4.60 star(s) 165 Votes

Kamimarro

Nov 12, 2019
How to make girls best friends ? I spam them to go to pool and swim, but is there any way to make things faster ?

Jun 18, 2022
is the current build "complete" enough to a point where restarting a playthrough is no longer need? Basically saves will always work in the next update or not yet? I really don't wanna start all over again and do that grind xD

sleepingkirby

Aug 8, 2017
is the current build "complete" enough to a point where restarting a playthrough is no longer need? Basically saves will always work in the next update or not yet? I really don't wanna start all over again and do that grind xD
Kinda sorta? My old saves had, mostly, no problems. Certain clothing combinations were removed and/or replaced so it might report an error in loading them depending on where you saved and your clothing choices. But you can ignore those (literally, if an error comes up hit "ignore") and have them change to a different clothing set to get past the error.
There is a little quirk (no pun intended) however. With the latest quirk system update, the quirks you've encouraged and/or discouraged will be updated. However, there are quirks that didn't exist before and/or quirks that you couldn't have encouraged or discouraged before. But, as far as I can see in code (ShinyBoots1993, Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the encouragement of said quirks can only happen at specific times/events that are not repeatable. So, if you want to encourage a certain quirk that didn't exist before or couldn't have encouraged before and you're at the latest part of the game, you'd need to restart the game or set it via console.

As for the grind, that's why I made the cheat injector.

xefire

Apr 1, 2018
How long are you supposed to wait until Rogue agree to let me date multiple people? Is there a specific trigger or is it time related?

Reactions: HunterSeeker

Maddeninggg

Mar 19, 2019
Yes, we're doing our best to not introduce anything that'll 100% require a restart. This has been the case for a while now. Like Kirby said you might miss a couple new things in old events if you don't restart now, but nothing that prevents you from continuing to play as normal, and you can still even customize the quirks in endgame with an old save too.

vimto

Jan 15, 2018
Out of curiosity, is there a roadmap or plan for what new characters will be included for romance/hook-ups?

ronchonbon

Game Developer
Jul 18, 2019
I don't know if it's just an issue with my computer or my save file, but these last couple updates seem to have made the game way more memory-intensive. My laptop sounds like a jet engine as soon as I boot up the game and crashes are a given after a few minutes of play, especially if I'm entering a room with more than one girl in it or when a cutscene starts.
Would starting a new save fix these memory issues? Or do I just need to get a better machine?

All the new wardrobe additions are very nice though, and I can't wait for all the sex scenes to get the updated artwork.
How much VRAM do you have? It actually is possible that a new save might fix some of the memory issues depending on how old the save is, but if the issue is that the image cache is too big for your GPU then there might not be a way around it :(

I've tried a bunch of things to optimize the game, but the main bottleneck I'm hitting right now is that Live2D requests that Ren'Py load in all of a model's images every time the model is shown. eg. Rogue has like 46 images because of all the clothing items, and they aren't that small

I've thought about trying to modify Ren'Py to check if a model's image is actually going to be used before loading, but it's not a trivial check and has some downstream consequences that I haven't felt like messing with yet

open to suggestions. right now I think something like 4 GB of VRAM is required to play the game, but even that might be pushing it

Reactions: UnsavouryPursuits
Oct 21, 2023
right now I think something like 4 GB of VRAM
Huh? What do you mean?
I was about to back up UnsavouryPursuits on how I too see a significant change in performance.
But then you scared me with this comment so I quickly downloaded 0.5 and loaded a save.
It is totally playable with my 1GB vRAM.
Are you sure you are launching TNH with GPU UnsavouryPursuits ?
Although yeah, every time a character enters or leaves scene it lags game for a <1sec, which is noticable mostly when someone leaves or the scene is room change.
My first guess - check if you didn't overdone the optimalistation, maybe some check if the removal is actually required? Or lag it to the next loading part, so the amount of "loading" phases gets cut /2.

But other than those mini lags and more lags when using skip, I had no issues in game or sex scene with Jean. (don't have access to other ones so I can't try).

Aaaand since I am already here - let's do the uusual session of sharing my issues:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: UnsavouryPursuits

fbashar

Jun 25, 2018
Certain eyebrow movements on the girls seem to be linked to player skin color adjustments. Made MC's skin a little greener and then Rogue and Laura's eyebrows (and a little of the surrounding skin) went green during certain facial movements. Upped the red on my skin and their eyebrows went red too. Screenshot 2024-06-09 212509.png

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
i really want to see domino in this game
She's on the list of potential inclusions.

storm anime version
I googled this and dang is she a cutie. I'm gonna suggest the outfit, hair, and make up to the dev team.

That's some good Storm. Her nipples look a little small and a little high though.
Not meant to be seen yet!

Thanks for reminding me of that sweet sweet feeling of p<=0.05
I hate you. o_O

any female on male rimming planned?
Unlikely.

Really need a big tiddy Emma Fros

with a mommy kink.
Not sure if this will be her "quirk" if we include here. :unsure:

10/10 update since I finally got my favorite Rogue outfit in the game now.

View attachment 3717863
I'm stealing this for the discord.

Kitty Pryde

The current one isn´t bad at all but it kinda makes her seem older imo.
That's because she is older. Some of the dev team wanted her to be in her mid to late 30s.

the shame system needs a lot of polishing
Hard agree on this.
We're aware. It's on our to do list. Reminder to everyone that we're still in EARLY development.

Pretty art should not have you think a game is anywhere near done.

WHY IS LAURA DRESSED LIKE THE LORD OF THE LOCKER ROOM
I have no idea what this means.

girls that aren't even remotely tied to the X-Men franchise.
I'm perpetually confused as to why half the cast of Evolution isn't in the Evolution game.

Words to live by :sneaky:
Listen to them. Kurt knows the way to win girls' hearts!

but maybe it would be a good idea to have a dropdown menu with the harstyles, shirts, shoes, whatever
I'll throw this over to the devs for consideration.

did I insult the devs?
You know what you did...

Hair growth system back wen?
I don't recall it being removed.

Wardrobe movement and dialog looks like deprecated feature.
It'll be added back in time.

Still no way to try clothes in shops.
Taking girls shopping for clothes was one of my favorite things in RLE.

We're still in development so don't take the absence of something as it never going to be there.

Would starting a new save fix these memory issues?
I'm not even a tech person and I know that it'd help at least little bit.

All the girls have their set quirks (2 each)
This may change but we really want to get the finale of chapter 1 done. :cry:

there really isn't a way to cancel
I'll ask if this is possible to include.

the encouragement of said quirks can only happen at specific times/events that are not repeatable.
Dev chat said they'd let you alter some stuff. Try talking to the girls.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
Certain eyebrow movements on the girls seem to be linked to player skin color adjustments. Made MC's skin a little greener and then Rogue and Laura's eyebrows (and a little of the surrounding skin) went green during certain facial movements. Upped the red on my skin and their eyebrows went red too. View attachment 3722086
Jaysus. I... don't know how that's possible. I'll bring it to the dev team's attention.

Maddeninggg

Mar 19, 2019
Can you have open relationships or become friends with benefits instead of dating?
You can have multiple girlfriends at once, but it takes some effort. As of chapter 1, none of the girls are willing to have sex without a relationship, but you can do other stuff with them.

4.60 star(s) 165 Votes