4.60 star(s) 165 Votes

Riptide

Aug 17, 2016
For a long time I wanted to write my opinion, but I was always too lazy.
Something constantly made me angry, irritated me in this game, but I couldn’t understand what exactly. The art is good and the text is nice, and the possibilities in the game are good, but something still irritated me. And then I realized.
So - how this game was inspired by the game from Oni,
then I think it would be fair to compare these 2 games.
The team are clear that this is inspired by RLE, but they are different games. This one is relationship/plot focussed, for your points 1 and 3 that's the nature of the game. The dev team encourage playing RLE because they are different.

2. Relationships and the system of their development are also upsetting. I don't like Laura and Jean. At all. I don’t want to build relationships with them, waste time on them, take them on dates, etc. However, the game says that I should. But I don't want to, no, you have to. The Oni`s game gives me a choice with whom to build relationships and how to build them. Or forget about some character(s).
There is no requirement to develop any relationship, you can pretty much ignore them past the initial intro.

Wishes:
The same restaurant/movie. Add a biker club for Rogue, a boxing club for Laura,
and something nice for Jean. Let's say an ice cream parlor where she feeds her little brother ice cream. Draw some kind of sex hotel, a “red room” (BDSM hotel) in the city. And finally add threesome.
New locations are part of work in progress, we're told, awaiting art.

apyrvalg

Oct 9, 2018
I know in v0.4a, even if you're not in an official relationship yet, if you've flirted with someone "in front" of Rogue (as in, she doesn't have to be on screen but she is in the same room) that gets logged as cheating which won't go into affect until AFTER you've gotten into a relationship with her and after she's agreed to being poly and you've dated another girl and even told her about it. Did the devs fix that in this version?
So that was a bug! And I thought that was "realism and immersion" thing.
Nope, it's still there as of 0.5a.

Reactions: sleepingkirby

jakesco

Jun 30, 2022
No, there isn't a a way. This is statically define in code. Basically, Rogue and Laura are best friends via plot, any other combination, if I remember correctly, can only reach good friends.
Short answer: Game-wise,once you've reached good friends,you're good for any game requirements/criteria

Long answer:
Every character has a friend value, range and definition for every other character. The way it's calculated is if, for example, Rogue's friendship value with Jean is 40, and that's the top of the range,it's considered tier 1. That tier is then checked with the tier definitions. That definition determines if it's good friend (1), best friend (2), etc.
Last I checked (yesterday, I added that as part of my cheat injector), the max tier definition for most character to each other is 1. Rogue and Laura's is 2. That's also to say that Rogue's friendship value to Jean can be at 1000 and they'd still be just "good friends" while Rogue's friendship value to Laura can be 50 and they'd be considered best friends.
appreciate the response. this helps out a lot thank you. now i don't have to waste time trying to get them to best friends. also makes sense since jean has not had any scenes one on one with either of the other girls the way Laura and Rogue have.

Reactions: sleepingkirby

MisterKr

Dec 27, 2017
It's a little unclear how to make a girl wear the item you've chosen, or how to choose certain clothes you've already created

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Will there be animation of sex scenes with clothes on?
why update add more cloth but when star sex we need to take cloth out anyway
We'd need to basically get new sex art for every clothing combination in the game.

Oni's sex system uses independent pieces linked together to give the perception of movement.

Our system is live2D. So it's one piece of art being manipulated to look like it's not.

In Oni's case, you can see how it can be a little awkward. The sex models are often different than the standing models and then you get strange things like Rogue's arm being fully extended when giving you a hand job.

While our system looks more fluid, it is limited in clothing we can use.

Maybe Kitty?
She's on the list of potential girls.

The team are clear that this is inspired by RLE, but they are different games. This one is relationship/plot focussed, for your points 1 and 3 that's the nature of the game. The dev team encourage playing RLE because they are different.

There is no requirement to develop any relationship, you can pretty much ignore them past the initial intro.

New locations are part of work in progress, we're told, awaiting art.
All of this is true.

this really needs an AI art tag
If you're okay jerkin it to sameface and MC Escher hands that's fine. I'd at least like the ability to filter it out
It's not AI art. I have no idea what you're talking about in regard to sameface or MC escher hands. Our game doesn't have either of these issues.

jefxxxyxyz

Nov 10, 2018
How much VRAM do you have? It actually is possible that a new save might fix some of the memory issues depending on how old the save is, but if the issue is that the image cache is too big for your GPU then there might not be a way around it :(

I've tried a bunch of things to optimize the game, but the main bottleneck I'm hitting right now is that Live2D requests that Ren'Py load in all of a model's images every time the model is shown. eg. Rogue has like 46 images because of all the clothing items, and they aren't that small

I've thought about trying to modify Ren'Py to check if a model's image is actually going to be used before loading, but it's not a trivial check and has some downstream consequences that I haven't felt like messing with yet

open to suggestions. right now I think something like 4 GB of VRAM is required to play the game, but even that might be pushing it
I had my first crash too. my computer has a way to set the gpu performance and normally this game runs on the lowest mode, but I crashed it in summer fucking with rogue's outfits

Reactions: UnsavouryPursuits

jefxxxyxyz

Nov 10, 2018
I had a weird thing
>summer
>only used console commands to give me money
>for some reason Laura capped her stats but never said I love you
>got the I love you and sex scenes from the other 2
>use the console commands to set all the girls stats to 9999999999 (laura was already capped and I think rogue or jean was capped and the other was pretty close)
>use the classroom and flirt options to fix the stats being out of bounds
>2 days later laura says "I love you"

Oct 21, 2023
I had my first crash too. my computer has a way to set the gpu performance and normally this game runs on the lowest mode, but I crashed it in summer fucking with rogue's outfits
I'd like to add on the performance thingy, that even with all of those issues present today, it still works faster and smoother than RGE.
Idk who makes it, I have no idea even what's going on in the game, because it is lagging more than some 4k animations.
Either there's an AI for the characters that can match OpenAI in race for AGI, or it is one big spaghetti fest.

It's not AI art. I have no idea what you're talking about in regard to sameface or MC escher hands. Our game doesn't have either of these issues.
It is so abstract for me...
I'm experimenting and trying to make Live2D character but with SD and with as little editing as possible, and I am nowhere near after months of trying.

And dude comes in an calls this thing AI gen like it's a matter of pressing a one button xD

jvbatman

Feb 16, 2024
I had a weird thing
>summer
>only used console commands to give me money
>for some reason Laura capped her stats but never said I love you
>got the I love you and sex scenes from the other 2
>use the console commands to set all the girls stats to 9999999999 (laura was already capped and I think rogue or jean was capped and the other was pretty close)
>use the classroom and flirt options to fix the stats being out of bounds
>2 days later laura says "I love you"
This is something I really hope they improve. There are a bunch of hidden flags in the game for scenes that are supposed to trigger but no indication at all in what you're supposed to do to trigger them. I've played through the game twice and still haven't gotten Laura to want to have sex. It would be really nice if there was something you could do proactively as a player in order to unlock this content instead of waiting for the game to decide it wants it to happen or at least a quest journal that said "wander around the halls until Laura talks to you" or "go to sleep by yourself over and over until she shows up in your room." At a certain point you have no idea if the game isn't doing what it's supposed to or you're not doing some very specific thing that they based the next scene triggering off of.

Chernobog1903

May 28, 2022
I need some help, please

So im on mobile and i think im stuck
How do i get x-23 and rogues friendship up for the optional quest

And how do i improve the relationship between rogue and jean?

4.60 star(s) 165 Votes