Buttholder

Feb 25, 2022
See those are all great ideas on how to execute it but it still breaks the sandbox. It' why we're not moving to the Bermuda Triangle or Australia.

We MAY open up San Francisco for awhile but y'all wanted a Sandbox and the team wants a sandbox. Suddenly shifting the sandbox in a way that restricts girls from showing up for more than a single semester/season isn't an option.

Though I will advocate for either DLC or a side project that's just AoA Null... Before they beat AoA like a dead horse. Like even the wiki is brief and missing citations for the later stuff.
Exactly why I said it'd be better for a side/alternate reality game. You can do it easily and those two ways I mentioned were literally right off the top of my head based purely on existing plots or what the character's powers are. But if you're planning on sticking to the base formula/gameplay loop as much as possible and making sure people aren't restricted in any way from chasing their personal Best Girl, that would be more work outside of vague premonitions of a Bad Future.
Also what makes you think Rachel Summers won't be making an appearance? :sneaky:
Honestly, not much. I'm pretty much expecting everyone from Sage to Ariel to Blindfold to show up at some point. Hopefully not 80s Excalibur-era Rachel though, that weird mullet/rat tail braid she had was ugly as hell. Early 00s-era Rachel with the pixy cut and sunglasses, on the other hand, now we're talking.

Like Cameron Hodge is way too cool a villain to skip over. We need Bishop, Cable, and Stryfe to be a thing. The Horsemen of Apocalypse and Mister Sinister need to make their appearances.
Hodge going further and further into weird cyborg body horror with every new appearance was one of my favourite things about that period. Every time he showed up, you knew things were going to get weird as shit. And then the Phalanx got involved and, whelp!

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Hopefully not 80s Excalibur-era Rachel though, that weird mullet/rat tail braid she had was ugly as hell. Early 00s-era Rachel with the pixy cut and sunglasses, on the other hand, now we're talking.
We do go over which designs we want. Physical appearance is usually chosen from less stylized art so a lot of the weird 80s stuff and edgy 90s looks are rejected in favor of things from the 2000s onward.

We do however take all outfits shown in the comics into consideration. While it won't be a primary focus, I haven't mentioned before that if we have the time and funding, we'd go the route of switching up super uniforms every chapter or so. Since that is only 6 for the initial 3 and it gets reduced for every girl each chapter, we will probably throw a lot of those suits in as side quest rewards.

chacha95

Jul 15, 2019
I am so ready for this. Honestly, Shiny should try to do some hype control, cause my expectations are through the roof. How much playtime can I expect from Chapter 1? I read quickly.

Reactions: JeremyRenner

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Any ETA for the game release ?
Should be out this month if IRL doesn't get in the way.

I am so ready for this. Honestly, Shiny should try to do some hype control, cause my expectations are through the roof.
Well cowgirl and foot jobs aren't gonna be in the first release. Neither is the BDSM system. Several side conversations will be absent, there won't be any side quest or stories unrelated to the main plot. The mini games we've been planning most likely won't make it in the first release, there won't be as many outfits as we'd prefer. Some characters we want to be free roaming NPCs won't be because of the time it'd take to make art. The chapter 1 finale also won't be in the first release.

This was all decided to not have the game come out in June.

Everything listed will make it in as updates.

How much playtime can I expect from Chapter 1? I read quickly.
Well it's a sandbox not a visual novel and we're focusing a lot on animation and presentation. Like you won't be seeing a stationary paperdoll sliding in and out of view. So if you just read and skip past dialogue you'll be missing out on 80% of the effort we put into making the conversations look good. It won't be 100% to our liking in the first couple releases but eventually we have plans for something that can almost be considered a motion comic.

A lot of these games just have a box at the bottom of the screen with the characters not moving at all. We've purposely put in a visual flare. With plans on adding more.

TL;DR

We put a lot of effort in presentation. You could probably get it done in a few hours if you ignored that and skipped all the dialogue and the flashy animations we prepared.

4.60 star(s) 152 Votes