trained to be a world-class assassin BEFORE her mutant abilities manifested. Null is meant to be an everyday guy. Whether you role-play him as a confident jock, a frightened nerd, or a pissed-off delinquent, he's still a normal dude straight out of high school in his freshmen year of college.

Being jacked means nothing if she can easily use your weight against you with Judo or other styles that use grappling and tripping techniques.
Yeah, you're right. Null's just screwed, in a fight - but she's going to be begging for a pause in bed, y'all better let us make her beg for a pause.

Editing just to say that I know she's not one to beg, I reckon the fact. It was just a way of saying that I hope we can best her at something other than a fight.

Last edited:

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I hope we can best her at something other than a fight.
Emotional maturity? Videogames/Sports/Crafting? Balancing a checkbook?

Honestly, if it isn't related to murder or how to manipulate her way into getting into a position to murder, you're already better than her at it.

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Emotional maturity? Videogames/Sports/Crafting? Balancing a checkbook?

Honestly, if it isn't related to murder or how to manipulate her way into getting into a position to murder, you're already better than her at it.
I reckon Null'll better at handling issues without needing violence, but mine'll want to be better at handling her.

Sep 20, 2020
I'm sure you've answered the question already but the posts are so long now that it's getting harder to read them. What is Null's superpower?
Welcome to the team, don't let it get to your head. Beware the terms.
English isn't my mother tongue so sorry if it's a stupid question - but why would I let me being bi-sexual get to my head? And I'll be more aware of the terms - I didn't mean to offend anyone

Last edited:

Crichton

Aug 5, 2018
I'm sure you've answered the question already but the posts are so long now that it's getting harder to read them. What is Null's superpower?

English isn't my mother tongue so sorry if it's a stupid question - but why would I let me being bi-sexual get to my head? And I'll be more aware of the terms - I didn't mean to offend anyone
He can nullify other mutant's powers. The thing getting to your head, according to that sentence, is "being on the team"

Edit: Yo Shiny, how are the backgrounds and bug testing going?

Last edited:

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Temporarily nullification - also read as: pacification or erasure - of other mutant powers. Similar to Rogue-like, but to a minor extent.
Just making sure it's clear, it's only a temporary affair, the powers you nullified come back.

English isn't my mother tongue so sorry if it's a stupid question - but why would I let me being bi-sexual get to my head?
Don't let the worry of not being heterosexual make you confused, don't let it control what you learn or how you learn - make questions as much as you want; you've got people who'll help you with any question you might have on this newly-found part of your life.

And I'll be more aware of the terms - I didn't mean to offend anyone
You didn't offend - the 'beware' could also be read as 'get to know' so; 'Get to know the terms.'

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
why would I let me being bi-sexual get to my head?
It was a joke.

I didn't mean to offend anyone
You didn't.

Yo Shiny, how are the backgrounds and bug testing going?
Just got one of the last ones a few minutes ago and we're currently(as I am writing this) testing music and other features I'm not allowed to spoil :p

Just making sure it's clear, it's only a temporary affair, the powers you nullified come back.
Only temporary.

As to how, what degree, why, and all those other contextual clues... Well that'll be explored as you train ;)

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Crichton

Rapeseed

Apr 19, 2020
Just got one of the last ones a few minutes ago and we're currently(as I am writing this) testing music and other features I'm not allowed to spoil :p
You're already spoiling us rotten with this info. I want to make especulations based on what I know about game development but I don't want to make people expect a sooner release because of me.
Can't wait for you guys to get it gold, tho'. But even after gold, please - please do a last battery of tests. You only get one chance to re-release the game in a good state.

Mugetsu_x

Mar 22, 2018
So, i have been following this game since it was called "Project Redacted" and i believe there was another abandoned topic for this game except this one. I really like artstyle, that`s really amazing and i hope there would be more character progression between MC and another characters (not only romantic, but just friendly relationships). You know, Oni game is good and everything, but for me, it lacks some chemistry between characters. I dont write here usually, but і wanted to express my admiration to Shiny and the team and thank you for your time and efforts. Also, i am not a native english speaker and didn`t write something in English for a while. So... God, i hope i didn`t write some gibbrish.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
i hope there would be more character progression between MC and another characters (not only romantic, but just friendly relationships).
We have friendship options available for all characters. Some events will be locked off but those are scenes explicitly portraying a romantic relationship with the character. Such as being introduced to their parents as their boyfriend.

it lacks some chemistry between characters.
Characters will be explicitly shown as friends independent of your actions. In fact your actions may strengthen friendships.

I dont write here usually, but і wanted to express my admiration to Shiny and the team and thank you for your time and efforts.
Thanks!

• Wow
Reactions: Mugetsu_x

rick1463

Mar 8, 2019
Is it ok to post wishlists? I mean, just for fun, not to be taken as requests? I have my fingers crossed for these characters to be in the game (at some point): New Mutants characters such as Wolfsbane (and having her change from human to werewolf form and back again), Moonstar and Magik; as well as other X-girls such as Kitty Pryde, Pixie, Jubilee, Stepford Cuckoos, Moira and Armor.

I would also have loved some punishment spanking, but it was already revealed that nothing "non-consensual" would be included in the game, so I guess there will probably be some "foreplay" spanking but nothing that can be considered punishment.

Some other "punishment" I would have loved would be embarrassing situations, such as making the girls wear embarrassing clothes (some of the characters might be embarrassed to wear childish clothes, and others might be embarrassed to wear revealing clothes, depending on each character's personality) or wear butt plugs to class, and seeing their faces go red with shame because of it (to show that they are not enjoying it), but I guess that would also count as "non-consensual".

Anyway, what has been said to be included in the game sounds awesome, though, and I'm quite excited about it. Thanks for sharing. (y)

Last edited:

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Wasn't aware we'd have that - what a nice surprise.
I mean several X-Gals have living parents.

So what kinda bughunt schedule are we looking at?
No idea. Not a bug hunter. :p

We still got a bit of programming to do as we're programming one thing at a time, testing it, then programming the next part to then test as well as make sure that the next part didn't cause bugs for previous content.

You'll be getting the full four semesters of Freshmen year excluding the finale leading into chapter 2. Gotta make sure we squash those bugs. Someone mentioned earlier that we gotta nail this first release and we plan on it.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes