4.60 star(s) 164 Votes

Maddeninggg

Mar 19, 2019
One thing that I do miss from RL:E is the massage mini-game, where each girl has a different pattern of body parts that require attention.
Any chance we could eventually see something like that?

Having the one button that makes the girl go "Mmm. That's nice" without any real benefit seems kinda pointless. It would be great if giving the girl a massage increased the Trust or Love stat. Or both, if its done perfectly.
I also kinda miss the massage mini-game. I could see us finding a way to add something similar, or put a unique spin on it.

Would you give laura a foot massage
Are you insane?!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
I've been unable to date Jean. I had the dialogue to ask her and I text her about it but she doesn't show up. Does anyone have this problem or have a console command so I can circumvent it at least?
Try sleeping in your room alone.

Will there be an option to have an un-cracked phone screen? My heart breaks whenever I see cracked phone screens T_T
I think that'll be in chapter 2. New apps are planned as well as the ability to change your background and home screen.

Also, early on there were options of what I assume is encouraging/discouraging the girl's quirks. Could anyone share what exact quirks they are?
I'm putting them in spoiler in case you want to learn of some on your own organically.

Each has two and you can activate them in any combination.

Jean: Faux Incest Play & Authoritative Dom

Laura: Yandere Stalking & Feral Dom

Rogue: Submissive & Masochistic

A VERY IMPORTANT NOTE

You are NOT losing content by not having a quirk activated. All that changes is the tone of some conversations and the dirty talk during sex when we implement that.

If we ever do add substantial content tied to a quirk, we will add the same amount of content to non-quirk.

VictorHayes

Apr 6, 2018
Jean:

Laura:

Rogue:
Ooh... very nice. I like Jean's first one but the second one feels a bit put-offish. Glad that discouraging any of the quirks doesn't really affect content. Thank you for answering!

Edit: I hope the cake isn't a lie

Edit edit: Oh damn, kinda seeing how Jean's over protectiveness is kinda nice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Humalien

Girlkisser94

Mar 22, 2023
I have a random-ass theory of why the phone screen cracked when it's supposed to be nigh indestructible:

Since it's created with mutant technology, MC's powers somehow negate the phone's "power" of nigh-indestructibility

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk

Reactions: drone4of2

ddtmm

Jun 5, 2020
I have a random-ass theory of why the phone screen cracked when it's supposed to be nigh indestructible:

Since it's created with mutant technology, MC's powers somehow negate the phone's "power" of nigh-indestructibility

Thank you for coming to my Ted talk
I believe that is what was implied by it lol

Reactions: Girlkisser94

adanu

Mar 28, 2020
One thing that I do miss from RL:E is the massage mini-game, where each girl has a different pattern of body parts that require attention.
Any chance we could eventually see something like that?

Having the one button that makes the girl go "Mmm. That's nice" without any real benefit seems kinda pointless. It would be great if giving the girl a massage increased the Trust or Love stat. Or both, if its done perfectly.
I already hate the grinding in this game. Adding more grinding for the sake of grinding is not my idea of a good time.

Reactions: 420691312

freddygonzo

Apr 26, 2024
The massage part of Rogue-like was too annoying to figure out the right order. I looked up the right order in the code, but quickly lost interest to repeat this.
It's not a lot of fun if you have to constantly check spreadsheets to look up what to do in a game.

if the main quest objective events in TNH are a bit more delayed, then the waiting time for relationship events won't feel such a drag in the long run.
At least I have faith in v0.6 to further increase the general enjoyment of the game.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
The massage part of Rogue-like was too annoying to figure out the right order. I looked up the right order in the code, but quickly lost interest to repeat this.
It's not a lot of fun if you have to constantly check spreadsheets to look up what to do in a game.

if the main quest objective events in TNH are a bit more delayed, then the waiting time for relationship events won't feel such a drag in the long run.
At least I have faith in v0.6 to further increase the general enjoyment of the game.
You may just have a bad memory, I suggest small doses of point and click adventure games coupled with learning code breaking to increase complex problem solving, or a pen and paper if you can afford it ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Humalien

aerpon

Sep 22, 2022
Try sleeping in your room alone.
hm. I've tried that and haven't gotten anything to work. I did get the initial date dialogue in summer and waited to spring to try to date her. Maybe that was the issue? Don't know for sure but still can't date her.

VictorHayes

Apr 6, 2018
hm. I've tried that and haven't gotten anything to work. I did get the initial date dialogue in summer and waited to spring to try to date her. Maybe that was the issue? Don't know for sure but still can't date her.
I think what Shinyboots means is that Jean's dating scene starts when you go to do something in your room alone. Jean sends you many text messages and things go from there. I got the scene during the 1st part of the game so it doesn't seem to be act locked. I got the scene when I studied in my room during the Evening tho. These are my stats with Jean when she first offered to date, if that helps.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

armond

Apr 26, 2020
Putting a treadmill into a game is not a slow burn. It's a grind. Have fun with pretending otherwise.
I always love the cope post where people try to brow beat your criticism with "it's slow burn, SLOW BURN!":ROFLMAO:It always seems to be code for nothing of value happens, but to be fair this is very early in development so I'm sure the pace will even out over time.

freddygonzo

Apr 26, 2024
In addition to the helpful pictures what VictorHayes posted:
These are the conditions for the shown asked_on_date event of Jean:

conditions = [
"QuestPool.Quests['Jean_friendship_Quest'].completed",
"Jean.location not in ['hold', Player.location, Player.destination]",
"not get_Present(location = Player.destination)[0]",
"time_index >= 3",
"Jean.is_in_normal_mood()"]

That means that the previous Friendship quest is completed.
Jean should currently not be in the player's location.
Time is evening/night.
Jean shouldn't be currenly mad.

Sometimes these events have a delay of at least 3 days, but can't remember anymore how quickly this date one appeared.
Also not sure how this all works, but the events of other girls could always delay other girls' events if there is a long chain waiting in the event scheduler list.

Reactions: VictorHayes

ShinyBoots1993

Apr 7, 2020
but to be fair this is very early in development so I'm sure the pace will even out over time.
It will. The writers are hard at work finetuning things and adding other methods to progress so you don't have to spam the pool all the time.

What grind there is will fade into the background as we add more meaningful interactions.

Reactions: armond
4.60 star(s) 164 Votes